Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276/260/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default 2 week stall

I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks then nothing. I keep fluctuating between 259.5 and 261.. but then today it is 262.5! I am in ketosis. I check it every other day. I am doing very well and not eating anything different.. I don't get in more than 20 grams of carbs a day. still in induction. but I am not moving.. I am under a lot of stress right now and had lost my appetite- someone said I wasn't eating enough.. so I am eating more. Someone said I am not drinking enough water so I am drinking more.. the only other thing is that I am broke from head to toe in excema from the stress. Think I may have candida and that could be it.
It is also around my tom so that could be the increase.. but I am getting weary..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 09:32

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

this is normal, not a stall.

you've lost 16 pounds quickly, probably water and emptying your glycogen stores mostly.

4 to 6 weeks is a stall.

MOST people experience the '3rd week stall' after induction.
Just stay the course do not cheat. Do not freak out.

Weight loss is a roller coaster, not a straight drop down the scale. and Yes, you will bulk up with water etc before TOM.

Please enjoy the new woe and learn to have patience. It's working for you, you're doing great!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 10:24
OWL More Veggies

Stats: 255/223/175 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 40%

Listen to Pennink, I think your just in the same boat Im in, and in my heart I know we will start to lose again.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 10:27

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

:hug:

I feel for you. I have, in the past, posted my weightloss chart from May.. if you want to see it I'll post again. Shows the ups and down all the way down.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 09:38

Stats: 276/260/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

thank you all for the encouragement. I have been on program for a month- this is the longest I have gone in 12 years! before caving in- usually just a week or 2 and I am back to eating bad. I am determined this time to continue for the long haul.. and with the candida I know I need to eat this way for life. I Have been taking probiotics and am breaking out worse with more ezcema patches.. but I read it gets worse before better.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 13:04

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I, too, am experiencing the stall so I guess we all need to wait it out...it's nice to have everyone's support when things aren't going well.....
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 21:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/134.5/130 Female 164 CM
BF:
Progress: 44%

I was in a 2 month stall adn I gave up...probably 5 minutes before the miracle. Now I can't get it to budge. I think the key is DO NOT GIVE UP. BE VERY CONSISTENT. That is what worked for me 3 years ago when I got to my goal weight the first time (before medical school wrecked me).
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 16:42
Registered Member

Stats: 148/127/110 Female 4' 10"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfulmama
thank you all for the encouragement. I have been on program for a month- this is the longest I have gone in 12 years! before caving in- usually just a week or 2 and I am back to eating bad. I am determined this time to continue for the long haul.. and with the candida I know I need to eat this way for life. I Have been taking probiotics and am breaking out worse with more ezcema patches.. but I read it gets worse before better.

I've found these things very helpful for exczema.

#1.) Evening Primrose oil (taken internally 2-3 pills a day)
#2.) Omega 3 Fish Oil (taken internally 3-4 pills a day)
#3.) Cod Liver Oil (taken internally 2-3 pills a day)
#4.) Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic -- use Bragg's taken internally 2 - 3 tablespoons a day
#5) Extra virgin Olive Oil put directly on the affected areas.