Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 12:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Low-Cal/Low-Carb Support Thread: 2006

Well, I figured we're not posting as much as we were so we probably don't need a new one every month!

Maybe most of us fell off the band wagon at the end of the year. I know I sort of did. I found out I can't digest gluten or casein (milk products) so my diet is going to take on more Paleo-like attributes. I just had my last hurrah with milk products on 12/31, which meant consuming rather a lot of ice cream. For the first time I noticed how milk products were affecting me. It was like watching a storm move in. My stomach began to bloat, the wind whipped up , and then it started drizzling (well... we'll call it drizzle to be nice, the wind was real though!).

I've been gluten free for 3 months now and I have lost the cramping and diarrhea IBS, but I still had issues. That's probably the milk. Hopefully this will take care of the last of it. I haven't been tested for other intolerances though... so it could be worse than this yet.

Well, here's to being losers and healthy in 2006!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 14:26

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

Hey Nancy-- well, at least you are problem-solving and trying to figure out what is going on in your body. You started this thread, so I will be sad to see you leave the PSMF thread I guess you just have to do what works for you!

We should all post some resolutions/ goals for 2006!

Me: I WILL get to goal this year. I WILL maintain my goal weight this year.

Anyone else?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 17:56
Experimenter

BF:

My resolution for 2006 is to be less recreational with my eating and to find a way of eating that makes my body happy with me. Losing weight would be nice, but that is completely secondary.

I'll hang out here with you all! I still need to watch the calories and carbs!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 19:12

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Happy New Year everyone! I'm with Nancy...I have pretty well reached my goal in terms of heavy dieting and am going to try to do flexible, lowish cal lowish carb from now on. I went to a music festival on Boxing Day and just got home from it...ate at food stalls the whole time, did a whole heap of walking and danced until my knees started hurting NYE. I ate something sweet every day, like gelati or an ice cream and otherwise tried to keep carbs minimal and portions reasonable. The result was that I only gained maybe a pound (was 148 this morning), so as carbs store up to 6 pounds of water, that could mean a net loss. In any case, I am most pleased that it worked and I don't have to get drastic. So am resuming flexible eating and will get back to upper body lifting (knees still not too good) and hope that I can continue to lose a tiny bit of fat each month while gaining muscle.

I plan to stay here too as I like 'checking in' and keeping an eye on myself etc.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 10:24

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm back to 262.8 today. That's a 3.2 loss overnight thanks to a full day of psmfing. It's very cool to feel in control of my diet. It was absolutely no problem to go straight back to psmf yesterday. That 2 week break helped me out a lot mentally (even though it came with 10 extra pounds) and physically. My aches and pains were completely gone until yesterdays 20 minute elliptical workout LOL. I was a little concerned that the achey legs were back after 1 day back on psmf until I remembered my morning cardio.

I gave up making weight related resolutions years ago, but I will put a goal out there. I will lose at least 75lbs this year. That should be very doable and put me under 200lbs for the first time in over a decade.

Val - that festival sounds fun! And that is awesome that you came back with a single pound. Quite an accomplishment!

Nancy - You're a tough cookie. Removing gluten and dairy from your diet is a huge deal. Very cool that you can eat to fuel your body and not end up with those unpleasant dairy side-effects!

PB Girl - AWESOME job on the weight loss last year! You've done amazingly well. I can't wait to see you reach your goal!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 10:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/186/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Ladies,

Even though I'm new I'm serious about changing ways. I'm seeking to lose 61 pounds and more importantly the right way so it stays off.

I've been on this website for about a week now and everyone seems so motivated and kind (for answering all sorts of newbie questions!).

I look forward to getting to know you all!

P.S. Cindy G. Wow - you have done awesome - very inspiring!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 11:32
Experimenter

BF:

I just found a source of coconut flour that has only 92 calories per (almost) half a cup. This could be the low-cal flour substitute I've been looking for! A lot of the coconut flours are not like this one, defatted. So I paid the horrendous 11.00 shipping charge and ordered 6 pounds of it.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:50

Nancy, a good find for you! I would hate to think what the full fat coconut flour must have in calories!

Cindy, I too gained almost 10 lbs when I did my first diet break, but lost it quickly on the PSMF...it was almost all water weight.
I think the reason I didn't gain during this last break was due to all the exercise I got at the festival, and also because I didn't eat a lot of volume. One central problem is having a 'break' often means having a break from restraint and then eating way more than necessary. I think one needs to have a break from eating in any particular fashion (like restricting carbs and fats) but to retain restraint in terms of quantity. So for example I had a sweet daily, e.g. an ice cream- but kept it to one scoop, and ate it from a cup. Formerly I would have shown no restraint re volume and would have had two scoops on a cone, thus doubling the calories unnecessarily. Sort of "I'm on a diet break, so that means I can pig out." No it doesn't. This is a hard learned lesson, but coming back from this past 2 week break with only a pound gained is proof of this I feel, and so am heartened to attempt to continue in this manner.. I feel almost scared to overeat now, as I am still getting good 'full' signals and am learning to pay attention to them, and don't want to lose this.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:54

P.S. Why does one have to reach age 66 to learn this particular lesson? I hope you gals will learn this one...it will keep you slimmer for life. Its like, THIS is not the last ice cream on earth that I will ever have, so I don't have to have two scoops of it.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:58

Here's a Christmas Day photo taken with my 2 grandgirls...it was a hot day here Down Under!
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b...is/8204498b.jpg
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 17:40
Experimenter

BF:

Aw! Your GD's are adorable! That leopard print bathing suit is so cute!

You're right about the ice cream! Hey, congrats on learning it though. At the rate I'm going....
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 21:02
Organic Lifestyle

Plan: SBP (Organic & Balanced)
Stats: 165/135/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 86%

It is so great to hear everyone focusing on health. It sounds like you all have a real understanding how important it is to be healthy and that weight loss is something that comes as a side effect. It sounds like 2006 is going to be a great year for everyone.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 22:48

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALEWIS
P.S. Why does one have to reach age 66 to learn this particular lesson? I hope you gals will learn this one...it will keep you slimmer for life. Its like, THIS is not the last ice cream on earth that I will ever have, so I don't have to have two scoops of it.

This is so true!! I had a single sccop of gelato nearly every day on vacation last year. It was my only non-low carb food really. I lost 10 lbs on that vacation. Moderation and activity seemed to be key for me.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 07:01

Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Happy New Years everyone!

I have fallen (horribly hard might I add) off the wagon for the holidays but I am now ready to get back into PSMFing. I get some really cute clothes for Christmas, and I am determined to get into them for the summer. Today is my second day and I am having all the usual challanges such as pulling back my appetite and working on portion control. Other than that things are going well so far and I am eager to start seeing some water weight drop off in order to keep me motivated.
Everyone one the board....nice to see you all again, and nice job on maintaining!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 07:32

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Nancy, Thanks for starting this again for 2006.

My focus for 2006 is self improvement not just weight loss. I have many things I want to improve. Weight is just one of them.

Val great pic with your GD. And thanks for the advise. Hubby and I were saying why did it take us so long to learn some these things too.

Have a great day Everyone.