Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/151/134
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy I don't think its working...

I have been doing the Atkins for about 3 1/2 weeks. My personal goal is 134lbs. But I have to be 144 by Fri 22nd of Feb. I am about to cry. I was down to 149lbs and I have been jumping up and down between 150 and 151. This is really not good. If I don't meet my 144 then I may get kicked out of the Air Force. I hate it, they want everyone to be a perfect size 6. I know deep down that I am not fat. But its hard to keep thinking that when the Air Force says you are. I am sorry I am telling a long story, I am just feeling depressed. If someone had a magic pill that would make me drop 10lbs in a day I would do it.
I know I am not doing anything wrong, I read the book. For breakfast I have usually eggs and bacon or eggs and steak. Hamburg or some other meat for lunch or dinner. I check all the labels of everything I buy, if there is no label I don't eat it. I have not cheated at all. I am just about to start starving myself for a few days. Its like my body is so stubborn there is nothing I can do. Anyone have any words of wisdom?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/151/134
BF:
Progress: 11%

oh yeah, if you look at my stats, I said I was 160 and now 150, well I hadn't started the Atkins seriously until I was 155. I lost the other 5lbs by doing nothing but exercise and drink water and eat Cheerios
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 17:38
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/259.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm sorry that I don't know about the Air Force. I consulted my husband who was in the Army. He says the Army goes by body fat percentage. He was a data recorder for the weight control program for a short time. He said it would be easier to lose weight in the army because they do physical training everyday and the "Air Farce" hires good cooks. He doesn't know how they do it in the Air Force, but in the army, it depended on the reliability of the soldier...history etc. If they had a history of not meeting standards then they would be administratively discharged.

As far as weight loss, if you starved yourself to lose 5 pounds, it's going to come back when you start to eat food again. To lose weight fast I have a few recommendations for short term...maybe. Drink tons of water, it will flush out your system, cut salt and dairy, try a meat only day, try a fat fast day, confuse your body into losing weight, don't add any extra carbs, a typical extreme induction menu would have 1 salad at lunch with meat in it, just meat for supper. No artificial sweetners or coffee, just lots of water. No deli meats or processed meats.

And don't starve yourself, it will make your body hang on to every bit of fat it can...douse it with oil! Eating fat will make you lose fat.

Take chromium to build muscle and stave off cravings and also multivitamins.

Hope some of this helps.

Elihnig