Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-05, 08:16

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Sorry, i can't help with that. They discovered I was insulin resistant by the fact that my fasting glucose was higher than after I drink the stuff.

This was why I would actually weigh more in the morning than in the evening, unlike most people. I was retaining a huge amount of fluid because of the constant insulin pumping when i was asleep. And that in turn is what raised my blood pressure.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 01:19

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%

http://www.womentowomen.com/LIBinsu...ulin+resistance
is one of the easier explaination of IR i've found. they say that the fasting blood sugar should be 75-80, and the fasting insulin 14 or less. annoying, they don't give the 2 hour post glucola levels. but still, it's an interesting website.

oh and hi , i'm babe. i was diagnosised with IR a couple of years ago, ignored for a year, did straight atkins for a year, and now i've kinda sliding into the link and balance IR diet. it's kinda strange eating carbs, even in small amts. and the low fat part of it (not really sure i buy that part of the diet), but it's worth a try. my weight loss is totally stalled, and my glucose and insulin level labs are not really any better on atkins (my cholesterol and tricglcerides are great). so i'm ready to try a little change.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-11, 07:00

Plan: The Insulin Resistance Di
Stats: 180/160/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default IR Diet Works

I am 73 years old and a diet controlled type 2 diabetic. I have been on the Insulin Resistance Diet since August 14 and have lost 14 pounds. It is the easiest plan I have ever used, fits any lifestyle, and though the weight loss isn't lightning fast, it is the kind that I believe will stay off. I really consider this more of a lifetime eating plan than a diet. I am moderately active but do not work out or exercise on a regular basis and am still able to maintain a steady weight loss without ever feeling hungry and I have no cravings. I have also lost 24.75 inches overall and have a lot more energy. It is wonderful to see my blood sugars in the low 90's and upper 80's rather than the 160's that originally started me on the quest for a healthy diet plan and to be able to fit into all the clothes that I thought never to wear again. I have bought 5 copies of this book for friends and family as gifts since I am convinced that it makes sense and is a healthy lifestyle. Can't wait to have my next blood work done in November to see how much my HbA1C and my lipid profile have improved.