Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 07:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I'm back from my week with DD. I love CALP!!! I am exactly the weight I was when I left. YAY! I had a cheese omelet with 2 eggs and 1/2 avocado and black coffee for CM breakfast daily,
grilled chicken or steak and salad for CM lunch, and dinner was whatever. I ate a lot less bread and wheat than usual- and had no problem with that. I realized I have bread for RM carb a lot at home. Hummmmm.
I also walked for at least an hour a day, which was good. The best part was being with my DD.

ANyway, jsut had 2 eggs with cream cheese and black coffee for breakfast, and now have too much to do in one day!

Glad to see everyone posting- it really is noce.

I agree with Pat, Melodyrose. If your DH is serious about doing this the food logs is good. If it's easier he can also take a picture with his cell phone of everything he eats before he eats it, and then you and he can look at it daily. The issue is that you do not want to be his diet police. Did he read the book?
Good luck and please keep us posted.
later-
E
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 09:00

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Welcome back Eno! I do think it interesting that it was on my 2+ week vacation cross-country this past Summer that I broke a barrier to get to a new lower weight 'decade'. I did better apparently on vacation that I do at home!

It means..I haz the knowledege..now to always apply (and I was getting in a lot of daily walking..hmmm!)
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 09:05

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thank you everyone for the advice. I hope he really wants this but I admit a lot of this has been me wanting it and not him. I mean I feel he deep down wants it but he has hit rock bottom so it's hard to Pull yourself out which is why I am trying to help him. Being over 400 starts to really affect quality of life for him- and let's just say that our marriage takes a huge blow from that.

Checking in today- I am thrilled- I lost 2 lbs last night! I am 245.6 today woo hoo! Total lost is 18.2 in just over a month. My goal is to be 243.8 by feb 1st and now I know that I will definitely get there! About 120 lbs left to ultimate goal

Today's rm is not the healthiest it's Friday Haha. A banana, glass of whole milk, protein bar, cheesy bread and a cupcake. I will have a big salad for my second meal. I don't have much at the house so tonight we will grocery shop. I'm going to get stuff to have a lot healthier rms. I want to make a green smoothie every day before I eat my eggs and toast. Anyway it should be a great day!!
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 14:40

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Thank you everyone for the advice. I hope he really wants this but I admit a lot of this has been me wanting it and not him. I mean I feel he deep down wants it but he has hit rock bottom so it's hard to Pull yourself out which is why I am trying to help him. Being over 400 starts to really affect quality of life for him- and let's just say that our marriage takes a huge blow from that.

Checking in today- I am thrilled- I lost 2 lbs last night! I am 245.6 today woo hoo! Total lost is 18.2 in just over a month. My goal is to be 243.8 by feb 1st and now I know that I will definitely get there! About 120 lbs left to ultimate goal

Congrats on the new low!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

I think it's going to be up to your husband whether or not he's "all in" on this diet. This would be the first big step.
And when he sees you losing every week, he will eventually come around. He will start wanting it for himself. If he's at rock bottom now, the only way left is up!
I feel for you. My sister is around 400 lb herself. She came to visit us this past Christmas and it just really hit home how the weight is effecting her mobility and want to do any activities. She literally left my house only twice during her 10 days with us. I'm sure she is so tired and irritated with all of the disapproving looks and stares she gets from people when she goes out in public. She's tried and failed at many diets. I think she's just given up on diets altogether. Maybe when she sees me losing weight without deprivation and relative ease, she'll want to try to get healthy again.
We can only set the example and hope they will follow.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 14:55

Another pound down!!! I can't believe it! Weight loss has been such a struggle before and now I seem to be dropping down fairly quickly.
It will be interesting to pin point exactly which tactic is helping me lose this time around. Is it the transition to the Big Breakfast for my RM or maybe the extra coconut oil or eating plenty calories at breakfast (I can't help but make the association between my recent addition of daily milkshakes and the coinciding, consecutive weight loss these past 3 days).
Unfortunately, my schedule got a bit mixed up today. I had some company come by unexpectedly this morning so I decided to put off my RM until lunch.

