Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 21:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136.7/132.3/121 Male 169cm
BF:
Progress: 28%
Unhappy I'm not satisfy with Atkins in term of DRINK

I already passed the induction phase and in the ongoing weight loss phase.

I found we have very little drinks available to us. Plain water, coffee and tea or maybe some alcohol. That is all in the Atkins dictionary.

Furthermore, drinking coffee without sugar is just too bitter for me and for some people. Same goes to tea, it somewhat has the bitter taste when you just drink plain tea. I rarely drink alcohol anyway.

I can't stand the bitter taste without sugar to counterbalance it. As a result, I just drink plain water all the time and it is bored. I dream of having a hot drink in the morning along with my tuna-egg salad but it's not going to happen.

I wish to hear from you guys how you can enjoy Atkins along with the drinks available. The feeling of having a hot/cold drink accompanying your meal is just great. Please help...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 21:50

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

You can use artificial sweeteners, or stevia or monks fruit, which are both natural, but carbfree or very low carb.

I am concerned about your weight goals, though, Kevin. At 5' 7" tall, the very bottom of a healthy BMI is nearly 128 lbs.

Is there a particular reason why you want to go 18 lbs below that? Or, perhaps, is the kilos/lbs messed up?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-16, 23:06

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I believe you can also drink diet soda, and if you don't want the artificial sweeteners, you can try a brand called Zevia.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-11-16, 02:25

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Can you find Crystal Light in Malaysia? That used to keep me satisfied when I first started low carbing. The Orange Sunrise (?) flavor tastes a lot like real orange juice!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-11-16, 09:23

Plan: Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 156/120/125 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Do you put cream in your coffee? I used to only like sweetened coffee, but I gradually lessened the amount to get used to unsweetened and now I find that cream alone is enough to soften the bitterness.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-11-16, 10:25

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

lots of great ideas above!

also:
1. fruity herbal teas are very sweet without added sweetener. you can also make iced fruity tea.

2. try adding cucumber, mint, ginger, lemon and or/lime or any combo of the above to a pitcher of water.
cucumber is my favorite, but lemon ginger or lime mint are also great!

3. what about seltzer water/ sparkling water. some come in great flavors, too.

i typically drink: water, tea or coffee in the morning with sweetener, iced coffee, iced tea, and sometimes crystal lite.
sometimes i will make low carb cocoa, champagne, white wine or vodka with club soda.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-16, 23:47

Stats: 136.7/132.3/121 Male 169cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
You can use artificial sweeteners, or stevia or monks fruit, which are both natural, but carbfree or very low carb.

I am concerned about your weight goals, though, Kevin. At 5' 7" tall, the very bottom of a healthy BMI is nearly 128 lbs.

Is there a particular reason why you want to go 18 lbs below that? Or, perhaps, is the kilos/lbs messed up?

Yes I have messed up with the UK/US conversation standards and now I have corrected it. Sorry about that.

Sadly most of the drinks u guys mentioned are not sold my country. I got an idea, what if we manually buy artificial sweeteners like sucralose or stevia and add in our drinks? Is it ok to do that?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-16, 09:07
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yes, you are allowed to use non-caloric sweeteners like sucralose/splenda or stevia.