Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 07:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Yesterday was good - I was around smokers and didn't give in. It seems like the cravings are coming less often now - but they are still quite intense.
I signed up for dive certification classes yesterday - if there is one place you absolutely, positively can't smoke or be around smokers it would have to be underwater!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Way to go Atriana! And I'm sure you'll love diving. But don't bet on divers not smoking, you may be surprised. I know a diver who smokes in between dives.

Wa'il
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 08:02

BF:
Default Day 11

Yesterday was good. Only used 2 pieces of nicotine gum all day. Starting to feel more hopeful that this will be my final quit.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:19

BF:
Default Day 12

Not much new to report. Still surprised by the intensity of the cravings, although they are not as frequent.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 09:15

BF:
Default Day 14

Well, it will be a full 2 weeks tonight. This morning I actually woke up wanting to smoke - when will this get better?! Rather than suffer all day, I put one of those tiny 7mg patches (Step 3) on. It seems to help, I don't know if it is psychological or what. It ionly deliveres about the amount of nicotine in 2 cigarettes spread over 24 hours, so I would tend to think it is more psychological than physiological. Anyway, I am off to school.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:56

BF:
Default Day 15

Been super hungry today. Thinking about going back to induction levels for a week or so - I have got to get this hunger turned off. Cravings are still bad - I don't want to smoke but I don't want to spend the rest of my life miserable either. Suggestions? Inspiration? Anyone?
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:20

BF:
Default Day 16

Gee, am I the only struggling quitter in the Kick Nicotine Club?
Where is everyone?
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 06:21

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

Best choice of your life... The pound gain is nothing compared to the gain in health and cash!!!!!! You will smell good, feel good, feel sexier, love yourself more, run further, breath better, taste better food . AN OVERALL FEELING OF GREATNESS!!!! Keep it up and suck on a straw....I smoked for 25 years, loved it and today 4 years later, I can't be anywhere close to a smoker....just the smell makes me ill. That will be you soon.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 09:26

BF:

Thanks MissElly!
Do you remember how long it took before the Nicodemon didn't try to haunt you day and night? I just would like to feel more like myself!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 15:29

BF:

A few months ago i walked all over the house and when the kids asked what I was looking for I looked at them and said....."i don't know.....my smokes, but I don't smoke" So does it ever leave us.....yes....but treat yourself, i went out and bot a new fishing rod with my extra doe!!!!!!! Have a fun weedless weekend....
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 15:35

BF:
Cool

i just noticed you are at day 16....THAT IS WONDERFUL

YOU ARE WEEDLESS WINNER KID....

You're there......and you will be bragging to us on Monday....DO NOT TOUCH A SMOKE.... A little puff is NOT what your body wants.... That craving is the lung cancer devil trying to convice you that you want him to be at your pink lung party...HE IS NOT INVITED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 09:04

BF:
Default Day 18

Thanks Misselly! I like that phrase, "Weedless Winner", I think that will be my mantra for a couple of days at least.
Tomorrow should be a lot easier - I am doing volunteer stuff at an Indoor Rowing event. Florida Institute of Technology's huge gym, filled with high school and college crew teams. Young, healthy, non smoking people everywhere.
I noticed the other day that most of my friends smoke. Do you think that smokers automatically align themselves with other smokers, or is it something in the personality that makes us smoke and it is the personality thing we align with?
Inquiring minds want to know, LOL.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:57

BF:

i hate to say this darling... the only people that can stand standing around smokers is other smokers.... i wouldn't say that to you if you were a smoker, but i can now because you are a
WEEDLESS WINNER

Keep it up, I mean out.....

Elly
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 17:30

BF:
Default Day 25

Well, it hasn't been a good day. The smoking ex came by to get their stuff today. Of course they didn't get ALL their stuff - that way we can have all this fun at least one more time. I've been bad - I bummed a couple of cigarettes from them. No, they didn't help a thing. No, I didn't even cough and sputter. It was terrible - it was like I never ever quit. I think somehow I would have felt better if I would have at least thought it was gross, or coughed, something to show at least my body was changing even if my junkie-addicted-mind still seeks comfort there.
All in all it isn't all that bad - my little gadget thing tells me that I havent smoked 960 cigarettes. At least that is something.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 08:09

Plan: Atkins (again)
Stats: 160/158/137
BF:
Progress: 9%
Lightbulb smoking and staying slim

I'm at about day 15....but smoked about 4 ciggarettes over the weekend. My husband smokes and I'm trying to make a lot of changes....but quitting ciggarettes is central. They suck! They stink, they hurt you (bottom line)...and if you really, really want to hurt yourself, there are more fun ways.

I think - for me - it has something to do with depression/discouragement....which are both killers.

Make sure you do something fun (at least try) every day....if not fun, at least peaceful and quiet and without stress.

It's not easy, but keep trying.

k.