Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 14:56

Plan: scaresdale and now Protien power
Stats: 160/137/128
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Protien power diet

QUOTE] I am 5'3" also... so what age are you.. I am 49 and med frame and trying to figure out what my weight for goal should be... any help would be great.. I just ordered the books.. Did scaresdale for 2 week introduction. now want to go on PP for the rest of the diet to loose and then way of eating for me. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 06:26

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

RAHarris

WOW! Your Triglicerides are more than HALF of what they were a few months ago. And without medication! That is MAAAAAAAAVALOUS! Sounds like this plan is working well for you. Keep us posted about your progress. Bet they'll be down another half by the end of the year!

kat
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 11:33

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan since 6/6/02
Stats: 269/209/126
BF:Unknown
Progress: 42%
Question Canola Oil?

Rob,

I switched to it from olive oil but I didn't do much more than compare the nutrition info on the bottles.

Do you use canola oil?

Thanks!
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 11:39

Plan: protein power
Stats: 168.8/157.9/130 Male 5 foot 2 inches
BF:33.1/27/20
Progress: 28%

for frying I tend

to use sunflower oil or groundnut oil . I dont think we have canola oil in the UK .

Rob
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/125/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Does anybody happen to know how to convert metric grams into cups and ounces? I could research this, but I'd rather be lazy.

Thanks, Rob, for the input on the cheesecake recipe!!! Now I can do some experimenting with different nut-based crusts and keep the yummy part (the cheesecake sans graham cracker crust)!!

I'm always interested in good recipes, so keep 'em coming!!!

Thanks everybody!

#51   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 19:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/260/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Here's a good conversion tool for US and metric conversions - in both directions. Bookmark it for future use, it's pretty helpful.

http://southernfood.about.com/library/info/blconv.htm
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 15:09

Plan: scaresdale and now Protien power
Stats: 160/137/128
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Re: Key wee limes

I buy a bag of the little key wee limes and squeese one of these in a glass with ice and sugar free stuff... and is good Maybe 3 carbs but great refresher and not to sweet...
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 14:13

Stats: 280/258/228
BF:
Progress: 42%

I started PP Sept 12. I didn't follow the plan exactly, I sort of slid into the first week to clean out my fridge. But since I really started I've stuck with only one goal, to limit the carbs to less than 40 a day. I measured and my protein intake is supposed to be 140 grams a day. I thought that was a lot but it's easy to eat 1.5 pounds of meat a day, I love it. I don't worry about going over, a few times I was hungry and my 'snack' would be a piece of chicken or sausage. I just started fitday today to see what my intake is.

I've been lifting weights 4-5 times weeky since March and walk twice a day for 20-30 minutes. I lost ten pounds in March and April, then nothing until I started PP. I've lost another ten in the last three weeks, and that might have been more but had two weekend beer drinking binges (six cans!).

I haven't consulted with my doctor, but next month I'll have a checkup for some meds I'm taking. I'll ask for blood work then. My BP is up, but nothing to worry about.

So I can see this being my way of life forever. I don't even feel like playing with my carb level when I reach my goal weight. I'm not hungry anymore, I love my meals, and have great energy, certainly more than I had six weeks ago.

I'll see how I feel in a month.
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 22:00

Stats: 266/225/210
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default PP plan

I started PP June 2 2002. I have no tread the Life Plan book and I think thats the question that start this thread. I call my diet the KISS PP. I kept a log for the first three weeks and figured out what I could eat that kept me at 30 grams of carb and 135 or more protein. Then I just kept eating it.

I've made some exceptions, during vacation and parties, but never for more than one meal in a row and some things are out like the simple carbs; sugars, fructose, honey, etc.

I didn't want to have to think about each meal and I decided that if I'm going to control my eating I've got to stop thinking of it as entertainment.

What I'm having trouble with now as I approach my goal weight I've figuring out what to add back so I stop losing weight. So I'm going to pick up the PPLP book and see what it has to say.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/129/127
BF:
Progress: 87%
Thumbs up Who is following Protein Power

Hi, my husband and I are following a sort of combination of Atkins and Protein Power. Sorry, but don't have a real journal to post.

It's working for us. We are still losing and very satisfied with the results. I like Protein Power because more emphasis is put on quality proteins and fats.

Mary
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 14:21
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Today is my first day from atkins to protein power.

cin
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 08:10

Stats: 350/289/200
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default i have followed the protein power plan for awhile now off & on

ivewt gain forces me to return when i eat like normal people we know what happens :
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 09:35

Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up Following PP Since Dec'99

Copied this from the thread "Why did you chose LC"...this is hubby and my story...B

LC Chose Me
I was asked this question in another thread so decided to post my answer here as well....I would have to say we chose this WOL for all of the above reasons...

Actually our story is pretty typical in the fact that we both were following high carb/low fat to the letter... I have always been very active exercising (swimming, walking etc)...but could not shed a pound... was very muscular but was disappointed in my overall appearance and attributed my added poundage to middle age...hubby was built typically like most middle age guys...tiny butt and nice looking legs but all his weight was in his belly...his family has a history of heart disease and diabetes so with most of the weight he was carrying around his middle he was a heart attack waiting to happen...one day a friend had mentioned he was reading a book called Protein Power and that the explanation of following a Low Carb diet made alot of sense to him...he passed it on to my hubby and he read it from cover to cover...hubby is one who does not make decisions on the spur of the moment and analyzes everything to death before acting ( Business Manager ) so when he came to me and expressed a desire to try LC I was amazed... first of all I was pissed off because I had high carb/low fat down to a science and for him to even suggest we eat bacon and eggs sent me ballistic.. on a whim I decided to indulge him... when I jump into something I research it diligently...if we were going to do this we were going to do it right I was flabbergasted when we both started losing weight...this was just too easy after starting the plan I searched for support online and found LC Canada and other great LC sites where things have now progressed a long way since I began this WOE... such wonderful supportive info out there now I began comparing different plans ie Atkins, PP, CAP etc. and for our lifestyle found PP worked best for us...when we started small amounts of LC fruits were not allowed on Atkins and the carb levels for induction/intervention were different etc...decided if it wasn't broke don't fix it hubby was taking lipitor for high chlor but since losing fifty pounds and in the best shape of his life he is now meds free... we are both examples of how this WOL does work and continues to work
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 21:17

Stats: 220/201/140
BF:?
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up I am on protein power

I have been on Protein Power for aprox 40 days and it was the best desion I have ever made. It is amazing!!!! I don't have a journal you can read as I am fairly new here. But I would love to chat with some other Protein Power followers.
Karen congrats on your LOSS!
Anyone out there want to chat?
Anyone from Calgary, or in around Alberta?

Heather
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 16:07
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi Heather! Check out the Canada forum <a target="_blank" href="http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15">here (link).</a> There's a Calgary thread there.

Glad you're enjoying this new WOE! I'm doing the protein power thang, too. Sometimes I miss the junk food, but I don't miss the excess weight, blood sugar swings, acne and PMS! If I knew how much better I'd feel, I'd have done it years ago!

See you 'round! Feel free to drop by my journal!