Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 12:37
Beautiful Disaster

Plan: tbl/common sense
Stats: 380/341/299 Female 6'0"
BF:so i've been told
Progress: 48%

I know it's very possible to avoid getting that yucky look, it just requires toning your body -as you lose-.

For example, look at Eric from the biggest loser. He lost over 200lbs, and his body is strapped. It's because they lost weight from diet AND exercise, not just diet.

I guess it's all about how you lose, how you hydrate, and how you exercise.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 12:58

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

Muse,

You are absolutely correct! If we tighten as we go we don't end up looking like a balloon that had the air all let out at once.

I used to own a fitness center and it made me so sad to see people wait to tone after they had lost 80 pounds. At that point they pretty much had to deal with hiding the flab in their clothes or surgery. By the way I witnessed surgery nightmares as well so the smart thing is to tone as you go!

Thanks for mentioning this. I need to get on the ball with the exercise as well!

Cissie
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 13:12

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
I just bought a stationary recumbant bike for $375 (schwinn) Awesome thing. Holds up to 375 pounds. I got it at Play it Again Sports. They also had elipitcals like you are describing that went up to 350 pound. If you have a Play It Again Sports you may want to check them out...

Oh yeah, and they were hundreds of $$$ less than any where else I looked for the same equipment!
I was just going to say the same thing

also I was talking the my mother yesterday (she has gout) and she likes this thing that is a cross between a recumbent bike and a stair stepper...she says the seat is even comfortable, that I think is hard to find

also you could try to google it
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 13:47
Beautiful Disaster

I think I know what she's talking about - I was just looking at costco.com at this , it's a 3 in one. upright bike, recumbent bike, and elliptical. It's what I'm gonna call them about and see what the weight limit is.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 15:40

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 451/434/287 Female 5'9"
BF:62%
Progress: 10%

I have a Tony Little Gazelle, it has a 350 lb weight limit. I used it even when I was over 400 lbs with no problem. It is easy on my knees. I have to say though, I do like the eliptical at the gym better, I feel like I get a better workout.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 05:49
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 298/284.5/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 9%

I bought my eliptical from Costco too, but do you know, it never dawned on me to check the weight limit?
I wonder though...mine is the real deal no folding up, no built in fan, pretty big Nordic Trac (that I shamefully use as a clothes horse). I went to Costco recently and saw a smaller version of the one I've got now, it folded up and was pretty compact, Does that sound like the one you're interested in?
Maybe because it's SO compact, it's lighter and can only take certain limits? What if you checked out the standard size Nordic Trac equimpent? I hope I don't sound like a dithering idiot, but honestly, looking at the one I have, my husband (who is NO waif) and I could both stand on it and use it together. It's pretty sturdy.
As an aside, see that photo with the skin? I think I've just been motivated to clear the debris from the machine and get moving. I had no idea you could prevent the skin hang!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 06:13

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I hear the secret to prevent skin hang is the burn.

You need to work your muscle in a cycle. Easy, harder, Easy, harder yet, Easy , Very hard... feel the burn, hard, easy.

I have the exercise routine that the Biggest looser are using. If you want it just let me know.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 06:31
Beautiful Disaster

I'd love it, but I don't think I'm a masochist enough to do the routine that they do.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 08:16

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Dee- I'd love to know what kind of routine they are using. Did you get it from a website, book?...Please do share!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 08:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/182.6/140 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 64%

That skin picture was just plain scary! I have been losing sloooowly, just hit 50 lb. today after just over a year, but I can honestly say my skin seems to be keeping up really well. My belly is a little ripply over the stretch marks (but I deserve those for gaining 70 lb. with an 8 lb. baby 16 years ago). Otherwise my skin seems to "fit". I use my treadmill a few days a week and just started yoga - I love it. Already I feel taller and more coordinated. I haven't tried any yoga tapes yet, just class, but it really isn't boring because I have to concentrate on doing the poses right. There are some yoga shows on TV really early in the morning I might try, too, just for variety.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 08:34

BF:

Okay - I just posted and my stats are really old - how do I get them current?
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 09:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane64
Okay - I just posted and my stats are really old - how do I get them current?

You will need to go to your Edit profile section of User CP.

User CP is located on the left side of the page near the top.

Hope this helps!!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-02-07, 15:52

BF:

Thanks - that fixed it!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 02:54
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 298/284.5/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Idypgmr, what's the routine they do? That's the TV show right? I've seen a show I think you're talking about where they kill themselves so they don't get evicted, but all the team members get together and chuck the uppopular members? (I would break down and sob hysterically)
Have you tried the routine? Is it designed for a machine workout or do you have to throw on your running shoes and head for a track? More importantly, would I perhaps die of a heart attack after the first attempt?
Jen
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 07:10
Beautiful Disaster

Jen, I don't think you're thinking of the same show. TBL is on a ranch, and they do work out a whole lot, but there is no eviction. There's challenges (kind of like survivor), and the team that loses has to vote a person out. Usually it's the person who's not losing as much weight as everyone else. Occasionally, it's the person who's losing the most weight, because the team feels threatened.

From what I've watched of the show (all last season), I'm sure it's a nice mix of cardio & weight training.