Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/170/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi ya'll! Kristi from Knoxville here. I was excited to see other Tennessean's on this board. Looks like most of you are on the West end of the state. I travel there about once a month with my job. It is a nice area......

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll check back in with you soon!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%
Wink Cookevillian here

Hey everyone. I've been coming to this forum for several months now and never saw this sub-forum. lol Glad to see others from the same part of the country. Others who gained weight eating all the wonderful southern foods that we have available. The heavy gravy and starchy foods. yum yum....but ya know what....I don't care for it any more. It means nothing to me, I have to say I am cured!

I gained the weight during two pregnancies(kept 15 lbs) and a depression I went thru a couple of years ago (the last 10 lbs). But here I am sooo close to my goal and I feel great! No signs of depression or any unhappiness at all. I would love to share what I have learned about rediscovering oneself. (If anyone is interested. )

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 10:25

Stats: 190/183/130
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi Tennesseans,
I am outside of Murfreesboro Tn....been on Atkins for about three weeks, and have lost 7 lbs so far. I love this woe, I feel better, have more energy, and everyone says my skin looks better!LOL. Nice to meet you
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 10:53

Stats: 165/125/125
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Renee,

Welcome to the LC lifestyle. Congratulations on your loss. I started Atkins in August and I've lost 34 pounds. Stick with your plan it works! I'm not sure if I still want to get down to 125, I'm tired of buying new clothes (lol). It's a good thing I know how to sew!
Keep us posted on your progress.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 20:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 207/185/190
BF:17%/14%/9%
Progress: 129%
Lightbulb Lo Carb Center in Bartlett, TN

Hey Everyone:
I have looked at the site for a bit and figured that you would be happy to find out that there is a Lo Carb Center in Bartlett. It is off of Summer Ave. I don't have the address with me. I saw it in the Health & Fitness Paper Magazine that you get free at Krogers. I saw it in the December 2002 issue. It may be in the upcoming issue also. It is called something like Mimi's and Papa's Low Carb Center. My wife said when she visited that they started in November( I hadn't heard anything about it until almost January though because of the ad). Anyway I thought you would like to here. O this is good too. They have a Lo Carb Support Group that meets there on Tuesday nights or something like that. Take care
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 10:58

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Low Carb Center in Bartlett!

That's awesome! I am in Cordova. Is there anyone out there in cordova who needs a walking / workout buddy? Cause I sure do!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:58

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Low carb support group in middle tennessee

Hi everyone,

I would like to start a support group for
middle tennessee. I'm in Dickson, so
it would be for Nashville, Bellevue, Fairview, Kingston Springs, Bon Aqua areas (and anywhere else close enough to drive.)

I'd like it to meet once a week or once a fortnight. All the details will be worked out as we go along.

Please let me know if you are in these areas and would be interested in joining.

Thanks,
Kara
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 11:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 207/185/190
BF:17%/14%/9%
Progress: 129%
Lightbulb Atkins on Larry King Live(a little long)

Hello every one:
It seems that the low carb network is somewhat of a little family. So I wanted to share this with you. Though the plan I am currently on is Protein Power, I promote Lo carb lifestyle in general.
Anyway to get to the news. Dr. Atkins was on Larry King Live last night and for some who have not read any of his books in its entirety, some of the stuff maybe new for others it is a healthy reminder. He is promoting a new book and an upcoming book on diabetes and obesity. For him the link between the two is about 60% (60% of the clients he has dealing with obesity have diabetes(at the atkins center)) . Take a look at the transcript. I am posting it here. http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0301/06/lkl.00.html

Also I have a question for those I have read that have gone off the their eating plan and then come back. Moreso just an observation and suggestion. It would seem that because the Atkins eating plan is a lot like the Protein Power that it has stages that a person can go through until they get to an eating plan with more carbohydrates about 70-130 g. If that is true it would make more since that if you are considering coming off the eating plan to only go up in the stages. Reasoning is that this way you will save the metabolic and positive health benefits that you aquired at your lower levels of carbohydrate intake. This is just an observation and suggestion. I would think this may help reduce some of the guilty feelings associated with "falling off the wagon". It should also keep you in control of your destiny of a healthy lifestyle. Take care all
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 11:05

Stats: 181/170/135
BF:
Progress: 24%

TWISTER

I LIVE IN CORDOVA AS WELL, & I'VE BEEN LAYED OFF I WILL NEED A WORKOUT PARTNER. HOW CAN WE GET TOGETHER.

KANDI
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:17

Plan: n/a
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 7%

Does anyone in the Nashville area know some good stores to buy low carb products?

I am moving there in a few weeks and havent had much luck looking online?

Thanks!

Susie
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 20:28

Stats: 240/225/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Live in Knoxville too

Hey there NoKarbKris I live in Knoxville also. How long have you been LCBing it? How much have you lost. Work downtown Knoxville.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 19:02

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi NoKarbKris and Sandidee, I'm over in Blount County, TN - near the Knoxville airport
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 14:12

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I am in Bristol, TN