Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 21:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179/153/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Restaurants--Low Carb-ers Unite

As a server in a small restaurant, I see daily how many of us there really are out there. In my area of the country--central Oregon- restaurants are just beginning to recognize OUR needs when dining out. I have found a few with some low carb selections, but it is up to all of us to let restaurant owners and managers know that we want more choices--not just the standard "no hashbrowns, no toast" that we are stuck with generally. The bakery industry has taken a hard hit due to our lifestyle, and they have begun offering lots of low carb selections. We need to impact the restaurant industry now. Don't feel bad ordering your foods the way you want them. Our money is just as good as anyone else's. WE ARE Low-CARB-ers and we spend money dining out!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 06:35

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up

It's not only low carbers. I've noticed in many restaurants, the kids meals are pretty much the same. A main thing and FRIES. You have to special order a side salad/green vegetable for your child, it's not an option in the kid's meals. I realize they're just putting out what people usually order, but it'd be nice if they made it a bit more balanced. When I was Atkinsing in restaurants (I've switched to CAD, so can just order the regular) I could order it, but sometimes the kitchen would make a mistake and put gravy on it anyway. I realize they're doing it out of habit, but it is annoying. It most likely would help, on both sides, if they had meals set up to be low carb. It would make it easier for diabetics too. Not necessarily special items, just setups with no potatoes/pasta/bread. With a meat not breaded/gravied, and perhaps two low carb vegetables. There's a restaurant I love, Cracker Barrel, but there were about two things I could order and be low carb. Steak and green beans and salad. (Pick off the croutons, which I still do, don't like em) Pork chops and green beans and salad. Or I'm sorry, turnip greens. But, my H hates when I eat them as I like vinegar on them. (He hates the smell of vinegar, yet salad dressing doesn't bother him?) The rest are too high carb. Carrots, peas, corn. You may wonder why I care, but what if one day I had my RM at lunch? I'd need a low carb dinner.