Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/186/140
BF:100
Progress: 16%
Default 2nd Timer...

I was on the Atkins program about 2 yrs ago...I lost 40 lbs! Unfortunately, I felt as if I couldnt gain weight since it was so easy quick and I felt kinda "cured" per say - well that was then and now I want to do it again but I find it is not working as well this 2nd time around...Has anyone been on the Atkins - stopped and tried again with success - Please encourage me I am so sad about the way I look - I need the boost!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 18:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Ok you haven't mentioned how long you've been re-doing it??? Ok I have been doing atkins off and on for about 20 years and I would say your body builds up a resistance to the yo-yo dieting type of life and you need patience because it will work but it will probably be much slower in kicking in. I just re-started 3 weeks ago and I've only lost 7 pounds and I haven't cheated and followed the book to a tee this time whereas I was much more of a cheater before and I remember before I used to lose 5 or 6 pounds a week so now it's slow but working so don't be upset if it's slow as long as there's something going on right? Besides I found out some new things this time around, and I would definetly recomend fitday.com to you because I was surprised at things that used to work for me like luncheon meats are no longer working and I cut those out...you have to try different things and don't give up because if you eating less carbs you have to lose weight there might just be one thing your adding or doing this time around that is stalling you. Good luck and keep trying different things...
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:55

THANKS for the advice! Great to know...I believe I was much more strict last time - Never had veggies (I thought I couldn't) Cheese was "unlimited" so I thought - This time though (I am going to try only meats and mayo haha - for the 2 weeks of induction (or however long it takes) I am happy to hear it still "works" though - I wil hang on - I have only been back to the WOE for maybe a week but my first try I was loosing like crazy - I think I lost 40 lbs in 3.5 months - It was AMAZING...
Thanks for your reply!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 09:26

BF:

It's funny how your body does these things to you it's like you had your chance you fooled me before but this time I'm gonna make you work at it.........try the veggies, let me tell ya I was doing nothing this time around until I added them now I do a salad with little bit of mayonaise everyday and when I don't I feel bloated and blah....I'm adding exercize this week I need a whoosh of some kind. The way I figure even if I only lose 5-6 pounds a month I will be happy with it but I darn well better get that lol.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 09:55

Strange as it seems...The reason I went "off the wagon" I decided after 40 lbs I could try a chocolate ATKINS bar or CARBOLITE...BIG MISTAKE (for me) because I got the taste for sweets again it was all downhill - Seriously, I am addicted to carbs (I thought it was food but its carbs) and I have to look at it like that. I tend to think of myself as a more non-addictive personality...justnever was interested in the typical addictions but I realize this is real and look at me...went from 117 to 195 in last 10 yrs I HAVE to do this for myself (and kids) Ok now that I've given myself a pep talk...hahaha I WANT this to work again - I think I can I think I can I think I can.........................
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:21

BF:

Of course you can of course you can Listen though you need plenty of support and here's the best place to get it, this time around if I hadn't recieved the support I get here I'm sure I would have given up the first week and there's times I just want to pig out on something and instead I come here and type I figure at least it keeps my hands busy. Matter of fact if you go to "the buddy club" under buddys challanges you can be witness to my senseless typing on here lol...I have to be constantly busy doing something because seems when I'm sitting I think too much about food so I believe I am most likely to be a "carb addict" also but the best part for me is 2nd week I lost a heck of alot of interest in carbs once they got out of my system and I can detect a "hidden carb" in a food from a mile away. When I'm dining out at this local buffet my hubby loves and I see everyone eating the high carbs I'm thinking "oh yeah your hips are gonna love that". Probably just a jealous thought but better then thinking I want to eat that too..Ok I must be craving I'm typing too much lol...now listen if you need any kind of support please join us at the buddy club we just love to have more of us and any questions and ideas and tips can be done there and if you just want to type senseless thoughts like me that's the place to go lol.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 12:04

where is BuddyChat???? Where do I find it? Onthis site?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 13:19

BF:

see where it says forum jump on the bottom scroll down til you see countdowns, buddies and challanges.....then look for the buddy club...and your there
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:25

Hello there...
EEK What a day ysterday...I took a bite of some custurd I made for the kids and I left terrible (unfortunately, it tasted awesome but the guilt! Oy Vay!) I just can't seem to control myself - Why Oh Why??????? Okay so I tried the Buddy chat under your directions No list for them - there's LC Parent and Maintenece and a few others but no buddies...Perhaps I'm a bad influence with my cheating n' all hahaha they dont have that option for me? Could it be? Naww...

#10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 13:28

I must be dizzy...I "felt" terrible it should read....and Maintenence (sp ck)
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:11

BF:

I know exactly what you mean I always felt such a huge guilt complex if I "cheated" I think it's because your sooo aware of the carbs in it.....I'm sick today some kind of stomach flu and wanted "comfort foods" sooooooooo bad and I thought well I'll probably anyway why not have them but I didn't sigh...maybe if I ever the heck get below 190...I might consider it but since I've been 195 for over a week I don't think so....