Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 06:33

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 191/189/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question Has anyone tried 10 minute trainer with Tony Horton

Has anyone seen and tried the 10 minute trainer with Tony Horton? I've been seeing it on infomercials? I have a 9 yr. old and 2 yr. old and work full time. I was considering it. I know that you have to "stack" at least two 10 minute workouts (doesn't have to be done all at once in one day). Just wanted to know anyone else thoughts on this beachbody program, before spending the money to get it (whether thru ebay or the beachbody website--either way it's going to cost $70-100).

--Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-08, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/272.5/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I haven't tried it yet, but I did catch the infomercial over the weekend and put my order in for it.

I've done several of BeachBody's exercise videos (Slim in 6 and Power 90 w/Tony Horton) and really enjoyed them. I also ordered Tony Horton's excercise DVD for children, and my kids used to do it all the time.

They give you a serious workout and, once you get over the initial learning curve for the moves, it was great. However, as the infomercial points out, they took 45m-1h from start to finish. I've been out of the habit of exercising and getting into it again has been particularly difficult for me. I just look at them and say, "jeez, I really don't want to do this for an hour" or I just don't have the time right now (I work full-time, am in grad school for 2 courses a term, have 2 young children, a husband and a 6 month old puppy).

So, I figured I'd spend the money and get this new set of DVDs since, as they say, everyone has 10 minutes! I can fit 10 minutes in here and there and it's not as daunting as an hour.

Reading several reviews about the DVDs though, it's not actually 10 minutes. It's 10 min of actual exercise time (doesn't include the warm up or cool down, or the instruction portions of the DVD). The real-time is more like 15 minutes or so. Also, from what I read, they start you out doing the one "total body" DVD a day (so 10-15m), and then after a few days or a week, you're supposed to "stack" more workouts in there. The recommended number is 3 of the 10-15m workouts in a day. The good news about this though is that you can do them either all at once, or you can break it up and do the 10m total body in the morning ,and the 10m abs in the afternoon, etc.

That's all the info that I have currently, but I'll post after I get them and try them out. Should be in 2-3 weeks (5-7 business days for shipping followed by a week of me trying them out).
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 07:50

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 191/189/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Gidget,
Thanks for replying. Let me know how it goes. I know Tony Horton's workouts can be a little tense (my friend had a video-think it was before P90).