Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2716   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 17:13

Plan: SoBe
Stats: 175/165/145 Female 5'8
BF:?
Progress: 33%

OK LADIES. I POSted a current photo in "during" gallery!
Sponsored Links
  #2717   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-07, 21:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

aww jilllibean get back on the wagon... how did you "fall off so badly" whatd ya do??
  #2718   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 07:07

i binged for like the last 4 days i feel like crap. but hey, todays a new day right?
  #2719   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 07:26

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am so bloated. Just weighed in at 145.6. Yesterday's menu consisted of a bologna and cheese sandwhich, some spinach, and water all day. Then last night after work I had 2 mozz sticks, 2 chicken tenders, a few french fries, and a few onion rings. I've been drinking water and it's not helping this bloatedness I always get. Anyone have any tips? Any vitamins or anything I can take? I may head to Vitamin World or GNC today.
  #2720   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 09:02

I've decided to do a 6 week (2 month) body makeover- cheat free plan. i'm so excited because cheating has really been getting me down as of lately.

maybe you ladies would like to get bikini ready with me for summer?
  #2721   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 09:10

BF:

6 week body makeover im all over that if i dont start lifting weights imm gonna look like crap in a bikini and it is already bikini weather here i was out at my pool all day yesterday it was like 90 all day beautiful weather

as for the vitamins... nothing can magically get rid of what you ate or make a bloat disappear... i do know like natural things like parsely and cinnamon halp bloat and keeping your blood sugar from going haywire if your following low carb
  #2722   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 09:10

BF:

6 week body makeover im all over that if i dont start lifting weights imm gonna look like crap in a bikini and it is already bikini weather here i was out at my pool all day yesterday it was like 90 all day beautiful weather

as for the vitamins... nothing can magically get rid of what you ate or make a bloat disappear... i do know like natural things like parsely and cinnamon halp bloat and keeping your blood sugar from going haywire if your following low carb
  #2723   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 09:49

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%
Exclamation

Body Makeover's sound like a good motivation!

Jess if your looking for a multivitamin I reccommend Panacea, carbon based orgainic multivitamin. This stuff is amazing!! It is absorbed into your blood stream in less than three minutes. It gets rid of impurities and gives you all the minerals you need. It's $60 a bottle (bottle = 1 month) so it's not cheap. but it's worth it!

Well ladies, I guess I was just holding water weight or something because today I stepped on the scale and weighed 141.8! I can't believe it. I've lost 5 pounds in two days. I won't be surprised tomorrow if it's up a pound, i know my body fluctuates. But I'm glad i'm going in the right direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALLORY08
try coming to this board and maybe write what youre thinking about or feeling... and complete it with how you WILL FEEL after you overeat/binge/cave in... and it may help you a lot b/c i can not for the life of me stand how i feel the entire week if i touch sugar or flour.... but that is just me i do know everyone is different....

I Agree with Mallory. Girls, this is a decision and a commitment. You either follow the plan or not. I know we all fall off the wagon sometimes but when that happens really reeavulate how important weightloss is for you. so next time you can be stronger. If you get in the habit of quiting it is hard to break. Stop reacting to your cravings. observe it, acknowledge it, and then say "I want this chocolate chip cookie, but I'm going to eat this peice of chicken instead!" and then celebrate that!! i found that as long as my mind was strong i was okay. and the longer I kept it strong the easier it got.

Also, PLAN AHEAD!!
1. Don't wait until it's to late for you to make a good decision.
2. Keep legal foods in the house
3. go shopping when your not hungry
4. always take snacks that will curb your cravings.

I had a realization awhile back and it was that I'm not going to be free from anything I eat. My weight and how I feel is always going to be controled by how I eat. So I figured I'm going to stop the vicuois cycle of feeling crummy because of food and put good food in my body. I will always gain weight if I cheat. so, I might as well not cheat. This may have come out more stern, but I mean it with all the love I have. I want everyone in this forum to see success and find a stable place that they can live at and finally get off the rollercoaster of food! The rollercoaster is fun for awhile but eventually you get sick and throw up.

Good luck everyone! Be strong for first a minute, then an hour, then a day.
  #2724   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 17:18

BF:

can i second third and fourth katieAZ's opinion! hahah i totally agree
  #2725   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

Jilli - Your new pictures are stunning! You are so pretty.