B - 2 fried eggs with ham slices and swiss cheese melted on top (sooooo good, my new fav!), 1 chai tea and 1 coffee with cream & stevia
L - 1 orange, a big plate of fried rice in coconut oil with eggs chicken and lots of veg, and 1 date milkshake
D - will probably be a hamburger patty with cheese

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-13, 00:04

BF:

Awesome Blenders!!!! Congrats on another pound down! I had a great day- rm in the am, then tuna for lunch and a salad for dinner. Bad news though- hubby is done. He has given up. I tried to convince him to try but he's over it. I asked and found out his meal for lunch (reward meal). 1 Big Mac, 2 new onion burgers, largest order of the chicken nuggets, large fry and huge coke. Apparently that's a pretty typical meal. It's starting to make sense...
Well I will check in tomorrow. I'm hoping to maintain since I have lost 3 lbs in the last 3 days or so
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-13, 21:50

BF:

Alright, checking back Hubby decided to not quit after all- I guess it's grown on him more than he'd care to admit. I am trying to convince him to write everything down.

Maintained at 245.6 the last 3 days YAY! But that was my goal so I am excited. Now that I've maintained for a few days I hope to drop some more this next week. I would like to hit my goal of 243 (down total 20 lbs) by the end of the month but I am really optimistic that this is possible as I've been losing 2.5-3 lbs a week. It will be so nice to get back in to the 230's again- haven't been there in a year. I'm getting so excited for the upcoming months! This diet rocks!

RM today was a delicious Sunday brunch. Eggs, biscuits, green juice, and hashbrowns. Had a cake truffle with a small glass of milk for dessert. Dinner was 3 eggs and half a tomato. Also hoping to start exercise this week! Just not sure yet what I am willing to commit to lol!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 06:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
nice to hear that the breakfast RM is working for you, Melodyrose! And I hope your DH decides to make a change for his health and wellbeing. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch him hurt himself.
After almost 10 years on CALP, my DH has lost 4 lbs this past year just by eating less snacks than usual. I have stopped buying most of the stuff he snacked on- so he has to buy it- and he has not bought it that often.

Had a great weekend- gorgeous weather here- made a pot roast last night with muchrooms and peppers. Have enough for tomorrow too. Served it with mashed cauliflower. YUM.

Went to a friends yesterday and she served a big brunch spread- I had egg salad, smoked salmon and cream cheese. I was lusting after a bagel- so my planned RM today will be salad, eggs, 1/2 bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon and onion.

later-
E
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 12:02

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
Alright, checking back Hubby decided to not quit after all- I guess it's grown on him more than he'd care to admit. I am trying to convince him to write everything down...I

melodyrose, Have you seen: "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead"? That is a great documentary about 2 guys that were 350-450lbs that got healthy and lost a bunch of weight juicing. They eventually kick over back to eating regular healthy foods but it is sooooooo inspiring.

My hubby and I actually did juicing for awhile but I could tell it wasn't something I could do for life. He stuck with it longer but when I came back to CAD/CALP I now know this is for life and a real WOE that is not a gimmick nor something to just go off of when I reach goal.

The point is to see the damage we do to the body with the food choices we make, the food combinations, and the time of day we eat. CAD/CALP isn't so much about the food or calories, but about the carbs and insulin. If you can keep that in check and manipulate your metabolism to your benefit it all falls into place!

Good luck :0

MIW
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 12:03

BF:

This last couple of weeks: we got a baby sitter for the first time in a VERY long time! We have gone out 5 times ever in the last almost 9 years so it is a big deal for us. That night the RM time ended up being spread over 2 hours which couldn't be helped due to issues at the place we started out at and had to go some where else for dinner. We still had a good time and considering that was the first ever slip up for me I am not getting worried.

Then, also, I have a rabbitry with the rarest breed of rabbits in the US: The American Chinchilla Rabbit. So, from time to time I do tours of my rabbitry and I brough together a gathering of 5 different rabbitries and someone wanting to start up their own in June so that was a big deal for me as well. Had to spend a lot more extra time out at the barn and also coincided with the usual routine barn chores, grooming of my herd, and also time again to shear my indoor angroa bunnies so I was all about rabbits for a couple of minutes, LOL

Then also, since I am a nurse and it is the sick time of the year, we have been super busy at work and I have also picked up a couple of extra shifts here and there, one being a night shift so that will be nice on paydays but stressful and not leaving much time for puter niceties.

Somewhere during all this I have kind of forgotten to be taking my daily GTF chromium. Not sure if it has been the added stress, the one time slip up, the reduction in GTF chromium or a combo of them all but I am up 0.6 lbs from last week. I was actually thinking I would be up 2 lbs so I am super happy it is only that amount. My weights were at an all time low of bouncing 221-222 and then this last week 222-223 a lot. Still-very happy to be doing the daily wt then averaging or I would really be biting my nails "assuming" I was up 2 pounds!

