Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 13:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
the kitchen painter is here- sanding. So the kitchen is off limits as he is also going to start priming today. DH is bringing home dinner- Bahn Mi sandwiches and soup!
E
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 13:24

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-
the kitchen painter is here- sanding. So the kitchen is off limits as he is also going to start priming today. DH is bringing home dinner- Bahn Mi sandwiches and soup!
E

I envy you, I'd love for some work to be done on my kitchen!
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 13:54

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

Hi, I'm a new "oldie' to CAD in that I did it 20+ years ago and it really worked for me, but I allowed myself to be intimidated by an older louder housemate who persecuted me everyday about doing CAD, with the lower carb CM and then the RM- I couldn't take the ridicule at the time so I caved and gained about 50 pounds since then. I cleaned out my bookcase about a month ago and found my CAD book, so restarted 2 weeks and 3 days ago.

I'm not a CAD purist so I have tweaked the CM to suit my lifestyle- I use the forbidden protein shakes (75 grams each) for breakfast, skip lunch and eat whatever I want for RM, always starting with another protein shake because I cannot eat high enough volume of meat/egg or fish to get sufficient. I get sick to my stomach at about 3 ounces of solid protein but a couple of scoops of my beef isolate protein powder fills in the gaps.

I have to admit too that I'm eating whatever I want at RM, at this point I'm counting on my solid protein and my protein shake to do the balancing for me. I can't eat lettuce based salads as I can't digest lettuce, goes out the way it goes in so, my veg is whatever I have cooked for everybody else.

I'm happy to say I'm down five pounds which is lightening speed for me...and have had zero cravings. I just miss being able to sip my coffee and cream in leisurely fashion.

Hope its ok for me to poke my head in here occasionally...to see whats up

Last edited by deb34 : Tue, Sep-23-14 at 14:28.
  #199   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 17:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Deb!!!
We all tweek- I am fascinated by your protein shakes and can't wait to hear all about it.
Isn't it amazing how everyone ELSE always knows what's best for us??? It's hard to finally say THIS IS MY BODY AND I'M DECIDING!!! Good for you!
E
  #200   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-14, 20:05

Hi Deb, and welcome.
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-14, 14:28

Thanks for the welcome Enomarb and Patriciakr!

are we allowed to post names of the products we use on these boards? I recently found the beef isolate protein powder at the HFS and it doesn't mess with my insulin the way pure Whey protein does. I mix them together- 1.5 scoops of each in 2 cups of water, throw in a (raw!!) egg and shake it up. I consider it to be a BAB in the Jack Kruse Leptin Reset way, then I'm good until RM time!

Another 2 scoops(1 whey, 1 beef) taken before I start on the rest of RM, then solid protein and any carbs last. This keeps my insulin from surging and I avoid the heart pounding and sleepiness after eating. I also take a fibre supplement to compensate for the lettuce I don't eat.

in the middle of TOM right now but I know that something has definitely changed in that regard too. No PMS, TOM was 2 days late, and I lost weight all week until TOM showed up yesterday and then only a .5 pound gain. WHEEEE!!!

Patricia, I haven't read all your posts but I sure am impressed by your fantastic stats! Shining example that CAD does work- hope to be able to follow that.

Enomarb, I'm so happy to see people that have actually reached or surpassed their goal, so hard to do even in other sections of this board, but for us Carb Addicts, this really is the key to control. Just absolutely amazes me- even on Atkins it was so hard to stay on plan, now I don't even really think about food unless its planning something totally delicious and formerly 'bad' for dinner.

Last edited by deb34 : Thu, Sep-25-14 at 14:35.
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-14, 20:42

Hi Deb,

I mention product names, fine by me if you do

I actually never read CAD, I follow CALP which was the book/plan that came after CAD.

Had a fantastic day. New low this morning of 177.1, and hubby took the day off to spend with me. We went to a zoo that is huge with many areas split into different "climate zones", we walked about 3 miles over a sauntering 4 hours. Greatly enjoyed the open aviary buildings where the birds where flying around you, got some great photos.

