Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 08:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hey all! I am in a rare mood today. I cleaned my apt!!! That NEVER happens. In the 2 years I have lived here, I have probably vacuumed maybe 5-6 times total. That's kind of embarassing to admit. I am not a pig, though, just detest vacuuming and dusting with a passion. I always do my dishes and don't have any clutter laying around. Anyway, took me 2.5 hours to clean a one bedroom apt

Dawn-You are so right. It's frustrating sometimes when the weightloss is not as quick as we'd like. But, so long as we are making progress, we are soooo much farther along than if we hadn't done anything at all. Thanks for reminding us of this!

Lissette-I hadn't gone back to induction-like eating. I had decided to do a clean Protein Power, meaning no artificial sweeteners (I've always avoided all other LC products and Frankenfoods). It didn't last very long and then I did a couple weeks going hog-wild with the daVinci syrup, SF gum, diet Rite, and that Fruit2O energy drink. I was craving ALL the time. I knew it was all something I needed to avoid, so 2 days ago, I quit again, cold turkey. I have incorporated some actual whole-grains in small amounts. Last night I had a small amount of plain, steel-cut oatmeal with my dinner, and was down to 147.5 today. I think I just have to come to terms with the fact that I simply cannot handle anything sweet-tasting, whether it is real sugar or fake. It just messes with my whole system. This is why it's been so hard for me to give up, b/c I am obviously addicted to it. But, it's something I have to do, and I've completely cleaned it out of the house.

Definitely, eliminated as much fake food as possible I think is a positive step for all. It may be lower in carbs but I don't believe that it is entirely safe. I would rather indulge in a little whole-wheat bread or oatmeal a few times per week. Anyway, that's obviously my point of view and others may disagree. Well, I have to finish up the cleaning now. I did everything but the dreaded vacuuming. The sooner I do it, the sooner it's done. And then I don't have to think about it again for another couple months or so
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 08:36

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning and congratulations to Grandma Lissette She's a sweetie!

Hi Dawn, Wendy, And the much-missed Bawdy

A lot of you have done very well over the last few months and you SHOULD be proud of yourselves! I definitely have some physical and emotional issues going on and wish I were joining you on that wonderful downhill roll but I am not giving up .

Bawdy-I'll hold him, you hit him over the head with a big enough plank to wake him up.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 13:47

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!179!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 16:50

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hey pp pals!!

i do think back every now and then and remember i was wearing a size 26W and mens 46" pants. i am now a 18W and mens 40" pants. that is quite a difference. i know the scale fluctuates and i know i just need to be happy as long as i fit in my clothes!!! but it is very depressing to see the scale reading 201 right now, when i was sure i was in onderland for good!!! however, i feel so much better overall eating this way that i will NEVER give up!!!

i relaxed my eating a little yesterday and ate some berries and peanuts. actually i was at friends house and they were eating popcorn, and offered me peanuts (i had to munch on something, the popcorn smell was driving me nuts). in result my calories were higher then what i will lose at, therefore, still 201 this morning.

i think since i seem to have lost as much initial-reintervention-lbs that i am going to i need to add some fruit back in to my diet to get the calories down. at least that is my plan for next week.

have a great saturday!!
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 18:03

BF:

Way to go Unity!!!
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 19:08
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Unity! I am so happy for you.. its good to see those numbers rolling downward!

Michelle! surprised smile.. you posted a picture! You did it!
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 22:50

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

I've been at 182 for 2-3 months
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 23:44

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

dawn-- you shoulda seen me doin the happy dance when i posted that pic and returned to the thread to see that it worked!!!!

unity-- WTG great job!!

lissette-- by the way, good to see how you look in real life. probably not flattering to know when i picture your name i see the cow. you have inspired me to put my mug up there for a while. so here it is:
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Unity, it just goes to show that if you stick to plan, things will happen. The human body is not a science lab in which if you follow all the rules exactly you'll get predictable results. If only that were true!

