Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-11, 16:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default 1 year on LC 75 pounds gone~!

Hello my LC friends!
I would like to celebrate my birthday today and my 1 year on LC success. It started off in 2009 when my friends at work went on a LC diet. I couldn't give up my precious carbs though, right? Fast forward to my Wedding....I looked good in my dress but I wish I was this size! On Christmas '09 my Sister in Law's girlfriend told me how she lost 100 lbs by not eating bread. Sounds easy right? With my last dinner before my diet I ate a steak with a baked potato at work and asked my friend , "Does potatos have a lot of carbs in them?" I was clueless! She handed my Atkins 72 and I read it cover to cover I was ready! We started a biggest loser contest at work. I lost 25 lbs the first 10 weeks on the diet. I felt amazing! Nobody really noticed 25 lbs on me gone though but I felt it. I steadily lost weight throughout spring and summer slowing down to 2 lbs a week. Fall and Winter hit and it's only 1 lb a week not but it's still coming off so I don't mind. Everone started noticing recently though. People at work who don't really know me but saw me all the time are coming up like, "WOW, what are you doing?!" It feels pretty cool.
It has been easy staying on the WOE, you feel great and start looking great and that's the motivation that keeps you going. The hardest part of the diet is everyone's negativity surrounding LC. I have been told I'm going to get a heart attack, my brain won't function without grains, etc.
I have gotten my Dad to do the diet and he's down 25 lbs and that's awesome. Some of my friends did it but they couldn't give up their precious carbs. They don't even taste good to me anymore!
My secrets are do the research, stay involved, get on this forum, read all the info you can...I youtube low carb diets all the time and listen to podcasts. Remember if you cheat...it happens don't kick yourself!.....just get right back on plan the next MEAL!
Di'Vinci syrups are awesome too. I wasn't a big coffee person but now I love some Di'Vinvi syrups and cream in my coffee instead of a desert. Just have fun with it and have fun with the recipes. I promise before long you will be an awesome cook! I hope I am some MOTIVATION for someone because you can do it! I did! 25 more lbs until I have lost 100 lbs and I'm going to have a huge "Katie lost 100 lbs" party! I still want to lose at least 50 more lbs though. 2011 will be awesome
I plan on getting pregnant in September and I know losing all these LBS will definitly help me!

Last edited by fire_dancr : Thu, Jan-06-11 at 16:55.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-11, 17:20

Plan: Lighterlife (UK) sort of!
Stats: 397/244/173 Male 6'2"
BF:50.1%/31.3%/22.2%
Progress: 68%

You will be there sooner than you expect! You're doing the right stuff, your head's in the right place, you have the motivation and the desire, so what's to hang about for? As the weather improves, you'll gear up a bit more and you won't let yourself be conned into plateauing; that's just a challenge you'll adjust to should it arise.

Otherwise you'll barrel through that final 50 like gangbusters! Ain't no stopping you now!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 14:19

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

You are amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 75 lbs is such a great result for a years work!!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 14:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Awesome hun!! You are amazing, WTG!!!