Went to our favorite tappas place for rm. Nice, nice day. I'm pooped!
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-14, 07:38

Hi Deb,

I mention product names, fine by me if you do

If anybody would like to know the beef protein isolate is Carnivore in Chocolate

I actually never read CAD, I follow CALP which was the book/plan that came after CAD.

funny, I have never read CALP

Had a fantastic day. New low this morning of 177.1, and hubby took the day off to spend with me. We went to a zoo that is huge with many areas split into different "climate zones", we walked about 3 miles over a sauntering 4 hours. Greatly enjoyed the open aviary buildings where the birds where flying around you, got some great photos.

This reminds me of a summer daytrip to a huge aquarium we wandered through. Ripleys Aquarium it was, really fabulous views of the fish and aquatic life- walking under the glass shark tank was the very highlight for me.

Went to our favorite tappas place for rm. Nice, nice day. I'm pooped

very happy to say I dropped a pound overnight! second day of TOM which is unheard of! I am stoked! the motivation to do this is so high, although I might be a bit optimistic as I have to make a cake for 40 pp; tonight for tomorrow. With Cream cheese icing---will be difficult not to taste test.
  #204   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-14, 08:30

Deb, one thing I adore about myfitnesspal (.com) membership is that I can take any recipe and pop it into their recipe calculator - figure out the calories for a serving. I make minis out of some recipes (i.e. have a great mini-cheesecake pan from King Arthur), or take a cake recipe and just make muffins, and then I can make the cake and eat some too

I have not stopped baking while losing all this weight.
  #205   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-14, 08:52

I'm amazed at the stuff I'm eating while losing weight too!

I've had spaghetti with meat sauce twice and it didn't seem to put any glitch or slow me down. I've gone almost a year on low carb where I couldn't lose 5 pounds in that whole time.

here I am eating spaghetti(and garlic bread!!) which I haven't eaten in years and in 3 weeks I've dropped almost 6 pounds eating like this...I feel like I'm in an alternate universe where carbs are the diet food! My brain still has trouble believing this is really happening...

as far as the cake, I fully intend to have some, its not tasting the cream cheese frosting beforehand which will give me trouble- I think I'd be happy eating CCF off a spoon, and forget the cake, i eat the cake cause it s the vehicle for the frosting
  #206   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-14, 09:54

Happy with this mornings weight of 178.4. I knew it would swing up after yesterday's fried rm but this is under my most recent weight by average, so I'm good with it.
Will make my sore self get on my exercise bike today, want to have a good weekend re exercise and loss.

breakfast cm today was (yes, I eat odd things for breakfast):
1-5th street grill turkey sausage, 1/2 small homegrown poblano with 1 wedge laughing cow spicy jack cheese, 2 homegrown cherry tomatoes, 1 serving of homemade green tomato salsa. 1 oz. half and half in my coffee.
  #207   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-14, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
I'm amazed at the stuff I'm eating while losing weight too!

I love the way I get to eat while losing...and think I will love maintenance on CALP as well.
  #208   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-14, 06:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi!
Had every meal out the last few days and it shows. I'm up a couple of pounds, but I'm also all swollen (rings tight, eyes look tight too). So I'm hoping this too shall pass (LOL).
Last night we went to a potluck, and I did NOT bring a big salad- and of course no one else did either so no salad. I had a glass of wine, brisket, cole slaw, fava beans in olive oil, and a piece of some kind of cherry cake. Oh and a bottle of water.
Today I am planning on going out to dinner with a friend, and will pick a place I can get a big salad with salmon.
Later-
E
  #209   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-14, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi!
Had every meal out the last few days and it shows. I'm up a couple of pounds, but I'm also all swollen (rings tight, eyes look tight too). So I'm hoping this too shall pass (LOL).
Last night we went to a potluck, and I did NOT bring a big salad- and of course no one else did either so no salad. I had a glass of wine, brisket, cole slaw, fava beans in olive oil, and a piece of some kind of cherry cake. Oh and a bottle of water.
Today I am planning on going out to dinner with a friend, and will pick a place I can get a big salad with salmon.
Later-
E

Good to hear from you...it's rough dealing with that restaurant salt attack, isn't it? LOL.
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-14, 08:42

Default Just over 190 pounds now lost

I'm very happy with today's new weight by average. I lost .9 of a pound from last week, which takes my total lost to 190.11.

I've 37.89 pounds to go

Wahoo!!