Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 01:14

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lol..i at first thought it was a mayonaisse diet too..lol
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 03:08
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

you think thats bad at quick glance I thought it said Maypo Plan and said now there is the plan for me.....

I want my Maypo
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/175/140 Female 58
BF:
Progress:
Default Confused on the mayo diet

So, its basically Atkins with Grapefruit?? Does the grapefruit not have a lot of sugar in it?
Also, does anyone get dizzy? Is it really satisfying? I am just coming off of a "bad" week of eating (meaning eating everything in sight) and I am looking to quickly lose what I gained.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-13-06, 22:28

Plan: None yet
Stats: 210/210/165 Male 5 feet 11 inches
BF:

I am interested in this diet as well. So you can basically eat like 2 pieces of chicken breast and a huge salad with any dressing for lunch and dinner and still lose all this weight? What's the catch?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 06:46

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Jturpin,

There's no catch...it's a low carb plan...and with low carb you'll lose your appetite to eat that much anyway.

it's about 75 grams of carb a day...which is the same advice as "life without bread" gives. That is supposedly the optimum, perfect level to function well and still maintain a healthy weight.

With this plan, you are told what to eat for that carb amount, instead of choosing yourself. Making it easier for a lot of people to do because they don't have to worry about it or count the carbs.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-16-06, 13:30

BF:

I am starting this diet on Monday. When can you expect to see the weight loss? How many pounds do you usually lose per week?
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-17-06, 21:13

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi folks....are any of you still doing this plan? If so , how are you going? How much weight lost. I am interested to hear from any of you. Pamela
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 22:40

BF:

Hi jturpin..I have started the mayo diet as of today. I don't know anything about it except what is written in this thread . So will see how I go. I am going by the rules stated, strictly.I will be very interested in the weightloss . Love the fact that next wknd will be treat time with some xtra good carbs( vegies and fruit). Let me know how you go. You should start a journal!Good luck for mon morning!! Pamela
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-06, 19:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy1
Hi jturpin..I have started the mayo diet as of today. I don't know anything about it except what is written in this thread . So will see how I go. I am going by the rules stated, strictly.I will be very interested in the weightloss . Love the fact that next wknd will be treat time with some xtra good carbs( vegies and fruit). Let me know how you go. You should start a journal!Good luck for mon morning!! Pamela

Any news on the weight-loss Dreamy?
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 22:19

BF:

Hi Jturpin...it is day 7 today and Iwould say I have lost arond 7 or 8 lbs but will weighin tomorrow and post in my journal if youo wanna check. Are you going to try this yourself?I thought of giving it one more week and evaluate from there.Am abit impatient to roll the kilos away!! I do feel good if this does work , well it will be amazing!It oucld be aqgood maintenace type plan if the loss doesn't continue! I notice you don't have a journal...you should start one as it really does help you and is good to have people stop by and encourage you in the right direction. Have a good day anyway

Last edited by Dreamy1 : Sun, Jun-25-06 at 04:09.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-06, 04:09

BF:

Jtrupin..just to update you.I had acidity problems this afternoon from all the grapefruit( 1glass b4 each meal and it was straight..no sugar!!) so I have switched back to M&E and tonight I feel alot better. So I am sure it was the grapefruit causing the problem. The plan might be OK for you if you can take the grapefruit juice.Goodluck with whatever plan you choose.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-06, 05:43

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone

With this plan, you are told what to eat for that carb amount, instead of choosing yourself. Making it easier for a lot of people to do because they don't have to worry about it or count the carbs.

I get this part of why someone would like it....

but I would have to vastly dissagree that the diet is "less restrictive" than Atkins. Hell, you can go off of Atkins every two weeks if you wanted and still lose a ton of weight. Its all about perspective. Its just another low carb plan with a different "hook".

Good Luck in your journey everyone!