Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 09:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

bed and bath carry's sonow cone makers- meijers does- walmart does. sue
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 09:46

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:yep
Progress: 58%

I use Sugar free chocolate, kahlua, vanilla hazel nut and coconut for my sno cones. Not your typical sno cone but very tasty
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 11:39

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Every summer when I would visit my dad's family I would always get a coconut flavored snowcone (spearmint was also a fav). So haileydog, I don't think it's too weird!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 13:04

Plan: My Plan!
Stats: 241/189/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I love my Hawaiice shaved ice machine! The shaved ice is very fine, kind of like snow.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 18:54
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

I am SO going to Wal-Mart tomorrow for one of these machines. This is the perfect treat! Thank you all for the flavor tips!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/South Beach combo
Stats: 138/124!/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I thought the snow cone machine was a fabulous idea too, so I went out and bought one at Wally World, along with the sugar free cherry and sugar free blue raspberry. I still think the machine is a great idea, but those syrups are just nnnnnnaaaaaassty! Seriously, if you love the intense flavor of aspartame, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the Torani and Davinci syrups. They are FAR superior and the flavor selection is much greater. I tasted the Torani Black Cherry and Strawberry syrups right after the Wal-mart ones. Seriously, not even a contest. Enjoy your snow cones!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 21:03

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Have you thought about your favorite diet soda???? Doesn't diet rite have nice flavor soda? Also, the de vinci syrups are nice! I don't know about sugar free koolaide! Has anyone tried that???
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 02:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/277/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I stopped by the local snow cone stand to treat my BFs daughter who is staying for the summer. She had a sign up that said she had almost all of her flavors available sweetened with splenda. I spoke with the lady. Her flavor consentrates are sugar free. She keeps the regular sugar sweetened flavors made up in bottles. For the splenda sweetened varieties she makes them up as ordered. She takes a small amount of the concentrate and adds splenda sweetned water from a water container. She mixes it in a small cup and uses that to make the snow cone. I won't do it often but it was a nice treat.

Also I have the snow cone machine from pampered chef. I haven't used it in years. I'll have to get it down!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-05, 12:04

Stats: 175/170/145 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the info! I ran out at lunch today to Wal-Mart and picked up my snow cone machine and then went to World Market and got Torani's Strawberry and Watermelon syrups.

Torani's is just like DaVinci's. It's also sweetened with Splenda. World Market sells them for $5.99 so it's cheaper than DaVinci's and a nice savings over having to mail order DaVinci's and having to pay shipping charges! I think I'll also try some of the Diet Rite fruity flavors as well. Thanks!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 07:05

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

I LOVE the Torani SF syrups on the crushed ice. However, the Watermelon is a bit to "melony" for me.

Lately, I've just been using Diet Pepsi w/Lime and pouring that over the crushed ice. It's a GREAT summer treat ! My dog even likes it !
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 11:22
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I'm curious, Can you use soda in the machines? I have been wanting Coke or Mountain Dew Sluppies but diet of course
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-14-05, 11:28

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

Lessara:
The one I have is strictly an ice crushing machine. You just put in the ice, turn it on, and the ice comes out in a container all crushed up like a snowcone would be.

Then, I just put the mushed up ice in a cup and pour over whatever...........HOWEVER, my nephew got a machine for Xmas that you actually put in the ice and the liquid and you turn a crank thing and a slushee/slurpee type thing comes out but you can't use anything diet. It has to have sugar in it for the chemical reaction that takes place.

When he first got it I tried using diet cherry pepsi and it never froze no matter how long I cranked it, then I had the bright idea to maybe read the directions........and it said that no "diet" stuff could be used !
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 09:38

Plan: LowCarb/Carnivo/Intermit
Stats: 365/279.8/190 Male 6 foot
BF:
Progress: 49%
Question Torani Sugar free or DaVinci Sugar Free

Torani Sugar free or DaVinci Sugar Free

Where can I buy these?

and will these work for Sugar Replacements in Recipes?

How can you find Liquid Splenda?

I heard a rumor that some liquid splenda online is NOT the real stuff it or it is packets with water added... I want the pure splenda so I can make sure I don't get any carbs from the filler in the packets.

What is the DaVinci Sugar Free Simple Syrup? is it like the Splenda Sweetener with nothing else?

thanks,
Nathan

Last edited by nsnd : Wed, Dec-14-05 at 09:45.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 10:40
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

www.netrition.com

http://www.davincigourmet.com/

netrition is slightly cheaper usually, but I have had a problem recently with them shipping in winter. Davincigourmet has more flavours and is cheaper when you can hit a sell.

Simple syrup is unflavoured. Real simple syrup is used as the base for cooking liquers and so forth and is really just sugar boiled into water until it is uniform liquid consistancy.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 11:46

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

I normally order mine from Netrition as well (LadyBelle thanks for the freezing bottles heads up by the way!).

I've also bought them from Marshalls and TJ Maxx.