Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/195.5/130
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Schwarzbein Principle

Hi all!

I have a very supportive doctor who was the one to recommend low carbing and I know I'm pretty lucky to have one who does. I just got a hand out in the mail suggesting the Schwarzbein plan, anyone out there that can give me insight about how well this one works, and a general overview without running out to by the book? I just finished reading Atkins and most of PP and really can't justify buying another one for the collection. I also have Carb Addicts. Is it anything like this?

TIA--Eleanor
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 09:05
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Eleanor

You can read reviews of various low carb plans at our Low Carb Comparisions page. Check it out here. The reviews have been submitted by our members, and outline program basics and other info from the books.

Hope you find what you're looking for

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 09:08

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Eleanor, Schwarzbein is discussed under "Which Plan is right for me ?" You can view a synopsis and see a typical menu. Her plan is quite different from Atkins, but more similar to PP's maintenance or the PPLP (lifeplan) Phase II; more carbs, carbs based on activity level etc. She's considered to be somewhat of a purist, but she's got some great ideas and insights (specially for women). I suggest taking a look under the Journal section at both YogaBuff and LisaF's daily routines; they are both following this plan quite successfully.

As for getting the book, don't forget the public library. I'm reading her now and that's where I picked up my copy. If you *really* want your own copy some day check out this site: www.half.com they have books for a little as .75 cents!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/195.5/130
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Sch.Plan

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll save it for a treat in a couple of weeks. I still have another week of induction, but I think I'm going to try for two...it would get me through the BIG day and then I won't have any excuses to "fudge" just a little bit, much easier than starting some new til then. I think my sweet tooth is almost under control so there is no use in changing what I'm doing. You guys are a big help! Thanks again--El
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-16-09, 12:27

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 250/223/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I can't find LisaF's daily routines in the journals, i can look again, but if you can, can you post a link to it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Eleanor, Schwarzbein is discussed under "Which Plan is right for me ?" You can view a synopsis and see a typical menu. Her plan is quite different from Atkins, but more similar to PP's maintenance or the PPLP (lifeplan) Phase II; more carbs, carbs based on activity level etc. She's considered to be somewhat of a purist, but she's got some great ideas and insights (specially for women). I suggest taking a look under the Journal section at both YogaBuff and LisaF's daily routines; they are both following this plan quite successfully.

As for getting the book, don't forget the public library. I'm reading her now and that's where I picked up my copy. If you *really* want your own copy some day check out this site: www.half.com they have books for a little as .75 cents!

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-16-09, 12:44

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 250/223/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

nevermind, I found it.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 01:26

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

I'm also following Schwarzbein and doing fine. Pop into my journal if you want to chat about how to do it - well, I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I am convinced by her approach.

amanda