Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 14:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 416/369/185 Male 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%
Question Sitting down excercise videos???

I have very bad knees and can't do much weight bearing excercise. Does anyone know of any excercise videos you do sitting down, maybe with hand weights?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:48

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I know what you mean by having bad knees!! I too find that most exercises are tough on the knees - expecially afterwards. I can walk for about 20 - 25 min., but if I do anymore I can't sleep all night. Jumping up and down to a video would be a two or three day pain filled experience.
I have been trying to do my upper arms by holding on the arms of my chair and lowering and raising myself. It at least helps a bit!!!
I have been thinking of getting one of those big balls and using that to do some things. I watched someone on one and they did situps and a few other things that I thought I might be able to handle.. I would need to get one of the bigger ones, though.
It looks like you have been doing very well with losing.
Keep up the good fight!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:49

Plan: Low Glycemic
Stats: 298/300/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Too much!
Progress: -1%

Hello. There's one called Body Flex Plus by Greer Childers. The only way I know you can get it is online. You get a video and this workout bar with an elastic band. I have it and I'm going to restart this weekend. The session lasts about 15 minutes or so. I'm also one that needs to start with easy exercise. There's a website bodyflex.com or you might be able to search and find it for a cheaper price. I forgot how much it cost. Good luck and keep up the good work.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 16:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/187/135 Female 5'4"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 16%

Have you tried pilates? Allmost all exercises are laying or sitting down. It uses your "powerhouse" (abs) to stabalize you while you do various movements. It gives you a flat tummy and long, lean muscles. This is what ballet dancers and the like use. I have had great results after only a few weeks of use. I believe there is more info in the exercise forum if you are interested.
Good Luck,
Leigh
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 17:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%

I have horrible knees, they like to give out when i am walking and swell up to about 2 times thier normal size and i cant walk dor at least a day. I have started doing pilates its all on your back or sitting and it is really a work out. you might also want to try yoga it is slow and no bouncing around and i have done it many time and only had my knee give out once on me. and trust me even though it does not look like a work out you WILL feel it the next day.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 19:08

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

I have heard these workouts are great for people who have bad knees or for people who cannot stand for very long. I will try to get the name of some. As some of my patients use and enjoy them very much!
M-

Last edited by Miss Melis : Fri, Jan-02-04 at 19:09.