Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 23:38

Plan: Low carb almost killed me
Stats: 250/197/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile Meat/Egg fast

Hi everyone. I am doing a meat and egg fast and I am not sure if there is an active link somewhere. If not I was thinking maybe people would join me here. I anyone has a link to an already active post on the meat/egg fast please post it for me

Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 08:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/200.5/142 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi!

I'm doing the eggfast this week as a pre Easter celebration.

I will join you here!

Just had 2 scrambled for breakfast, and lots of egg meals on plan for the week (let's see how my stomach takes it )
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 09:40

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I have a stomach virus so I'm having egg drop soup. I thought you guys might like the recipe since it is good with or without the ickies.

Put 2 cups water on High.
Dissolve bouillon of choice as it is heating. I'm using chicken today.
Once it's dissolved, mix in 2 tsp of fat (butter or bacon fat is good). You could add 2 tsp of hot sauce or some other seasoning you like as well.

When it hits the boil, crack and add 2 eggs, scrambling the devil out of them with a fork.
Remove from heat and let sit 5 min.
It's ready. Then all you need to do is let it cool enough to eat.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 09:56

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'll join as most of my food is animal based.

Yesterdays menu: bacon, eggs, roast beef, head cheese (jellied pork), coffee, cream
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 16:17

BF:

Snirtflirt - you are braver then me lol. I am not a huge egg fan. I will eat it but i have to have something with it.

Jessdamess - I hope you feel better soon and thank you so much for the recipe I will be trying it for sure!

Hellistile - great menu choices

I am looking forward to doing this with others I just had dinner which was chicken with a side of chicken lol One was a chicken breast the other was ground chicken. I had a touch of low carb ketchup, sweetener and mustard mixed in it. It is similar to sloppy joe. When I got on the scale this morning I was down 2.2 pounds since yesterday!! I should point out that I have been stalled for 12 weeks :/ It has been an extremely hard road for me and I really need for this to work. I have no set time for how long I will eat this way. I think I just will until I can't handle it anymore but I am thinking I might stick to it for a while. This thread will be my go to spot anytime I am doing the fast Good luck everyone. I can't wait to hear some awesome results!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 19:49
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphroditeP
Snirtflirt - you are braver then me lol. I am not a huge egg fan. I will eat it but i have to have something with it.

Well, I can tell you after just the first 2 meals today I was bored already.

Dinner was a buffalo omelet, and the hot sauce did seem to break things up a bit.

I have read already that I will likely loathe eggs by day 3 - but it's just a 5 day thing and I think I can manage it. In the longer scheme of things (like August is final goal time) it's not a long time at all to try something.

And actually, it's recommended to continue on the eggs for a couple of meals on days 6&7 too for best odds of maintaining the losses, but we'll see.

Day 7 this week I actually have a planned cheat day for Easter.

If I do live through this and the results are really good, I could see kicking this in once a month just to keep me on my toes.

jessdamess - have you ever put a dash of sesame oil in your eggdrop?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 20:26

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I've done the meat and egg fast in the past and it usually helps me to lose, especially if I am stalled. I may join you the Monday after Easter as we will be traveling this week and it's sometimes harder to stick to if I don't have total control over the food preparation. When I've done this in the past, I've made deviled eggs as my "snack" and still lose fairly well.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 22:22

BF:

I will be making deviled eggs tomorrow. My favorite snack right now is a fried slice of summer sausage with a fried egg on top of it. i brake the yoke so it is not runny. It is really tasty. Today I ate brunch dinner and one snack and I feel so bloated and like I ate all day. I am kind of nervous to get on the scale and was totally surprised to see my ketostix are not registering me in ketosis even though they were yesterday and I have only ate meat and eggs. I am so confused lol I am cooking for Easter and I plan on eating some veggies with it. I am planning on having a low carb meal with veggies maybe once a week to keep my body from stalling on this lol I was thinking my go to might be baby spinach fried in butter.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-15, 07:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by snertflirt

jessdamess - have you ever put a dash of sesame oil in your eggdrop?

