Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 20:35

Plan: Atkin's '72
Stats: 255/239.6/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default When You've Failed....

I think since the holidays are upon us, it would be a good idea to post here some of our "flubs" and "failures" to encourage others that they are not alone, and we all make mistakes - especially during this hectic season.

Many people tend to mess up and "quit" because they assume they just cannot do it, when they just need to realize its the whole picture and messing up once does NOT mean you've failed.

Hopefully some of you can share some specific stories for us in this thread to encourage the "newbies" (Like myself) who need the encouragement at times.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Oh the sins in my kitchen today........

I baked a pumpkin pie, a blueberry pie, an apple pie, two stuffings, and a cranberry sauce.

I noshed on olives, mixed nuts and red wine.

In my infinite wisdom I say do the best you can, but don't throw in the towel if holidays lead you astray. Pick up right where you left off. It's a lifetime thing. Enjoy yourself and your loved ones. Don't view it as failure.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:14

Plan: Atkin's '72
Stats: 255/239.6/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

:-) This may sound silly, but I actually looked to click on a "like" button, but realized I'm on the wrong site! Thanks shannone10!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 21:53

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 165/130/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Don't think of it as 'flubs and failures', think of it as a learning curve. There's nothing to feel bad or guilty about. The longer you do this WOE, the more you learn and the easier it gets, and it becomes the norm.
I used to think of it as 'dieting', as in 'short-term'. Now, if I go off plan, and I do go off plan at times for varied reasons(but mostly financial), THAT is 'short-term' until I can get back to my LC WOE. Sometimes it's only hours, sometimes it's days, but I don't toss in the towel or use the 'time off' for binging, but for planning to make that time as brief as possible.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 22:17

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 165/130/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Sorry, you asked for something specific...my bad.
DH and I recently drove a couple of hours to visit the grandkids and I had baked some kolache for my son's birthday(I do every year). We had eaten our LC breakfast and skipped lunch(we often do). We stayed for a pasta casserole dinner and had kolache afterward. I wasn't about to hurt my DIL's feelings by not eating what she'd cooked for us. We could have turned down the kolache, but hey, I only make it once a year. The next day we got back on plan.
I know it's not that easy if you're just starting out and battling the cravings. And, we aren't in the position of having carby foods set in front of us on a regular basis when a lot of people are. But the longer you do this WOE the easier it will be to deal with those situations and move on.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 22:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Yup. I celebrated Thanksgiving with a bunch of large families and definitely was an active participant in the "Let's feed the single girl" marathon (yup...I'm the single girl). Somehow, I managed to come home with an entire loaf of homemade bread. And 2 pieces of pie.

But, there were victories, too. I didn't eat much dessert while I was there. And I stayed away from some things I should have.

But, I didn't get where I am from one meal a year (or even one whole loaf of homemade bread). It really is all about the lifestyle.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 16:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/176/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

when I "fail" get out of my losing zone, I stop what ever I am doing and go back to basics (phase1) and continue from there, never give up, it's a new way of life just stick to it and you will sucseed
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 19:44
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins/General
Stats: 220/202.7/140 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I say you only fail if you give up.
For my birthday, I had sushi....and cheesecake. The next day, I continued on. When you cheat, just do it with purpose, don't get bent up with regret. It just makes you feel like poo, and want to give up.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 04:49

Stats: 160/140/130 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 67%

For my birthday which was this week-end ..yes let's just say it was pretty bad LoL! I'm restarting this week though - later going to the supermarket and refocusing. I'm not stressing yet though but I do hope to eat abit more healthy before Christmas. I have just started my new course and am in happy spirits it will work out

Last edited by FoodFairy : Tue, Nov-29-11 at 03:44.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-11, 16:19

Stats: 190/176/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

ha ha haa, today I went to my friends go away party, but I was prepeared, I made gorgeous, mint-chocolate cake for my friend, plus there was going to be other gorgeous deserts and food brought by others, so I baked myself low carb chocolate cake, with cream and few strawberries, I left mine in the kitchen as others wouldn't have realised and would have finnished it quick time (the visitors were above 100 and half of them where below 15) and i am so happy I made the extra effort I had no problems resisiting all the goodies, the key is, just got to be prepeared
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-18-12, 13:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, low carb
Stats: 160/145/123 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default I'm an eating champion

Does anyone have a massive binge on mayonnaise? I feel like such a monster eating ridiculous amount of Mayo. The thing is I never crave sweet, carby things but boy, the amount I eat fatty, oily stuff (eg creamed coconut in solids, a whole jar of peanut butter, packets of pork scratchings..) is embarrassing and disgusting!
I'm scared what my cholesterol readings are these days...
I do eat adequate amount of veges though.

Sorry just had to see if you guys also think I'm an alien!

Hope you're all having a lovely day..
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-12, 13:44
Registered Member

Stats: 155/147/110 Female 164 centimeters
BF:
Progress:

I used to really like mayo, but lately I just don't like the taste anymore. However, I tend to agree, I tend to crave more fatty and oily stuff rather than sweets, but on occasion I do feel an urge to devour 3 Mars bars
Whenever I fail I do feel really bad about it, but I just try to encourage myself to keep going despite the setback. It's hard because it makes me feel weak, but in the end, it's alright to be weak and give in to temptations from time to time, as long as you get back on the plan afterwards.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-12, 15:39

Stats: 175/167.8/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I realize this is a slightly old thread... But yeah, I just recently hit a new low about a month ago but I've been randomly falling off track lately. My parents were in town for a week and somehow I managed to not gain-quite the accomplishment- but since then I've had some random three-day carb binges. I can identify one reason as being lack of planning when I stay at my boyfriend(ish)'s place. He's all about the "one piece won't kill you" thing which drives me nuts.
Anyway, I had a point somewhere... Oh yeah, my goal lately hasn't been to be perfect all the time, but instead to just shorten the amount of days that I'm off track. It used to be that one off day could lead to months off. Lately I've been pretty good at keeping it to four days or less. I just look at the scale, accept the number I see, and start over, having faith that it's mostly water retention and I can get it off in under two weeks. I think before the big binges would lead to such huge gains that I'd become incredibly depressed and ashamed and just keep eating to cover it up.
So yes, I am on day four of being off track for this little bender, but it ends now. Maybe I can convert today into a modified mini steak day since it's still pretty early in the day and I stay up late. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning, and the number will likely anger me, but I'll be back to normal soon......right? Right.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-12, 15:58

Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down." Your own words are appropriate