Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 21:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy My 1st (& hopefully last!) cheat

Okay guys & girls, I blew it today. I was craving sweets this morning but I ate my eggs instead. Made it through to lunch. Ate a pork chop and logged on to the Board for some encouragement, and made it through. But the headache kept getting worse and worse and my hands were shaking and well, tonight I ate four of my sons cookies and washed it down w/ a glass of soda.

Felt better for about 30 minutes, and now I am beginning to buzz. And I feel sooo guilty. Only two days on induction, and I let my cravings take over. I forgot about L-glut, as I have read that it will help.

Well, I guess I got it over with. Tomorrow is another day, and I WILL do better. I have to. Don't want to let sugar rule my life!
Thanks for listening, er reading!

Last edited by ladybugvv : Wed, Jan-23-02 at 22:08.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 22:12

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Hi,
I can relate. My headaches were soooooooo baaaaaaaaad on induction that I'd have to have a quarter apple just to get rid of them (was taking 6 advils a day.) I'd fall asleep with a doozy and wake up with one. I'm fine now. But I tell you, I almost quit. I'm really glad I didn't. And while I felt bad about it, that cheat couldn't be helped.

Hope things will be looking up tomorrow.

Ruby
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:12

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hugs, ((((ladybug))). Those headaches can be killers, and the cravings seem to take over our minds and bodies and better selves. I know, truly I do!

Sounds like you've learned some great lessons here--1) you can, through a great act of will, hold out for two meals. Next time, maybe holding out for just one whole day will be all it takes to get over the worst of withdrawals. 2) trying l-gluatmine (and chromium, too) may be enough of an extra boost to get you past detox. 3) sugar is a powerfully addictive drug--this is a great thing to learn! It makes us respectful of it and cautious to try 'just a taste" in a month or two (who wants to go through those withdrawals many more times, right?)

These are great lessons, so don't think of having "blown it." (Nobody expects you to be perfect--just darned wonderful. ) If we can reconceive of each "mistake" as, instead, an opportunity for learning, then they are steps forward, not back.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 13:20

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Cheating/Headaches

Ladybug-

I have found that I get headaches and hungry (especially when first starting this WOE) when I don't eat enough throughout the day to stay full. Try adding some mushrooms, spinach, cheese etc. to your eggs. Then how about a salad, veggie or cole slaw with your pork chop? This may help with the headaches and munchies. Remember you just have to hold out until dinner! Don't beat yourself up though-we all have occasional slips. Each day is a clean slate!

-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 14:16

Stats: 193/193/140 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I have such a great place to come to with people who really understand. My friends think I'm nuts! But we'll see who's nuts when I am 30 pounds less and they are still drinking those carb-filled slim-fast shakes & wondering why they aren't losing!

I really want to do this. I liked the CALP, but it seemed like the craving headaches wouldn't go away. After 21 days, I said forget it! It shouldn't hurt to look good!

You are a great group & I'm glad I found ya!