No, but I put bacon fat in mine yesterday. And a little bit of shredded cheddar. So delicious!

~AphroditeP- I love deviled eggs. I get to make some this weekend for Easter dinner. Of course, I will keep some home so I will have breakfast and lunch for a few days.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-15, 15:15

BF:

I have the eggs cooked and sitting in water at this very moment I can't get over how nauseated I feel today! I have no intention of going off this fast though
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-15, 04:15
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
I have the eggs cooked and sitting in water at this very moment I can't get over how nauseated I feel today! I have no intention of going off this fast though

I know how you feel.

On and off with the headache - but it's gone for the moment (running to knock on all walls in the house).

Stalled out yesterday, but back down again today!

I think it was the forcing of eating more meals/snacks then I'm used to. That and having to get up a lot earlier than I'm used to for the month.

Today I'm not eating till I'm ready to eat! It was horrid trying to force eggs down so early in the morning and I felt worse after doing it.

Would love to realize it could increase my metabolism to eat earlier and at more intervals, but have not lived like that for a looooonnnngggg time. Used to skipping breakfast, and maybe having a late morning snack.

Brunch on the weekend is the closest I come to breakfast these days. I feel sluggish if I eat too early.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-15, 08:15
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
I am so confused lol I am cooking for Easter and I plan on eating some veggies with it. I am planning on having a low carb meal with veggies maybe once a week to keep my body from stalling on this lol I was thinking my go to might be baby spinach fried in butter.

I have a "cheat" planned for Sunday too - an alcohol cheat.

I could see Monday doing a transition to this all meat and egg thing for next week. But I agree, need a day or two with some kind of vegetable - which will also be happening Sunday.

Anyway, just had the 2 scrambled and REALLY wanted some bacon with it.

I might be on hiatus this weekend, and then back Monday for a new week of meat and eggs. I start exercising next week too so we'll see how it goes.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-15, 10:42

BF:

So being nauseated had nothing to do with the diet. It seems I have a bug :/ I am extremely frustrated to see I gained 0.2 today. I think my body hates me lol. I never eat breakfast I can't do it. I am just making brunch right now at 12:30. I am having 3 strips of bacon two slices of summer sausage and a fried egg. Later I will have some left over chicken thighs. We will see how the day goes. Hope everyone is having a great day Also anyone on MFP can add me. My screen name is AphroditeP75
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-15, 20:08

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi Everyone! I haven't started the meat & egg fast yet, but have been following your posts, preparing for Monday. We're leaving on Friday to visit my in-laws in New Jersey and with traveling and eating out most every meal, I know I would have trouble restricting it to meat and eggs only. I should be able to stay LC for the most part, but instead of a cheat meal for Easter, I'm looking forward to a half of a Jersey sub on Saturday. I'm not a big sandwich or sub eater, but we only get to my in-laws a couple of times a year and there's nothing like a Jersey sub. I wish I could say I have the willpower to not eat one, but I'm not there yet. However, I will be back on LC on Sunday as we will be traveling back home and I will be ready for meat and eggs on Monday.

In the past, I've usually done the meat and egg fast for 3 days out of the week and I can usually lose 4-6 lbs over the 3 days. I'm a little older and have gained and lost so much the past couple of years, I'm hoping it still works for me. Looking forward to this journey with all of you.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-01-15, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: P.L.A.N
Stats: 302/290/253 Male 187
BF:
Progress: 24%

I have been doing the meat and egg fast for a full week but fasting during the day and as much meat and egg as I like in the evenings although interestingly enough Im never hungry enough to pig out. The more I think about the more Im realizing that unless your pushing a wheel barrow all day on a construction site, do we really need 3 meals a day? Considering we can go 14 days without food without any detrimental effects ..
Ive made really good losses and will continue it indefinitely. I guess the diet really is low cal, low carb and high fat (when fried)....sounds perfect to me :-)

Last edited by zoran : Wed, Apr-01-15 at 20:43.