Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-13, 02:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The first few days of any low carb diet can be rough..your body is completely changing its fuel source. Read Dr Eades tips http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...-low-carb-pt-i/. And all the great Newbie Tips here. Be sure you get enough salt, broth is good for that and filling too. After 3-5 days of adjustment, many experience increased energy, and after a few short weeks less joint pain, improved skin, and definitively less bloating. That initial water loss feels great..hang in there. Both Stillman and Dukan present their plans as fast and short-term solutions, and then give different options for how to keep it off after reaching goal.
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 14:22

Plan: Dr. Stillman's Diet
Stats: 159/155.8/135 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 13%

Is anyone still doing Stillman's???
  #228   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 16:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainajh
Is anyone still doing Stillman's???

hello, and welcome to Active Low-Carber Forums

I suspect there are more than a few folks following a Stillman-like program, but who choose to call it something else . And so, they don't post here in this thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear elainajh, please keep posting here. I'm giving serious thought to a few weeks of Dr. Stillman's QWL to (a) heal my gut (years of antibiotics and NSAIDs) and (b) weight loss . I'm sure that other Stillmaners will surface, eventually.

#229   ^
Old Sun, Jun-21-15, 04:01

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Now years beyond the one time I lost weight with four weeks on Stillman, it was impossible to stick to a second time. I was cold, maybe too low calorie, and just didn't do well without vegetables and some fats, even getting a cold and I had not been sick before or after regular LC. High protein without fats and carbs may be a quick fix in pounds, but I think the way the weight is lost is less healthy. Where I keep what muscle I have left and feel strong at 64 with LC and IF, after Stillman it was more "flabby". I even ate a more liberal Dukan version in 2012, but don't plan at this point trying 'second time around'. For a few weeks though, give it another try and share the results.
  #230   ^
Old Sun, Jun-21-15, 08:31
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Stillman was my first exposure to low carb eating way back in the 60's before Atkins came on the scene. It worked wonderfully for me. I prefer ketogenic eating with fat but I think it's always good to change things up now and then.
  #231   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-15, 16:29

BF:

I started last week Stillmans QWL I'm down about 4lbs after 3 days of doing it? However I do Billy Blanks Bootcamp 45mins 4-5 times a week as well. It tones my arms and legs pretty good, I have been doing it on and off for about 10 years it's my fav work out... Also I was reading he does not like for people to work out too hard. He even mentions jogging is too strenuous in his "Inches Off" book. I am going to disregard this advice as I don't want to get "flabby".
  #232   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-15, 16:40

BF:

I also have done this diet about two years back. I lost a quick seven pounds but never stayed on it long enough due to Christmas and my family staying at my house! We are Italian and big pasta eaters!!! So I do have a little experience with this diet. Last summer I went from 150-135lbs (April-July) However I ate protein and veggies. I also worked out. However it seems every time I go back to work (teacher) I gain 10lbs again. It's like a never ending cycle!
  #233   ^
Old Wed, Jun-24-15, 09:50
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I've learned that this is a never ending journey. There are no starts and stops. It's what it is but it can be done and enjoyed! Good luck!
  #234   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-19, 04:55

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:

I’ve started a new thread if anyone is interested https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483328