Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-15, 17:08

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Sherri, it is good to see you, and Kathy it is good to hear the little details of the cruise.

Blue, I knew you were going to St.Louis but I didn't know if you would come to Iowa. Where will you be? I am sure you will be busy.

I went back to the kidney doctor today. My creatinine is still 1.1 which it was in April when I had it checked here. Glad to know that the results from the local lab were the same as this one. I will probably not need to go back to that doctor, as much as I like him. He asked me why I was not on a statin, considering how high my LDL is. I told him I was on niacin again and he gave the standard answer: that will help raise your HDL. So we will see.

Our contractor showed up right on schedule this morning, and the material was delivered right on time. So they had a full day without rain today. They will be back on Monday and the weather is supposed to be good all week next week.
Yayyy.

We received an offer on our little house today. It is from a well know wealthy person in town. They came in very low and we countered, they countered with another really low bid, we hope they will come up to our minimum, which is nowhere near what we are asking. But we want to be rid of it. It is cash and they want to close by the end of the month. Hope it will all work out.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband and grandson are going to an overnight campout for two nights. Whoopee, the dogs and I have the house to ourselves.
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-15, 06:21
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Scale is the same. Mildly disappointed.

Susan, good news that your numbers are steady and your condition is not declining!! At least that's how I see it. You hang in there.

Congrats on the house sale. Cash deals are good. No fussy banks to make happy.

We'll be in Keokuk Thursday-Sunday. Jim is from Keokuk and he has brothers who still live there. It's why his sister-in-law's funeral is there. Of course Keokuk is the closest thing to Missouri one can get and still be in Iowa. I've been all over Iowa in times past. Made a point to go to the state fair one year because it was the fair that inspired the musical "State Fair." One of my favorite states. As a kid it was a stop-over or a pass-through on our way to Minnesota on vacation. Sunday we'll head down to St. Charles/St. Peters to meet up with some of my friends. I lived in St. Peters for 30 years as an adult but grew up in Florissant ( suburb of St. Louis). I graduated from the Ferguson-Florissant high school (yes, that Ferguson). Jim lived as adult in northern Missouri in the same congressional district as I lived. We each had to move to North Carolina to meet. Hmmmph. If he had stayed back home I could have found him easier. I do miss the Midwest, my Cards and Rams. The vast fields of corn always made me feel at home.....as long as it's used for fuel and not for syrup. I REALLY miss the big rivers. I grew up on the bluffs of the Missouri and, of course, at the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi. It's river country there and I really miss the barges, river views, and wildlife. The eagles always came to roost over winter. Miss it.

Have to clean the house and get items to pack organized.

Later 'gators.

Last edited by BlueEyes2 : Sat, Jun-06-15 at 06:50.
  #1998   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-15, 07:02
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

Stuck on the same. Have to work on that a little more.

I was going to clean the house yesterday but it got bumped to today. We ended up going out and looking at new appliances. I had commented to Jim that getting a new dishwasher prior to the new floor might be something to consider. He announced yesterday morning that we should do that, so off we went. He had a real estate appointment and then we shopped. So we have a new dishwasher coming besides re-flooring the whole house except the dishwasher was paid for in cash then and there. No added debt!

We got home late afternoon so I decided to use the rest of the day doing my toes and feet. Now I'm all ready for our trip....like anyone is going to notice my toes.
That leaves today to get the house in order. We have a friend stopping in to feed, water, and tend to the cats. Of course I have to clean before we leave!

So that's the latest entry into Blue's Blog.

Later 'gators.
  #1999   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-15, 10:02

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Ah, Blue, it feels so nice when you have a pedicure, whether you do it yourself or have it done. And even if it's only you that notices it, that's important because it makes you feel so good and well-groomed. I had a pedicure yesterday, too, and no one will see it but me.

This afternoon, I will be going to the library to read out loud in Spanish with a friend who is a brasileña. I read really lofty stuff such the Narnia Chronicles and the Treehouse series. Currently, my book is Piratas después del mediodía. Very exciting!!?

Hi to Susan, Kathy, and any lurkers out there.
  #2000   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-15, 19:30

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Well yesterday morning I woke up early even though I wanted to sleep late. I had just fixed my breakfast and was about to eat and figure out what I was going to do for the day. The phone rang and it was the realtor saying they had accepted our last price point. As we were speaking I heard the door open and wondered how the dogs did that. But, it was John, who was supposed to be camping out with the cub scouts. Seems that Friday night he fell and hurt his shoulder so he came home to get it checked. So off to urgent care and x-rays that showed no break. Well that took care of my morning plans to do whatever I wanted to. John went back to the camp out and I spent the afternoon at the college for their summerfest of various art and culture activities.

Last night they had some modern fire dancers and a marching band at the college after dark. So, I didn't get any quilting or housework done. Today I did a little of each and then went to the movie to see San Andreas. Now we have the kids for the afternoon and evening.

They did the crawlspace insulation and started the beams for the the floor on Friday. It is supposed to be good weather for most of the week, yayyy. We will meet with the realtor to sign the agreement. It should all go pretty fast since no loan is involved. another yayyy.

I forgot to say, that when they did the extensive urinalysis at the kidney doc it showed that I have +1 ketones. I can't find out what that indicates, but I do have them. Last visit it showed negative. I seldom measure them at home.
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, Jun-08-15, 07:17

Plan: Keto
Stats: 211.9/194.4/145 Female 67 "
BF:Good question!
Progress: 26%

Yay Susan on your offer being accepted!

Hmmmm, pedicure. Never had one, always wanted one, might have to get one.

So....I am doing a 3 day fat fast starting today. I am really hoping to jump start some weight loss. I go through these phases...this phase is me being tired of the status quo. Coffee with cream and tad of butter, cream cheese and macadamias only. I told Shelton what I'm doing because I was concerned about preparing meals for the next 3 nights for him. He told me not to worry. Today he will eat leftover chicken wings and squash from the weekend and the next 2 days he'll be happy with bacon and eggs. Something easy.

After that, I'll go back to LCHF with 20 grams or less of carbs. Skipping the occasional rice and potato until after I lose a little. I'm able to maintain with it but not lose. I haven't been able to lose anything in 3 1/2 years but I am going to give it my best shot these next few weeks. I have been much more active since the cruise and am hoping that increased activity levels will help. Wish me luck.
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, Jun-08-15, 07:41
It's Only Food!

BF:

We've arrived at the magic number so here is a link to our new digs.

Lab Rats on a Quest 13
Closed Thread