Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 10:22

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Im back....once again

Well Here I am once again! I have tried and given up so many times they are too numerous to count. As of this date I weigh more than I ever have in my life and God knows I need HELP. So I didnt know anywhere to turn but here. My family doesnt believe in my efforts given my history with having started so many diets and giving up so easily and I cant blame them. So I needed support from others who have done the same. You know its not the quitter who wins in the end, its the person who gets up and keeps on trying. That person is me. I am 40yrs old and a Stay at Home Mom. My oldest child, a daughter, got Married in March of this year and she is expecting her first baby in early September, a Girl. This will be my first grandchild. I remember how much energy it takes to care for and play with a little one. My youngest is 15 now.

I guess the first thing that made me KNOW I needed to do something about my weight was this picture that was taken of my son in law and myself at their wedding. When I looked at that, I was so abhored that I almost tore it up. Then I realized that was the only picture my daughter has of me that was taken on her Wedding Day and it was Horrible. I was so embarrassed. I looked like I weighed 350 lbs, but I dont. I only weigh 243 but still that is too much for my Five Foot Three frame. I Need HELP bad. I have so many health problems, Possible Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure, Auto Immune Disease, Heart Valve Disease and others. I NEED to do this for myself.

Ive chosen South Beach because it is something I can live with! Ive done it in the past and it was my favorite. I need a refresher on it so Ive came here. Hopefully I can find a good buddy here that will kind of help me to stay motivated. Lord knows I need it. Thanks for letting me sound off!

Gwen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 10:51
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Hello Gwen

Have you read the SB book yet? You can find all the food lists and meal plan charts on the first page of my journal. Feel free to copy and print them up for your personal use. I found the meal plan charts to be the most useful in teaching me to eat this way.

Here are a few things that I did to make this work for me:
1- promise myself to log my food in my public journal here daily...and I did, for 20 months. It kept me very accountable.
2- follow the meal plan charts.
3- never give up and quit...keep moving forward, no matter what!!
4- weigh daily and got over the emotional ups and downs of the scales and use it as info on how different foods effect my body.
5- avoided grains as much as possible while seeking weight loss...no wheat!!

Join us in the SB Babes weighin and also in the TDC weighin!!

Good Luck! You can do this!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-08, 11:40

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%

[QUOTE=Judynyc]Hello Gwen

Have you read the SB book yet?

Judy,

Yes, I have read the South Beach Book Numerous times. I have it tucked away in a box in the basement, Im guessing I need to get it out once again dont I? lol

Thanks for the tips and support! Im in it for the longhaul!

Gwen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-08, 10:19

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Gwen!

I just wrote a little blurb to you over in the TDC asking you to join us here, but I see you beat me here! Anyways, welcome once again! We have a few things in common. My daughter is getting married next week! I see you just went through a wedding. Any advice on getting through it? I'm also a SAHM. I'd love to be your buddy, but can't promise that this week I'll be a very good one! Too busy with wedding plans. I will stop over to your journal though ASAP! Feel free to visit mine too. I've not been a really good SBer lately, but I'm looking forward to some renewed committment and maybe we can cheer each other on! Feel free to visit my journal anytime!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-08, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach (new)
Stats: 223/205/140 Female 5 feet six inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Welcome

Welcome, I am fairly new here myself, having also tried numerous times with numerous diets. My low point was 223 with my son's wedding on the horizon. I started on May 16 and have lost 13 lbs. My son is getting married this Sunday and I will NOT be under 200 lbs, but I just may be around for his anniversary. My bp was high, i was depressed and unable to pull myself out of it. I started eating according to phase one, and my depression lifted, which allowed me to start getting some exercise. My doctor has taken me off one of my bp meds. Mentally, I feel 100% better, but i am still huge in my eyes with 60 lbs to still lose. I have to buy a dress for the wedding today and am in panic mode. I too am worried about those wedding pics, but, hopefully, I will look back on them and say "remember when." My family is very supportive and on our Sunday dinners, we for the most part eat South Beach. I wish you all the best, Cheryl