Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 17:05
Registered Member

Plan: Need To Settle On One
Stats: 220/210/180 Male 187cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Juicer Recommendations Needed

I've been experimenting with some juicer recipes and have found a handful of low-carb concoctions that I quite enjoy the taste of but my hand-me-down juicer is a bit cheap and doesn't really blend-up the ingredients properly. Are there any decent suggestions on which one to get? Would be cool if its a multi-purpose blender and can do smoothies, shakes, that kind of thing but most importantly I want to be able to create some low-carb juices that are nice and smooth to drink as I don't enjoy big chunks in my juice like I get from my current blender. I am willing to spend a bit as its a good investment, i'll be using it multiple times daily after all. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 19:39
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Sounds like you're looking for an extractor type juicer where you feed in the product and it leaves the pulp in the container and spills out the juice.

If you're going low carb, I don't know of any juices which wouldn't give you too many carbs if you will be using it multiple times daily. Even parsley juice in any quantity is concentrated. 1 fluid oz fresh parsley juice contains 8 gms carbs. That's only 2 tbsp. Celery juice isn't as bad carb-wise.

Anyway, I've used the extractor-type juicer with good results and lots of pulp to dispose of.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 01:59

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

I like the Jack LaLanne power juicer. It's not too expensive and does a good job. Make sure to line the pulp container because I forgot ONE time and it never smelled the same after that

There are a few good low-carb juice recipes. Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 02:24
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground
I've been experimenting with some juicer recipes and have found a handful of low-carb concoctions that I quite enjoy the taste of but my hand-me-down juicer is a bit cheap and doesn't really blend-up the ingredients properly. Are there any decent suggestions on which one to get? Would be cool if its a multi-purpose blender and can do smoothies, shakes, that kind of thing but most importantly I want to be able to create some low-carb juices that are nice and smooth to drink as I don't enjoy big chunks in my juice like I get from my current blender. I am willing to spend a bit as its a good investment, i'll be using it multiple times daily after all. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Sounds like you're looking for an extractor type juicer where you feed in the product and it leaves the pulp in the container and spills out the juice.

If you're going low carb, I don't know of any juices which wouldn't give you too many carbs if you will be using it multiple times daily. Even parsley juice in any quantity is concentrated. 1 fluid oz fresh parsley juice contains 8 gms carbs. That's only 2 tbsp. Celery juice isn't as bad carb-wise.

Anyway, I've used the extractor-type juicer with good results and lots of pulp to dispose of.

Thanks for the advice, i'm learning all the time and haven't settled on a proper plan yet. I take on board what you are saying and need to make sure I'm not overdoing it with the juicer. I like the sound of the type of juicer you've mentioned though, that would be exactly the kind of thing i'd be after. Thank you for the Parsley recipe, haven't used parsley yet but will definitely give it a go.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 02:25
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojolissa
I like the Jack LaLanne power juicer. It's not too expensive and does a good job. Make sure to line the pulp container because I forgot ONE time and it never smelled the same after that

There are a few good low-carb juice recipes. Good luck!

Thankyou for replying, i'll have a look now at the one you've suggested.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 04:22
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

The Omega or Breville extraction juicers are good. The Breville gets great reviews. It's loads better than the Jack LaLane.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 17:05
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa
The Omega or Breville extraction juicers are good. The Breville gets great reviews. It's loads better than the Jack LaLane.

OK thanks, I've been looking through a whole load of extractor juicers for sale and I did see a Breville one come up actually, the reviews did sound very good in general. It has been placed on the shortlist for sure but I am still weighing up the choices.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 17:10
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuleikaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground
OK thanks, I've been looking through a whole load of extractor juicers for sale and I did see a Breville one come up actually, the reviews did sound very good in general. It has been placed on the shortlist for sure but I am still weighing up the choices.

The Omega J8006 seems to be very popular.