Katie - Congrats on the drop in weight. I haven't dropped under 147 for over a month now. I am hoping this is the week that I drop weight again. I am actually pretty content at the size I'm at. I just wish my stomach would be flatter!
  #2726   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 21:39

Stats: 155/150.6/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey everyone,

I would love to join the 6 week body make over. I've been bad for a week now and tired of it. Need people I can depend on to keep m on track and help keep them on track.

So when do we start?
  #2727   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-07, 22:51
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'm for the 6week challenge. Day 3 is tomorrow for me.

I've noticed that if I don't eat breakfast that I have a harder time staying on plan. But that is something I've observed.

Katie- 5lb loss? Wow!!!!! That is so awesome!
  #2728   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 06:19

OK LADIES. today is the start of the 6 week body plan!

ill post more about it later! ROCK IT!
  #2729   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 06:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Vpeach, yes anytime I skip breakfast I'm starving by noon. I've always heard that breakfast is the most important meal; if you skip it, it makes losing weight even harder.

So, I'm back up to 163 since eating solid foods again. Blah. I knew 160 couldn't last too long... I guess it didn't help that I went to a wedding this weeking and ate a big hunk of cake! But, i deserved it, I seriously hadn't eaten hard food since Tuesday, so a piece of cake shouldn't have killed me. This weight game is so frustrating. I don't anything except slimfast for 4 days and I lose 4 pounds, then I have 1 damn piece of cake and I gain back 3! Why! Why is life so freakin' unfair...

OK. I'm done ranting for now. I'll let it go. But I was so looking forward to the 150's...
  #2730   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 06:53

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAZ
Body Makeover's sound like a good motivation!

Jess if your looking for a multivitamin I reccommend Panacea, carbon based orgainic multivitamin. This stuff is amazing!! It is absorbed into your blood stream in less than three minutes. It gets rid of impurities and gives you all the minerals you need. It's $60 a bottle (bottle = 1 month) so it's not cheap. but it's worth it!

Well ladies, I guess I was just holding water weight or something because today I stepped on the scale and weighed 141.8! I can't believe it. I've lost 5 pounds in two days. I won't be surprised tomorrow if it's up a pound, i know my body fluctuates. But I'm glad i'm going in the right direction!

I Agree with Mallory. Girls, this is a decision and a commitment. You either follow the plan or not. I know we all fall off the wagon sometimes but when that happens really reeavulate how important weightloss is for you. so next time you can be stronger. If you get in the habit of quiting it is hard to break. Stop reacting to your cravings. observe it, acknowledge it, and then say "I want this chocolate chip cookie, but I'm going to eat this peice of chicken instead!" and then celebrate that!! i found that as long as my mind was strong i was okay. and the longer I kept it strong the easier it got.

Also, PLAN AHEAD!!
1. Don't wait until it's to late for you to make a good decision.
2. Keep legal foods in the house
3. go shopping when your not hungry
4. always take snacks that will curb your cravings.

I had a realization awhile back and it was that I'm not going to be free from anything I eat. My weight and how I feel is always going to be controled by how I eat. So I figured I'm going to stop the vicuois cycle of feeling crummy because of food and put good food in my body. I will always gain weight if I cheat. so, I might as well not cheat. This may have come out more stern, but I mean it with all the love I have. I want everyone in this forum to see success and find a stable place that they can live at and finally get off the rollercoaster of food! The rollercoaster is fun for awhile but eventually you get sick and throw up.

Good luck everyone! Be strong for first a minute, then an hour, then a day.

Well said and all 100% true. Yesterday was great for me except that I know I didnt eat enough. only about 600 cals. however I had tons of water, and I found out raisins are good for potassium so I ate some of them. Back down to 142.6 today, still feel a bit bloated but nothing like yesterday. I went for a good 45 min walk yesterday with Jarred, it was sooo nice out. Then worked for a few hours, but I was busy all day doing laundry, grocery shopping (for only healthy things!!) and taking care of Brendon. Today I will have a bit of time to work out before going into work all night, so hopefully I can see the 130's soon. My goal is 125 by June 21. I, too don't like eating breakfast but I'm having a little bit of something or else I will be really hungry later. Hope everyone has a great cheat free Monday!!!
Closed Thread