My food choices have still been pretty crappy lately. I just can't seem to get it in gear to make good choices. I'm still at 154, I think -- at least all my new suits are still loose on me. Take yesterday, for example. For breakfast, I had 3 cups of black coffee and 2 slices LC toast with SF peanut butter and regular butter. Lunch was a mock danish made with 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, 3 Tbsp half-and-half, 2 eggs, and some SF maple syrup. Dinner was 10 Ritz crackers and one and a half slices of cheese, and 2 glasses of wine. Sounds like it would be very high in fat, probably ok in carbs, and low in protein. Here are the numbers:

Calories: 1409
Fat: 94 grams (59%)
ECC: 47 grams (13%)
Protein: 55 grams (16%)

So, those carbs are way high. If all those carbs had come from veggies (or even a couple!), that would have been better. Instead the carbs came from the LC bread and from the crackers. And the protein was WAY too low. I should have had twice that much.

I'm not gaining from eating this way, but I'm not doing myself any favors health-wise either. I just can't bring myself to cook full meals for just me. A casserole would be good, but it's too hot for that.

How about helping me out with a couple ideas. I did buy some beef for shish-kebob, and that will be 2 high-protein meals.

But it's not really the protein I'm having trouble getting in (yesterday notwithstanding). I need to get some veggies into me. Maybe this morning I'll run up to the farm market to see what's fresh. On the way back, I'll stop at the grocery store.
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Morning! Another day that I cannot sleep in past 6 am Oh well. Weight is holding steady at 147.5.

Bawdy-Hmmmm.....What veggies do you like the most? I have found this summer that I am totally burnt out from cucumbers and chicken and bagged salmon for lunches, b/c I ate it every day all year. So I've made some changes. I've been eating cottage cheese, several chicken breakfast sausages, and a small tomato for breakfast, and for lunch, I've been having a couple eggs scrambled with mushrooms and topped with melted 2% colby. I'm loving it! Do you like cottage cheese? It has TONS of protein. Do you have Greek yogurt at your grocery store? My Trader Joe's has a brand called Total 0%, with 15g protein and only 6g carbs per cup. They also have quite a line of Splenda-sweetened LC yogurts out there now. As far as other quick protein choices, I eat a lot of hamburgers and chicken sausages that I get from Trader Joe's. I do eat a LOT of cheese, especially cottage cheese, mozzarella, and the 2% colby. I probably eat at least 4 oz of hard cheese plus at least 1/2 c. if not more of cottage cheese per day. The protein adds up quickly. As far as veggies, rather than having a mock danish, could you have your eggs as an omelet filled with mushrooms, tomatoes, and/or peppers (and of course cheese)? What about having a salad and topping it with all sorts of LC goodies? That's often the only type of veggies I feel like eating in the summer. What are your thoughts on avocado? They can make a nice addition to a salad, are good in omelets, sliced on a burger, or turned into guacamole, yum Or, rather than having veggies at breakfast, you might have a few berries instead. Blueberries are AWESOME right now, so big and plump and juicy, just how I like 'em!!

Unity-Congratulations! All your patience is paying off

Acipenser-It's nice to see a picture of you. Hang in there. You HAVE come a long way, and being at 201 right now is just a test. A few months from now you will be laughing about it all as you are comfortably in the 100's

Elaine-Glad to hear you are still plugging along. What are your current goals right now? We are always here for you.
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 06:10

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for the tips, Wendy. I'm eating 3 eggs scrambled with 3/4 ounce Havarti cheese, and 1 slice LC toast with butter. I think I might have to go back to using Fitday for a week or so.

Fruit at breakfast is really the way to go. I have been having a few tomato cravings lately. For whatever reason, tuna salad with sliced tomatos has entered my mind lately.

I also really like cole slaw -- unfortunately, my favorite is KFC, and that's probably loaded with sugar. Hey, let's find out . . .

