Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#181   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

WORK IN PROGRESS>>DO NOT COPY..

game #10 one week.. Tuesday 21-Tuesday-28th
Name.............start wt..........current............goal...........# to go
Paulette...........214.0..............xxxx........... -xxxx
Lisa................187.4...............xxxx......... ..xxxx
Cricket............146.2...............xxxx........... 1.0
Jodi................145.0...............xxxx ...........2.0
Barb...............180.2................xxxx......... .xxxx
Himi...............224.6.............xxxx........... .xxxx
Chrissie...........173.4...............xxxx.......... xxxx
Kathy......wt....137.6......RANGE: 130.0---139.0.............. in range
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

CRICKET: You've had so much stress lately with the issue with your shoulder, the birth certificate, picking all of those berries and the change in your schedule, and the death and selling of the horses... I'm sure that has something to do with your fluctuations.

You've done this so many years and have maintained your weight so you'll get back on track. Sometimes for me, it's that day of hitting bottom and eating everything in sight (and feeling like crap afterwards) that gets me back on it. However, it seems like you are really watching your foods and the numbers, so it almost seems like most of it is due to inflammation or something that is going on with your arm.

PAULETTE: Great job on winning this game. It is well deserved and I'm so happy for you. I'm hoping we all have a good remainder of the month and keep on losing. I agree with you about the deer. I could never kill one although my husband and boys have all hunted. I grew up "in town" and my dad really wasn't a hunter so I never ate the meat. I think they are beautiful creatures and I watch them in the yard at least a couple of times a week. However, they do a great amount of damage to cars! I have never hit one (yet), but see them running in front of my car almost every morning. They seem to be extremely over populated in our area and we have had friends hit them while riding their motorcycle which is my biggest fear. We try to not ride in the early morning or at "dusk" or evening.

LISA: Your gain should only be temporary. Great job on your hike. Was it easier for you this time? I'm sure you noticed a big difference.

HIMI: Looks like you are on your way back down again. Congrats on the loss.

KATHY: You should be done with your shifts by now. Enjoy your time in Cheyenne and don't eat too much fair food.

CHRISSIE: Hope you are enjoying yourself and doing well with your eating.

JODI: Hopefully, you are settling in with BECKHAM and things are going well. Glad you were pleased with the purchase.

I think the new concept of setting a weight loss goal for the week will be great.
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 19:40

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

CRICKET - Wow, I ALMOST had a moment like you are describing yesterday! With the SA that is. I was at the store buying frigging double chocolate muffins for Ed, because he needed his flipping snacks, and I was seriously looking at the Atkins bars!!!!! But they all have so many carbs, whether SA or not, and I just KNEW that if I bought a box, I would have eaten ALL of them in seconds flat!!!! So I hit Fat Paulette in the head with a rock and sent her back to her cage instead!!!! She was whispering in my ear, saying things like "one will not hurt you". But I KNOW HER BETTER THAN THAT!!! She LIES! I ended up getting a bag of radishes and some Ranch mix to add to our sour cream instead. I had 4 radishes last night with the dip, about 3 Tbl worth. And that total was about 8 carbs. It was more than I normally have, but TA DA! I had a loss this morning!!!! If I would have listened to Fat Paulette, I would have woke up with a gain most likely, and a confession to make. That would have devastated me. I am SO GLAD I came to my senses.

Well, I hope your bagel and Atkins bars don't hurt you too bad. I know how you really want to get a few lbs off!!! Your foods sound so boring and puny. If I tried to eat like you I would die of starvation. I would not be able to do it for very long.

That tumor of yours sounds bad. I hope the new doctor can help you with this. You still have to wait until the end of the month to see him, no?

Have a good night and maybe in the am things will not be as bad as your think.
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 20:22
Registered Member

BF:

BARB.. you are kind.In my eyes, it does not mean anything what I did before.It is what I am going to do NOW. I gave in big time. I made that choice and thought about it.It was not even an impulse.I CAN be happy thatI made these choices though. I WOULD have made a cake for myself..I would have made pancakes and eggs w/ syrup and jam.I WOULD have had tons of sugary tings.. puddings and all. SO, I made choices to have things not good for our plan, but a lot better than my old habits. I learned something at least.
PAULETTE>>you cannot give in.YOU are PERFECT AND MY PERSONAL IDOL!Hope you like heights because you are on a pretty high pedistal! Look.. there will come a time when you are where you want to be that you will begin to add foods etc and your determinations will do you well.
Carl is off tomorrow and he will saddle Cookie for me. I will have a hopefully quiet ride and return to bed.take pain killers and sleep all day.Wake up, take more and sleep the evening away.wake up take more and sellp all night.
You are correct Paulete, the appointment is the 29th.

I am posting the new thread so complete the stats as needed.
HUGS TO YOU BOTH!
  #185   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-15, 20:33
Registered Member

BF:

Closed Thread