Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-06, 13:58
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Enough is enough...

I have been slipping and sliding for a few months now. Gaining and losing about 5 lbs. I eat good for about a week and then cheat or even worse, I binge.

Enough is enough. I know it's the holidays now. However I have worked to hard and come to far to get set back like this. I have lost my focus and seem to think I am skinny or healthy already.

I'M NOT!!!!!!!!!

So starting today, as much as I have to say I am starting over. I want a clean start and to go back to the way I once was. I have totally lost my focus and I know many of us fall into that.

I am a total food addict/compulsive overeater. Knowing that, I need to change.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-06, 15:04

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

i feel the same way but i have actually gained back half the weight i lost and im FED UP! time to stay strong and do whats right for our bodies! hugs sweety!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 16:26

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

OKAY!!! Whats the plan?!?!?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 10:47
WONJ#3

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
OKAY!!! Whats the plan?!?!?

So the plan is this...

No more cheats. No more sugar and flour. I am going to allow myself Thanksgiving which is coming up this week, but even then, I will not do sugar, which is one of my main problems. Since writing this originally I have went back to low carb and and I am doing the 3 meals a day with nothing in between, otherwise I end up lowcarbing and just eating weaaay to much still.

I also need to keep myself busy. When I have too much time on my hands I eat. As well as I need to write more in my journal to relieve stress instead of eating over it.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 14:16

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I had to jump in......join in! I'm jumping on the ride with you guys if you don't mind.

I need to start over and stop eating sugar. I just posted about whipped topping. Only being 1 gram of sugar and carb per serving, but I find myself eating 7 servings worth on my sf Jello. I binge on the food I can have with low carb, so it is not really LC anymore.

I want to get down to 145 by New Year's. I will have turkey and veggies for Thanksgiving. No rolls or dessert. Promise!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 16:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTwacky
So the plan is this...

No more cheats. No more sugar and flour. I am going to allow myself Thanksgiving which is coming up this week, but even then, I will not do sugar, which is one of my main problems. Since writing this originally I have went back to low carb and and I am doing the 3 meals a day with nothing in between, otherwise I end up lowcarbing and just eating weaaay to much still.

Awesome! But can I add, in my experience that when I forcfully say to myself "NO NO NO", i end up rebelling...against my self for goodness sake!

So just be prepared, and have some ready treats available. Etc..
Ive seen you around these boards since I started and you're a vetran!! Just think back to what worked best for you.
Keeping busy is good. Help clean and wash the dishes, make sure everyone is comfy and thier drinks are full. Might keep you preoccupied
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 17:25
WONJ#3

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan
Awesome! But can I add, in my experience that when I forcfully say to myself "NO NO NO", i end up rebelling...against my self for goodness sake!

So just be prepared, and have some ready treats available. Etc..
Ive seen you around these boards since I started and you're a vetran!! Just think back to what worked best for you.
Keeping busy is good. Help clean and wash the dishes, make sure everyone is comfy and thier drinks are full. Might keep you preoccupied

HAHAH...ya I sorta am a Veteran. I've been around for 3 years and still haven't hit goal yet!! What does that tell ya???

Well I'll share what my plan for Thanksgiving is. I'm not gonna go all out. I have ordered Sugar Free pie so I don't feel deprived and get resentful.

So far I have been weighing and measuring my food today and already, just because I know I am taking action towards positive change, I feel my mood and energy changing.

I'd like to lose 10 lbs by Christmas. Which I think is totally doable.

Anyone else is more than welcome to join in here and we can cheer each other on.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-06, 18:01

BF:

Quote:
HAHAH...ya I sorta am a Veteran. I've been around for 3 years and still haven't hit goal yet!! What does that tell ya???

Hey sista- who says its always the destination!
All I kow is that I see progress in those pics of yours.
We've already had our Thanksgiving and oddlt,I wasnt all that stressed about it. I packed in the turkey, TONS of water and did all those little extras while people were rubbing their tummys and un-doing their belts!

Also did a hardcore workout earlier in the day to elimiate some guilt.
Over indulging on LC feels alot better than the alternative!
I stuffed myself this weekend...STUFFED and this morning felt unbelivable tighter!
I know that will happen for you too!
10lbs by Xmas? 5 weeks? 2 lbs per week. Probably more if you have wat-a retention. SOOO DO-able!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-06, 06:19
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Anyone else is more than welcome to join in here and we can cheer each other on.

I want to join in with you! I've been cheat free for three days now but I am hitting the LC convenience foods hard. I need to stop with all the bars/shakes/ice cream/etc and go back to clean eating!

I need to make it through the holidays. My goal is to lose 15 pounds which I think should be pretty easy because I am severly carbed up right now and a few days back on clean eating I should be down to where I was two weeks ago (162).
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-04-06, 17:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:

It tells me we are in the same boat, 3 years for me too, no goal weight in sight and your slip ups and cheats scenario is a page right out of my book....
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-06, 21:05
Registered Member

Stats: 170/125/120 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 90%

MsTwacky
You and I could be soulmates, I too am having the same troubles. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy for the past couple of months. I too need to focus and move away from why food is so important in my life. Sigh...I have so many positive things to look forward to, so why does food still hold such sway over me? I may never be completely free from my desire to eat, but at least I used to be able to control it! I've decided to kick start with a clean slate, a meat and egg fast, to cleanse my system. However, Thanksgivings in less than a week and I'm so nervous that I'm gonna binge...I'm already dreaming about the food that I can eat!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-21-06, 07:42
Registered Member

Stats: 170/125/120 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Last week I binged, right before Thanksgiving too! Ugh, I hate when I do that but by now I'm already down again. My binge was triggered by the scale when it read 126lbs, I wanted it to be closer to 120lb, and flipped out a bit. This time I've decided to not bring the scale into the picture until later and judge by how my clothing fits and feels.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-06, 18:55

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzbtchb
Last week I binged, right before Thanksgiving too! Ugh, I hate when I do that but by now I'm already down again. My binge was triggered by the scale when it read 126lbs, I wanted it to be closer to 120lb, and flipped out a bit. This time I've decided to not bring the scale into the picture until later and judge by how my clothing fits and feels.

That is the only way you know how you are doing. All by the feel of the clothes you wear, NOT by the scale. I wish people would get rid the thing. It causes confusion, bitterness, and a lot of unessary grief. I think I weigh myself about once every couple of months. My guide is the feel of my clothing
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-23-06, 07:31

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

OMG, you are so right!!! I am totally addicted to the scale and know it. I find myself getting on it 2-3 times a day. It controls your mood, when your weight is down your mood is up and when the scale is up your mood is down.

I put on a pair of jeans today that I bought on ebay about a year ago and I could not even get them up over my thighs before. Today I could put them on, button them and sit down. WOW- I need to go by clothing not scales.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-23-06, 10:40

Stats: 182/145.5/140 Male 66 in
BF:11
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtbichic
I put on a pair of jeans today that I bought on ebay about a year ago and I could not even get them up over my thighs before. Today I could put them on, button them and sit down. WOW- I need to go by clothing not scales.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

When I am asked how much weight do I want to lose, I answer, "until my waistline isn't sucked in tight to get my pants closed. Whatever weight that is. My posted target is just a frame of reference.

Ditto to all on the Thanksgiving greetings.