Yup, just as I thought. Went to the KFC web site (isn't the Internet great!) and a 130-gram portion of cole slaw (however much that is) comes up at 190 calories, 11 grams fat, 22 grams carb with 3 grams fiber and 13 grams sugar, and 1 gram protein. That's a lot of sugar!

I do have a LC recipe for the dressing, which I made last year and is really good. I know you can buy the cabbage already "slawed" with a little carrot in small bags. I'll do that.

Also, I have a recipe for a 3-cheese spinach dip that everyone loves. I can buy some raw veggies to use as dip. That would make it a double-whammy for veggies. And the neufchatel, ricotta, and cheddar would up the protein count a bit. I wonder what this would taste like with a bit of bacon thrown in . . .

For whatever reason, homemade salads just don't appeal to me right now in the least. A restaurant Caesar salad sounds ok once in a while, but not too often. This is strange, since I've gone through periods where I could eat Caesar salad every single day.

OK, that's a start.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sun, Jul-11-04 at 06:18.
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 07:49

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

hey there!
WTG Unity! NEVER GIVE UP needs to be our PP gals new motto!!!!!!

Wendy, so how does the chicken sausage taste? I have not even seen that in our neck of the woods! Also I tried to type in the fruit20 to find the website, and it wouldn't come up, do you have the url????Your omlet idea sounds yummy, I always keep pepper jack cheese around I think I will throw in some orange peppers,green onions and have one this morning!

Michele, GREAT picture! You look good! So NOW you can think of my name as a BLOND COW instead of a dairy b/w gurnsey!!!

I will try to write more later, have a good one!!!
  #103   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 08:09

BF:

Lissette, this is the fruit2o site:
www.fruit2o.com
which, for some reason, I can't get onto??? Forbidden???Wendy, this is probably an omen that I shouldn't drink that citrus boost

Bawdy. one of my fave summer meals is fresh tomato with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and fresh basil or basil and oregano with mozzarella cheese chunks. I am actually having that today for lunch. It's fast and you can make it ahead and put it in the fridge or let it sit out 1/2 an hour to let the seasonings blend and then put the cheese on it.Add some chicken or steak if you need protein, that's what I usually do. I have this with hamburgers alot.

Wendy, my immediate goal is to get my energy back and start working out again. I've been eating pretty clean (except for a low carb margharita last night ) which I had with grilled steak.Anyone who has chronic fatigue would know what this post-surgery fatigue is like.
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 08:54
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yawns and stretches........Skipped church this morning, just didnt sleep well last nite, and when 7 am rolled around, to go to the early service, I was like, um.. maybe not.. ...

Need to make this quick, off to teach.. have to stop and pick up my cash from my son and give that back..will catch up more.. acipenser-WOW to the avatar=)

I cant get in that link for the juice either

But didnt try very hard..LOL.............gottttttttttta go.. dang i procrastinate something fierce...
Still holding at 202!
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 11:35

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

thanks Elaine, I get the same thing with it not giving authorization! OOOH your lunch sounds good! (try getting fresh basil here!HA I guess I could go pick some naturally organic-induced with fresh fertilizer kosher weed!)

Energy is a BIG commodity, I think that 95%+ people have a tendency to over eat or eat the wrong foods for a pick me up! ( I'm one of them! )
I would love to give the gurana a try, I just purchased zantrax 3, it has yerba mate,gurana,green tea and it looks like the ingrediants are ones that will not bother me. I am starting it today and will let you all know what I think of it! AND NO I am not endorsing it, just trying it for energy and suppression!

Wendy, I made an omelet today and my ds came in and so I made 2, I figure that it is alot healthier then cocoa puffs!!!

Bawdy, I can not handle fruit first thing in the mornings, maybe after my meal, or an inbetween snack thrown in with yogurt ect... In fact I have never been able to do the grapefruit or orange juice either, makes me shaky and I feel awfull! So what is your recipe for the spinach dip?????

Dawn, Have a good visit with your son! ( I like the good morning sign!)

You all have a good Sunday now!
Closed Thread