Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 13:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/227/150 Female 5'5''
BF:
Progress: 5%

Someone please explain to me how I could be in ketosis for at least 3 weeks and I have lost 3 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I started August 20. I lost the 3lbs in the first week and that was it. I have been so good and I don't want to give up but it is very hard to stay with it. please someone help me understand.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 14:54
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Boola 1 your body will try to hold the fat cells you have emptied by filling them with water. It is the bodies way of protecting it self from losing weight. When your body decides it doesn't need those fat cells, wooosh, you will pee a lot one day and the weight will drop sharply. Thats the basics, hope it helps...Bru
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 14:57
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boola1
Someone please explain to me how I could be in ketosis for at least 3 weeks and I have lost 3 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I started August 20. I lost the 3lbs in the first week and that was it. I have been so good and I don't want to give up but it is very hard to stay with it. please someone help me understand.
You can be in ketosis and not lose weight if you eat more food than your body requires. Also, it's possible that you are eating more carbs than your body can handle. Some of us have very low CCLL numbers.

Do you use a tracking program, like My P.L.A.N. or Fitday, to keep track of how much you eat every day? Do you weigh your foods so you know exactly how much you eat? Do you sabotage your success by going off plan on weekends? Your age and activity level can play a large part in how fast you lose, too.

Why not list one of your menus for a typical day? That will allow us to help you more easily.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-08, 11:59

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknamy97
test strip will also turn purple when your body is buring up a fatty meal. The strips have now way to differentiate between fat you've eaten..and ketones your liver has produced from your body fat.

That is exactly what I found when I added 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil to my day.....I was dark purple, but gained 4 lbs that week!!! Yikes!! Too many calories!

So ditch the sticks....you don't need them!