Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 08:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Talking Anyone tried eat stop eat mixed with the warrior diet

I just bough both books and am quit amazed.

Long forgotten art of fasting combined with light eating during the day and eating at night.

I must admit that reading both books got me confused, but it also got me thinking a lot.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks now, true trial and errors i must say that the first benefits i notice was not weight loss but more of a feeling healthier feeling, less hungry and less of a slave to food.

Eat stop eat is quit simple, you fast 24h 2 days a week and you eat normal for the rest of the 5 days of course keeping your calories in check. So one day you choose to start your fast at 2pm you dont eat before 2pm the next day, you can also stop eating at 6pm and continue this way until 6pm the next day.

Fasting as so many benefits on the body, actually clearing up your digestive system and giving it a rest, instead of force feeding it 6 times per day which for me i have always tough this to be ridiculous. This way you feel less fatigue and can get on with your day bright and shine.

The warrior diet encourages you to eat light all day, mainly veggies and some fruits during the day, plenty of water to cleanse the body all day and at night you can eat a big meal. Protein carbs and fat can all be assimilated in one sitting.

I consulted my doctor about this diet and was very surprise that he told me he practice fasting a few times per week himself, he as been aware of the benefits of fasting for a very long time, and he also told me that you don't need that much protein and to much can be harmful, yeah yeah studies say that if you have healthy kidneys it does not matter how much protein you eat but that is all bull anyways, protein is hard on the digestive system, and since i have been following both diet i have renewed energy, and feel great.

The warrior diet will try to sell supplements after all its a big market, but you don't need any supplements plain food will do the trick all the time.

Another book written by Brad Pilon the guy who wrote eat stop eat is how much protein do you really need lots of studies real one and depending on your weight people will need between 70-120g a day.

So far so good on this diet, my pants feel looser already and i feel great.
Sponsored Links