Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 14:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/143.5/135 Female 5"4"
BF:
Progress:
Default 1st post & I could use some input, please!

I've been on Atkins since the beginning of my weight loss journey and have lost 50+ pounds. I haven't given up, but I need to find something different. Lately, I've hit a major stall and been losing at the rate of two pounds a month. And I can't help wondering if that's water because my clothes feel no different. I read the CAD book and it sounds interesting and doable, but I'm nervous to make the change.

Tell me about your successes in changing from another WOE to CAD. I know I may gain initially and that's ok, I'd just like to see the scale move down a little quicker. I'd love to be at least close to goal by the summer months.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 14:51

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Cool

You're within 10 pounds of your goal!! Dr. Atkins says the last few pounds come off slowly. I've just recently switched to CALP. Partly because I wasn't losing very fast on Atkins, and partly to be able to eat some things in restaurants I hadn't had for a while. cmnLisa has had good results with Atkins/CALP. She doesn't have a journal yet, but you can find her on the Master of My Domain thread in Buddies/Challenges forum. She does have My P.L.A.N. so you can check out her menus. I haven't been as close to goal as you in a good 10 years, so I can't help much. Good luck.

I did begin losing again when I switched to CALP. If you've read the book, perhaps it's because I was getting a few more carbs during the day, and was still releasing too much insulin. Or eating too frequently, which is appropriate for Atkins. Since I'm keeping my day carbs really, really low and only having heavy carbs during the "Golden Hour", and only two meals, one snack, maybe my insulin is backing down and allowing some of this poor captured fat to escape!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 14:59

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome to the CAD/CALP Board, Krysti

I really don't have anything to add about going from atkins to CAD since CAD is what I started out with Just be sure to do your weekly averages of your weight so you don't worry about daily flucations

Its great to see this forum so busy. I hope you stick around!

#4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 20:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/143.5/135 Female 5"4"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks to both of you! I've decided that I'm starting tomorrow, so I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 13:09

Plan: CALP
Stats: 16/14/10 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi, krysti-
all of us have loved this diet because it can become so indivualized- be sure to take the quiz to see how addicted to carbs you are. I am 0-10 addicted, meaning something even tasting sweet (but not sugar or calories) will make me want to go bezerk. The reason you might gain some weight at first is because you'll need to tweek the diet to your individual system. Certain things may be safe, but other may make you crave. There's no "induction" period, so you just jump back on if you fall off. I personally love this diet because I know I don't really have to deprive myself of ANYTHING- I can have ice cream or bread everyday, if I choose. Just keep posting and keeping your RM balanced- we'll help you along the way! Congratulations on finding "the best" diet in the world- at least I think.
Edy
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 04:53

Plan: CALP
Stats: 190/159/128 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Hello

Health and happiness.
Windsong