Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-16, 09:33

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%
Default Carrot "muffin" MIM

So I was having a little craving for something outside the box for breakfast again on the weekend, so came up with this carrot muffin thing. It was pretty good - a little on the dry side cold, but serving it up warm helped.

I "baked" it in a 4" round by about 2" high glass bowl greased with CO. I only ate half the recipe at one time though, dividing it over two days.

Dry:

2 Tbsp ground flax/flax meal (I like the dark for this recipe)
1 Tbsp unflavoured protein powder (I use egg, whey or vanilla whey would work too)
1/4 tsp glucomannan powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg of sweetener of your choice (I used sugar twin, eqiv to 2 tsp sugar)
1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 Tbsp chopped raw pecans
Sprinkle of sea salt

Mix these together until all ingredients are combined thoroughly.

Wet:

1 Tbsp CO, melted (could use butter), then mix in
1 egg
1 tsp water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp loosely packed shredded raw carrots (about 1/2" of a large carrot)

Whisk all the wet ingredients with a fork until all is incorporated. Then quickly mix into the dry ingredients, mixing until all is combined into a "batter".

Immediately pour into the greased dish and microwave ~ full power until firm in the center. This took 2 mins, 20 seconds on my unit.

Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, then loosen the edges of the muffin with a sharp knife. Turn out and let cool.

To eat it, I sliced it into four slices, and ate two by lightly toasting it in a skillet, then topping with a drizzle of SF maple syrup and more cinnamon. If you eat dairy, you could make a cream cheese "frosting" by combining 2 Tbsp of cream cheese/1 tbsp butter/splash of vanilla extract/pkg of sweetener.

Store any part uneaten in the fridge. Enjoy
Sponsored Links