Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Question Need some confirmation

I have been trying to figure out for awhile what is the best workout method for me. I have been reading on these forums and looking on the internet, and finally settled on the BFL method. I purchased the book and have ready it, and just started my second week. I am trying to do the lifting part by the book but am doing my own cardio.

My question is this, I have read some of the posts in here from some people saying how sore they are, I haven't been sore really at all. I have reached a level of ten in probably 80 - 85% of my sets (muscle groups). I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I have posted my workouts in my gym log, and would really appreciate it if someone could take a look and them and tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 11:55

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Hi Mike - I posted in your gym log - my 2 cents!

Have a great day.
Laura
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hey you're doing great! I looked at your gym log and it looked a lot like mine. The only thing I can think is try increasing more in case you're underestimating what you can really do. The other thing is maybe you have a higher tolerance for pain.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 15:00

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

I really do not get sore after working out anymore. After the first couple of times the only thing I get now is a little muscle stiffness that is gone after stretching. I am not one of those people who believes you must be sore to be doing good.....I know I am doing good on my last set when my arms are burning, my blood is pumping and I can't get that last rep up.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 15:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Thanks everyone for your advice and your responses, I appreciate it. I don't know why, I'm normally not like this, but ever since I started working out again I have been very indecisive and unsure whether I am doing things correctly.

Thanks again!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-04, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 171/154/150 Female 5'9"
BF:??/18.8/??
Progress: 81%

Though I don't think that you necessarily have to be in pain to be working hard, you might try switching up your exercises. I was never sore on my LBWO until I switched from leg extensions to squats and from leg curls to lunges. Then - OW! I've still never been sore on my UBWO and I know I'm lifting as much as I can at least as to my left arm, because it is at the point of failure.