Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-08, 17:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default West Florida Low Carbers

Anyone in West Florida. I am near Pensacola Fla. In Pace...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 22:14
Registered Member

Stats: 387/315/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hey, I am in Niceville! How is your diet going?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-24-08, 15:56

BF:

Ladyberg I am doing ok so far. down about five lbs. now. But only been on low carb for alittle over a week now thats all.
I think I am doing good.
I have been exercising alot to and its made me sore all over. I took some alieve to relieve some of the sore muscles so I could sleep last night.
I never did much exercise and now I am trying to, what my weight permits me to do and it just got all my muscles sore.
I have been walking more trying to strengthen my legs some, they are so weak sometimes I can barely stand on them. I talked to the doctor about it and he said it was because I was big and inactive and that they would strengthen up as I lost weight and exercised more. Sure hope he is right because it has me worried something may be wrong.
Will see you probably on Tuesday since Monday is a Holiday.
Have a nice week-end.

#4   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 13:15
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, hang in there. I just started exercising. Couldn't handle it when I was heavier. I had to focus on the diet, getting the weight off and then just a few months ago, when I had about 80 pounds off, i began walking, and yes it was hard and I hurt too, but just kept doing it, and feel better now. You can do it!!! Have a good weekend, thank goodness for a long weekend!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 12:52

BF:

Ladyberg, I am trying my best to hang in here and lose this weight.
I just wish I could do some sort of exercise but I get so exhausted when I try to walk or do anything. I am walking alittle but thats all, but I get to huffing and puffing when I do walk.
Maybe when I lose some of this weight on me I will do better with the exercise.
My eating is going ok even over the Holiday week-end. I am determined to lose this weight.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-29-08, 17:42
Registered Member

BF:

ugh, I had horrible time with my diet over the holiday!! gained 5 pounds and struggling this week to work it off. Are you doing atkins diet? Just take small steps with your exercise, you'll feel better after a while! I've lost 2 of the 5, have 3 to go....and then a 100 more.....
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 14:12

BF:

Sorry to have been gone but my other computer got fried by the lightning and I had to go buy a new one and just now getting it all set up.
I am doing ok with my eating so far, did stray some but got right back onto plan. I was down two pounds when I seen my doctor last week.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 18:51
Registered Member

BF:

Man, I know how it is to be without your computer!!! Still sticking with it. I did lose my 5 pounds I gained and have lost 3 more. Got real busy and missed the gym for a few weeks, but back in business now. Trying to push myself a little more at the gym, so that's my focus right now. I did both the treadmill and elyptical machine tonight and I am worn out!!! right now I am watching the bachelorette, and then going to bed!!! Keep up the good work!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 11:46

BF:

I am trying to get more exercise to but all my exercise is in the pool.
Doing ok with my eating. have not weighed in awhile thogh so don't know if I have lost any weight.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-08, 13:33

Stats: 176/124/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%
Default Panhandle Florida Low Carbers

Aloha West Florida!!!!!

I'm recently relocated to Florida from Hawaii, but am from the South. Congrats on your decision to go low carb!!!! Way to go!!!!

I started almost this time 2 years ago working really slow, finding ways to stay on the induction phase without starving (or overeating). I began my excercise program the same way, a little at a time but consistent and regular. I did see my doctor every 6 months during the first year and a half, so she was in the loop.

Thunderstorm coming so I'll write more later, gotta turn off the PC.

Happy LCing!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 13:01

BF:

Cookncajun, nice to hear from you.
I to am going slowlky with my low carb. I lost alot in the year 2000 and 2001 but gained some back when I went through multiple back surgeries and was layed up for so long. But when I could get around again i got back on it and began losing again but it was harder for me for some reason this time around. SDo I went slow with induction and tried not to get hungry so i ate small meals more often and did ok like that so thats what i am still doing. Losing alittle every now and then but doing ok and just taking my time with it.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-08, 19:45
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome back to Florida! I am at about 10 months LCing, and have done better on this diet than any I have ever been on. I didn't do so well this holiday weekend, but I am back on track since Monday. Got keep fightin' for it!!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 12:21
Registered Member

Stats: 150/120/100 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 60%

I grew up in Tarpon Springs!