Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 09:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Advice Center..Get advice...Give advice

I wanted to have a thread that could help people with their problems....a place where you can get advice....give advice.....or just chill.....

My advice.....For those who cant drink water.....Try using a bigger cup and drink from a thick straw (like a mcdonalds straw)

Need Advice..... How i can stop eating after 7?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 17:10

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi 2cute!
Love your name BTW!
This may sound too simplistic but you might want to give it a try as it has helped me not eat after a certain hour. I say firmly and outloud "I have finished eating for the day now." Seems for me that just saying it outloud reinforces it for me.

OK I need help with getting in more exercise...and I do have limitations as I have fibromyalgia that disables me...but not to the point that I can't do some exercise. OK skip the disability part. I hate to exercise how do I motivate myself to do what I can?
Hugs,
Nancy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 17:19

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

Hi guys.

Heres my suggestions 2 cute- eat dinner at 6:30 then by 7 you'll be done and full

Nancy - the way I get around the not wanting to exercise thing is by saying ok I cant watch my fav show or I cant have my berries or whatever until I do such and such exercise and then hold myself to it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 18:43

BF:

do you know anyone in your church, family, or neighbor hood who does exercises regularly that you can do? if so have them help you out....my exercise group will call and wake me up if i aint there to walk
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 18:50

Plan: A lifestyle change
Stats: 270/248/186 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey 2cute, try flossing and brushing your teeth at 7, I know it sounds funny but after I have done all that I do not want to eat and mess up the minty fresh taste!

Moondanzr, try finding something you like, there are sooo many types of exercise and exercise tapes and classes that if you are not in the mood for one you can do another. Some days I like aqua others pilates, yoga, fitball, step, kickboxing, bosu, tai chi etc. this way I never get bored. I also tell myself I only have to do it for ten minutes and then if I really want I can quit, but usually at the end of ten minutes I am in the groove! If all else fails crank your stereo up and dance!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 19:24

BF:

All great tips that i will try...im starving now so im going to eat because otherwise i will get up at 3 or 4 and eat something i should eat...besides i dont think i will do no eating after 7 until im off of this meat and egg fast
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 05:23

BF:

I know im not a newbie....and since ive been here for a while i should know this stuff...but can anyone tell me what some of the abbreviation/slang means.... for example I will see something like..... My DH is sick....or so and so.... all i have figured out is...

BTW- by the way
TOM/TOTM- Time of the month

so what the heck is DH
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 06:02
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

DH-Dear Husband
DD-Dear Daughter
DS-Dear Son ......and so on.....
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 14:38

BF:

thanks jiggerz..i thought it was dieting husband.....lol but then i was like no....but now i know thanks.....
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 16:58

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%
Smile

It can mean damn husband too...depends on whether he's in the dog house or not.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 18:55

BF:

oh hahaha funny.....
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 20:04

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 257.5/235.4/138 Female 5ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

my advice: learn to love that not quite full feeling. I used to stuff myself each evening, but now I've learnt to love that feeling of actually being able to more. I know whenever I feel the small beginnings of an empty tummy that my body is dipping into its fat stores. yay. or else just picture that late night snack going straight to ya booty and taking up camp there cos ya body won't use it while ya sleeping

need advice: the pepsi-max I drink has 'sweetners 951, 950' on the label. It has no sugars and no carbs. but what are these! could they be triggering an insulin release?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 20:12

Stats: 164/160/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default worked for me...

I'm on day 4 of induction!.. I didn't think it was going to be this hard. However, this site has made a huge difference all on it's own.. I've been on this computer for hours now.. and if I wasn't who knows what kind of carb trouble I would be in.. Just trying to figure out some things and read what everyone is writing takes time.... I just try and ignore the grumbles from my tummy..
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-05, 15:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carps
need advice: the pepsi-max I drink has 'sweetners 951, 950' on the label. It has no sugars and no carbs. but what are these! could they be triggering an insulin release?

Hmmmm i dont know....has your weight loss stalled since you been drinking the pepsi? if not i would say they are ok...if so try to go a week without one and see did it affect your weight loss....if you lose weight while not drinking it...then i would ditch it
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-05, 15:53

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 257.5/235.4/138 Female 5ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

eat more valleybabe! as I understand it on induction you don't have to be hungry. eat enough protein till you are satisfied, and anything with a high fat content will satiate your appetite for longer. I don't think induction is the time to be worrying about portions etc, just eat till you are satisfied, and then eat again when your tummy rumbles.
Getting hungry will only drive you to carbs. Hang in there!