Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 11:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/232/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Unhappy Feeling so frustrated :-(

I've been losing weight so slowly that if I go any slower, I'll be going backwards!

I only lost about 1.5lbs during the whole month of March!

I'm feeling so frustrated. I don't know what to do anymore

No matter what I do, I don't seem to ever be in ketosis anymore. I used to be bright purple, but now I'm lucky if I get even the slightest shade of pink... I'm so frustrated
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 11:28

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Jen,

Are you losing inches? Are your clothes fitting better? Also it might help if you post some menus and give us some details.

I've been showing negative ketones for weeks, but I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week. Those strips are not the most accurate measure!

Hang in there. This does work. You might have to evaluate how your doing and tighten things up a bit to get things moving again.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 11:34

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyG
Are you losing inches? Are your clothes fitting better?

Ditto!

I don't use the keto sticks, but my doctor explained them, and said any colour is good.

Have you been tracking what you eat? Your carb counts? Your exercise? You've had great success to date! Maybe you are losing some inches and it's time for some adjusting.

What level are you doing - Induction, OWL? If you started introducting new foods, have you been watching how they affect you?

Hang in there!! You can do it!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:14
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I hear you, it's frustrating when we aren't losing as quickly as we want to. I'm there right now too. And my clothes aren't fitting any better, so I don't even have that to comfort me.

But... one of the guys at work today said my NECK was looking skinnier! So, maybe there is something to the whole redistributing weight thing.

I just keep telling myself that it's just not possible to stick to 20-30 net carbs a day, workout 4 days a week, have a calorie deficit of an average of 800-1000 calories a day and still NOT lose weight eventually. It just has to kick in eventually, doesn't it?

Hang in there!

Valerie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

what are you eating? Can you post a menu? What excersize do you do?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 14:17

Stats: 260/252/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Jen,

I posted something similar (although MUCH longer ) on the Atkins thread just a bit ago and received lots of good feedback. Here's the thread if it works...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177161

I have only been doing this for 3 weeks, so you have some time on me, but I am feeling like I am going to be one of those turtle losers no matter what I do. Of course I have been reminded to think broader than the weight loss.

I know that's not much help for you...but I guess all I'm really saying is that you are not alone. And I'm glad I am not alone...even though that does not lessen the frustration.

Jenn
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 16:56

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

If your clothes fit better, but the scale doesn't budge, and you aren't doing enough exercise to have built muscle, what's the explanation?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:19

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I suggest you try some experiments to see what will work for you. I really think this hits all of us at one time or another. Based on my experience, as you lose weight, you do need to cut back on how much you eat. Do your experiment for several days, maybe up to 2 weeks in a row to see how it improves things for you.

If you aren't exercising, then you need to do some, preferably a little cardio and a little strength training.

Some things to try:

- change your food intake - increase fiber, decrease calories, adjust the percentages of fat/protein/carbs.
- increase exercise - more cardio, moderate resistance training (for weight lifting - do more reps rather than constantly increasing the weights)
- change when you eat - eat 5-6 small meals per day, eat breakfast if you aren't
- cut out most, if not all, SF treats and processed foods (lc bars, SF ice cream, etc.)

I struggled with this all winter but have finally found a plan that really works for me. I've been eating salads (romaine lettuce) for both lunch and dinner, with some meat (chicken or roast beef) in them. I eat Keto lc oatmeal for breakfast with a splash of DaVinci SF syrup and a cut up strawberry mixed in.

Good luck!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:38

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

You've already lost a good amount of weight, so your body is probably in a period of readjustment.

Have a look at this thread http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...4591#post274591 to see why you shouldn't expect weight loss to go in a straight downward line. There are lots of good links in the Hot Links thread in Newbies Questions - right at the top. Have a look.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 22:12

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

There are so many reasons why you can sit at a certain weight for a while. Is this weight a possible set point for your body, in other words, did you spend any amount of time at that weight before you gained? The way I understand it is the body remembers certain weights it sat at for a while and you have to work a bit harder to move it past that and down to the next set point.
You do have to look at what you are eating. If I do not drink at least 12 glasses of water, I do not lose, sugar alchohols stop my weight loss cold, is there some new food you started eating around the time the weight loss slowed down? Are you keeping your overall carb count down? These are all things to think about. YOu got a lot of great posts here with lots of great ideas and thoughts, do not give up, this woe is all about tweaking as you go !! You will figure it out and start down again !! Stephie
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:54
Registered Member

Stats: 262/232/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks so much for all your replies and information. I've been happy and sad on this WOE and that was a sad day.

I can probably sum up my problems based on what you guys have said:
1. I have not been exercising enough
2. I have been eating SF foods with sugar alcohols
3. I did weigh this for about a couple of years before I put on the add'l weight that put me up to 262, so it could just be a "set point"

I'm going to keep working on this. As of this morning I'm down 37lbs and I feel better so I'm going to just keep working and try to make sure I get my exercise in.

I just started supplementing with L-glutamine and it seems to be helping with the cravings which had started when I started having all the SF stuff.

I am also toying with the idea of cutting out cheese as I have been eating a lot of it and maybe it's not good for me. I may have a yeast problem.

I don't know what I'd do without all the support I get here!