Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2671   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 14:33

Plan: Dr. Atkin's
Stats: 216/206.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

angie ~ welcome! we love to have new girls join our thread. the more the merrier!

jilli ~ so glad you're back! you and jess are in the same boat...don't worry - no lectures or guilt here. just lots of encouragement and support! get back on track and you'll feel better in no time.

holly ~ i'm TOTALLY IN for a cheat-free monday with you! isn't it great to have everyone back? i love it...

kutaylor ~ welcome back to you too! just do the best you can and i'm sure you'll look FAB for your wedding, you're already on a good start with the walking. be sure to post tons of pics ok?

katie ~ congrats on the loss and the great workout! wish i could swim for that long.

i'm so happy that everyone is back and this thread is ALIVE again!
Sponsored Links
  #2672   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 18:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Wow Ladies

Great Chat going! WOOHOO! SO proud of all of you for starting over after a cheating binge. i remember back in the day (before I gained it back ..clearing throat...) it was so hard to get back on track. so i know how hard it is. thats why every time i think about eating something "yummy" i remeber how hard it is to start over again. so kuddos to you all for making that switch back to low carb!!! thanks for all the good jobs on the two lb loss! i was excited and hope to do it again really soon! having some stressfull times with work and family but am sticking with it. i have come to the idea of looking at food for just nurishment...have to eat to stay alive, not to endulge myself. easier said than done (especially at starbucks) but i will be off THAT bandwagon soon! darn SF latte still has carbs that i should be eating in other foods! anyway, hope everyone had a cheat free monday and to a totally tastey carb free TUESDAY!
  #2673   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:17

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Katie - Haven't had the teeth out yet. Tomorrow morning (Tuesday) at 9. Woohoo... I'm so not looking forward to this, but I'll be really happy once it's finally over. I'm sure I'll tell you guys all about it by Wednesday...

So, it's going to be pretty easy for me to be cheat-free tomorrow! ha, ha...
  #2674   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi! New here. I am 25, live in Louisville, KY. I moved here 2 years ago from San Diego, CA. Previously lived in Portland, OR, Kailua, HI (had to mention it since one of you live there), Los Angeles, and Texas.

Ive gained 30lbs since meeting the boyfriend, and I MUST lose it! He is on the diet too! Tomorrow is 1 week, and I feel gooood. Nice to find support on the forums here!
  #2675   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:27
Registered Member

Stats: 185/160/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hiya ladies!! My name is Heather, I'm 28, and I need to lose about 40 lbs. I have to say it's really nice to see women banding together instead of competing and being nasty!! I promise to stop by and report my successes and week moments from time to time. I feel newly inspired to see so much support and goodwill.
  #2676   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:31

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Welcome Night Nurse and Heather! This really is a very supportive board and I hope to see you often.

Well, I stayed on plan all day. For dinner I made a new recipe-Mexican Spinach and Beef Casserole. I thought that it was really good, but my fiance gets sick of me substituting all noodles for spinach! But he eats it all the same....

I walked for 90 minutes today, but my back still hurts from carrying the water heater downstairs yesterday that I still didn't do a FIRM video like I wanted to. I hope everyone had a great Monday!!
  #2677   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:32

BF:

NightNurse-How do you like Louisville? I visit there a lot for business. I love 4th Street Live and what is that awesome restaurant in the Galt House? They make some wonderful, wonderful cosmos!
  #2678   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:35
Registered Member

Stats: 190/178/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 30%

I LOVE it here! I am a west coast gal, but adjusted . Lots to do, nice people, cheap, lots of jobs. And met a great guy! Not many of those in San Diego LOL!
  #2679   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 22:28
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

Alright. Day 1 down cheat free.

It was hard. I wanted a chocolate truffle...but I said no. yay!

It's funny how alot of us disappeared. We need each other to stay strong!
  #2680   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 06:18

Plan: DANDR + '72
Stats: 250/214/139 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I cheated and I feel like shit now. I'm going to go to the work toilets and have a cry. My 61 in 61 challenge might die an early death!
  #2681   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 07:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

Heyyyy Dont Let A Cheat Get You Down... One Cheat Is Easier To Bounce Back From Especially To Get Into Keitosis Than A Week Or Day Long Cheat... You Got It In You Girl Just Stay Cheat Free And Load Up On Good Food So You Dont Feel Tempted On An Empty Stomach To Grab A No No Food!
  #2682   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 07:52

BF:

Every single time I fall off the wagon, I always feel like crap and get down on myself and just feel depressed. But when you get like this, think about how GOOD it feels to be cheat free for 3 days. After those three days you feel deflated, sexier, slimmer and just better! Just focus on getting three days in and it will all fall into place! I'm on day 3 now!

Only 18 days until I leave for the wedding-weight: 140.0
  #2683   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 07:58

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Night nurse and heather welcome to the board! Yeah, it's really supportive here. I hope you have an awesome journey with weightloss success.

Sharn~DON'T WORRY ABOUT ONE CHEAT!! It's an entire lifestyle change. You are bound to make mistakes getting to your goal. the important thing is to get back on. it's not about perfection it's about persistance.

Mallory~it's probably good you didn't do the firm video if your back hurts. you should rest it till there is no more pain. trust me. I have had back problems and you don't want to aggravate it.

VPeach~ good job on cheat free monday! Cheat free KATIE'S B-DAY (aka Tuesday)

Hula girl~I hope your baby and you are happy and healthy.

MDallas~congrats on staying strong!! Keep it up!

Everyone else~Keep truckin'

Phew* That was a lot! The board is definetely ALIVE!! Well here is the big news........I LOST ANOTHER POUND! 144 BABY!! oh yeah......and it's my B-Day

Cheat free Katie's B-Day!!
  #2684   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 10:20

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Okay, I'm a little addicted to this website now. Here is an update on the B-Day. I woke up last night and started stressing about my afterschool class and that I think they are planning to bring treats for me. Now they may think it's nice, but I think it's evil. Evil Sugar! So I formulated a plan to head them off at the pass. Today, before work I went to the store and bought strawberries and whipped cream. Therefore, they get a treat from me!! If they still bring me stuff I'll take some and then throw it away after they leave. I don't want there sugar!! I don't think I even like sugar anymore.

Menu:
Protein shake, whey, egg whey, calcium, green food, strawberries, blueberries, fish oil
2 String cheese
Salmon
avocado
Strawberries, whipped cream
Dinner with BF.

Okay, I really must get back to work!
  #2685   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 11:48

BF:

Good plan Katie. Where are you going to dinner?
Closed Thread