Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 07:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/279/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default 120 pound question at 250

Is there a thread already posting where others are trying to get rid of around 120 pounds while starting at around the mid 200 range?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 07:15
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Basically The triple digits club....you are there. Welcome to the forum. If you need help or support don't be afraid to visit journals and ask ok?? Were you looking for a challenge type deal?

good luck on your journey to good health.

Annie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 10:21

BF:

Hi Annie, nice to meet you.

Yes...I think maybe. Challange sounds kind of overwhelming to me maybe Im just not sure what the meaning is online.

I havnt had any luck yet with the journal.
I visit others and so far havnt gotten anyone who will vist me and post anything. Its new so maybe its to new, or to boring, or Im saying the wrong stuff.

Plus I m not use to writing for internet forums. Its difficult for me I usually write detailed reports ..so this is very different type of writng. I always feel like I am in rough draft mode!!
So maybe im not doing something right, or maybe im thinking something wrong.

I dont think I know exactly what to ask in seeking support...
Im not use to interacting with to many people or using the internet in that way.
So im not sure how to narrow the overwheliming plethera and I dont want to offend anyone somehow.
I like to laugh at myself and some of my thoughts are kind of cheesy (to me anyway).

I know that I am a mom and a wife who is 120 pounds overweight and a I dont want to be the only one climbing down the ladder it at my weight.

PS..I love your ticker...
I tried to get one at the websit but dont understand how to make it appear on here. Could you let me know how I can make it show up.
THAnks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 10:33

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

If you keep posting in your journal, people will start visiting and then as you start visiting their journals as well, you'll start to get to know people here-----and if you post in the triple digits section it's full of people who also have to lose a lot---I still have 145 # to go to get to my goal, so I'm here with you!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 20:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/231/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Talking Hey JT

Your stats are very close to mine. I too need to loose about the same amount of weight. I have not journalled because I can't seem to sustain them.
I have to admit I hit the quick links New Posts no Journals.

I hope you can use the board to get some good ideas to keep you going. I lost about 45 lbs in 2001 and then gave it up. Why? Don't know but gained it almost all (just 10 lbs short) back. This time I feel I can do this and get all the weight gone because I really like to eat this way.

Well see you around the boards.......
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 20:33

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi JT

I also am looking to loose 120++ pounds. I got sick of journals in college. I am going to start using fitday again to track food and exercise.... starting tomorrow. Let's support each other and be greater loosers!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 08:39

BF:

Hi everyone Thanks for Posting!!
I have been glued to the boards this week, so I gave myself a day off yesterday. It helped me to get my thoughts together.

This forum thing is kind of overwhelming.

But I promised I would stick to it. Maybe it was good that I was glued to posting this past week. Kind of made me attached to the board.

In thinking about it ,,I believe I do want a kind of challenge. I don’t like competing so I think that would hinder my mental attitude.
I do like perseverance though, because I don’t have much of it.

So I guess my challenge would be to persevere all the way through losing 120lbsl Im not just losing the weight and what I eat I am struggling with myself, my attitudes, and my weaknesses.

Is this where I am suppose to start another thread ..or do I keep at this one. The whole thread concept is kind of throwing me off. What is the etiquette on starting threads???? HELPP
thanks!

Last edited by jt2007 : Fri, Feb-16-07 at 09:50.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 08:49

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Im not just losing the weight and what I eat I am struggling with myself, my attitudes, and my weaknesses.
This is a common thing for many of us. This time around, I am focusing alot on the whole emotional aspect of eating. I have been asking and answering alot of very difficult questions about myself. I find it is helping enormously. I truly think that in order to be and remain successful, for me, this has to be done, so I'm doing alot of work in this area now ( if you ever visit my journal, you'll see pages of ramblings of me talking things through with myself and trying to come up with conclusions about my personality ) I do think for myself though that this is the key to success! I wish you great success!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/keckwick
Stats: 282/248/210 Male 73
BF:%/34%/25%
Progress: 47%

A little tip for you? Don;t get enamoured with all the sweets and so called atkins safe treats right away on this, let your body get used to induction type eating for a while. introduce these later on when you are more in control of your body and cravings and move into mainteneance. While these products are great they can create a false sense of security and promote failure and stalls.

This is the biggest thing i learned the first time i tried this.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 10:01

BF:

Thanks Char..it just does seem different the second time around.
I guess its common then experiencing this mental attitude thing.
Thats great!

Awsome Snacky!
Thanks,,,I had just bought the "new" chocolate chip brownie bar
Advantage puts out. That one is sooo difficult for women (the cocolate thing)
You are totally right it does create a false sense of security.

I think I need to find out What I am missing in my system Why ??? I crave chcolate at "certain" times....

This is about getting in control and communicating with my body
not just losing weight.