Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/212.5/125 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default ephedrine-free

I have been reading the posts about ephedrine. I was wondering if the thermogenic products without it workand if you might tell me your experiences. I was in a long stall and just recently started loosing again. Do these suppliments help in this area. How long and when should you take them? Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 13:52
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

No they don't, they're just a waste of money. I've tried 3-4 of them with terrible results. Ephedrine is just the best thing going. Stock up while you can.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 18:51

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Tight by SAN is the best of the bunch. I've been seeing results with it, but it is nothing like Ephedrine.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 12:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/212.5/125 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for answering. Trainer Dan, could you give me advice on ephedrine and how to use it?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 21:39

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Since the ban has not yet taken effect in most states, you can still get an ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack at places like bodybuilding . com. They will also have articles and such about how to use assorted ephedrine or non-ephedrine products.

Cheers,

Friday
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Basically, you start off low (10mg E alkaloid per day), then according to your tolerance, ramp up. I never exceed 40mg per day personally, and don't take it after 2:00 so my sleep habit won't be affected.

I tried Tight, and it didn't do squat. In fact the last straw came when the SAN website recommended stacking it with Ephedrine I mean, what the hell do I need Tight for then?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 08:18

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
I mean, what the hell do I need Tight for then?

Well, you could maximize your fat loss efforts by using all of the pathways since each of them assist with fat loss in a different way. Maybe it was designed with that in mind ...

I like to use it when I am off ECA since it still has fat loss properties.

I'm getting tighter. I like it.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 12:53

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/130/120 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 44%

I take metabolife and love it but it is the one with ephdrine in it. I'm almost out but i found pure ephdrine on bodybuilding.com. How should i take it. I've never taken it this way and i was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a high tolerance to stims and work out four days a week doing classes like bootcamp and kickboxing. Thought that info may be needed to answer my question. Could someone help me? Thanks
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 13:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 232/162/162 Male 69 inches
BF:30%/13%/11%
Progress: 100%

Ephedrine-free Xenadrine EFX works great! I'm just concerned about any long term side effects.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 18:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%
Question Zantrex-3

Has anyone tried Zantrax-3 or heard of anyone who has? Does it work? I hear it's the new "IT" fat burner supplement on the West coast. It doesn't have ephedra. Here's what is claims:

Ephedra Free! New Fast Acting Super-Pill Provides 546% More Weight Loss Than "America's #1 Selling Ephedra-Based Diet Pill". You.re not obese... you just need to lose a quick 10 or 15 pounds... and you want energy... plenty of energy. Well, forget about America.s #1 selling ephedra-based diet pill or any of its ephedrine-based cousins. Now there.s something new... something far beyond ephedrine... a new kind of high-energy diet pill so powerful you won.t find it in any Wal-Mart next to some .Flintrock. vitamin for kiddies. It.s called Zantrex-3. and if you.re finally ready for a Super-Energy Power Pill with a kick if you.re ready to handle all life has to offer and more Zantrex-3. is as close to a sure thing as you'll ever find.

Now let.s talk about weight loss... in a direct comparison of two completely independent published clinical trials 1, 2, the active weight loss compound contained in the complex Zantrex-3. formula was shown to produce 546% more weight loss (over and above placebo, of course) than America.s so-called #1 selling ephedra- based diet pill... Don't believe it?

No diet or energy pill anywhere gives you the super xanthine-based, Zantrex-3 formula. No diet or energy pill anywhere gives you continuous, sustained energy to jumpstart your day or take you all through the night. We're talking about enough energy to tackle anything life throws at you.