Hope everyone has a happy Monday. I wish I had more time to post meals but for those who do thank you so much as I really do like seeing the CM's and RM's!

MIW
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 20:31

BF:

Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement! It is greatly appreciated!! He seems to have gotten new motivation because today he had a big taco salad for lunch with fruit and 2 small cookies- a huge change from his typical free meals. He does his RM at lunch and I do mine at bfast.
I was up today by .6 but that's a pretty normal fluctuation for me. I notice I lose my weight in stair steps. I will maintain for up to a week and then drop again, and so on.
The hubby and I worked out today- we did latin dancing together for 30 minutes. It was fun and the time flew by. For big people we can really shake it plus it was kind of romantic which we have been lacking a lil.
RM was the same as yesterday, a nice breakfast. Tomorrow my plan is chicken tortilla soup with cilantro, lime, and avocado and a few chips. Always with a glass of green juice I have been craving licorice badly so I got a snack pack to have tomorrow. Tonight we are having turkey burgers covered with a fried egg, a lil cheese, and sauteed mushrooms. I can smell it cooking and it smells GOOOOOOOD.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 11:43

BF:

Mon and Tue wt holding at 222. I ate A LOT yesterday so I was surprised:

B CM- 3 pc bacon 2 eggs bowl of cooked cabbage

snack- iced decaf americano with cream and cinnamon

L CM- double quarter pounder with cheese (no bun) classic grilled chicken (no bun) another iced decaf americano with cream

RM- big plate of jumbo prawns, small lobster tail dipped in butter, lemon, garlic and also some cocktail sauce. HUGE salad with ranch, 2 slices of pound cake, 1 cup ice cream, a kit kat bar and 1/2 a hershey's bar with almonds.

Today, not as hungry... LOL

B CM- 1 pc bacon and 1/2 egg, iced decaf americano with cream and cinnamon

L- probably a large salad with cheese and whatever meat I've got around

RM- tonight we will be out in town and will probably go to our favorite Vietnamese/Pho place that also is a NO MSG restaraunt!

MIW
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 15:29
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
mu planned RM last night was great! Really enjoyed it.
Tonight is leftover pot roast with mushrooms. I'll have mine with the rest of the cauliflower. Dh will have rice. Not sure about carb yet.

I'm going to make a big pot of cabbage soup tomorrow- will be RM maybe for the next 2-3 days. DH is out of town for the weekend so I am on my own. I love soup- more like a strew- so I'll see.
E
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 15:31

BF:

makeitwork- lobster tail and prawns- you're killin me over here!! lol! YUM

Back down to 245.6 today- so ready to drop a little more! I am skipping a CM today so hopefully that will help
RM for bfast ended up being chicken tortilla soup with cilantro, cheese, and lime with a few chips, green juice, a few grapes, a yogurt, and a handful of peanut mandms and a couple pieces of licorice. Not having lunch, dinner is going to be Outback steakhouse- a salad, grilled salmon, and a skewer of 4 grilled shrimp.
Working out today again with the hubby- latin dancing.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
I wish I had more time to post meals but for those who do thank you so much as I really do like seeing the CM's and RM's!
MIW

I really enjoy reading everyone's food log too!

I've had an off couple days. Hubby and I worked really hard this weekend to do an early spring cleaning of our house. I spent lots of time going up and down our stairs putting all the kids toys permanent upstairs in their room instead of fighting a constant losing battle dealing with their mess all over the family room floor. Ahhhh, it feels good to have a clean home again!
I was thoroughly exhausted at the end of each day. The first day I only had a glass of wine for dinner (I wasn't at all interested hubby's tri tip). The second day was another glass of wine and a hamburger patty with cheese. Other than my big breakfast, I didn't eat much else during the cleaning frenzy. Even though I had the wine outside my RM, I still expected to burn a bunch of calories and see the scale move but it didn't.
This morning, I was feeling very nauseous and run down so I postponed my RM. I drank a cup of fennel tea which helped a lot with my queasiness and was able to eat a nice RM for lunch.

B - fennel tea
L - leftover donuts that I used as the bread for some french toast (yum!), hashbrowns with butter/coconut oil, 1 orange, 1 glass fermented apple juice (using my water kefir grains)
D - still not sure, not very hungry. probably some more fennel tea or if I get hungry, some tuna, mayo, and celery

Eno, I can't stop thinking about eating a bagel now since you mentioned it. It's going on my grocery list! A bagel with lox and cream cheese is my fav!
Closed Thread