Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-13, 22:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/133/115 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress:
Default Is it safe here??? :P

Hi!!!! New Here but not to LC eating.

I was searching for a new LC support home...the one I was participating just didnt suit me anymore.....wondering if anyone else knows what I mean
Not trying to break any rules just wondering (my old board has me paranoid about what i can and cant say)

ANYWAY....I re started induction somwhere around Valentines dayish and am at 133lbs....was at 145 a few months ago, so some weight lost.

My goal is 115 max....I am all of 4'10" inches tall so it is in my healthy range.

My smaller goal for the moment is to get down 10 pounds or so.....around 125. I am a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding in May and more importantly the bachelorette weekend in Vegas last weekend in April. I REALLY REALLY don't want to be the fat bridesmaid. KWIM???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-13, 23:00

Plan: Ketogenic + IF
Stats: 240/194/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Welcome!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 00:01

Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoKriss
My smaller goal for the moment is to get down 10 pounds or so.....around 125. I am a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding in May and more importantly the bachelorette weekend in Vegas last weekend in April. I REALLY REALLY don't want to be the fat bridesmaid. KWIM???
I know EXACTLY what you mean! Welcome!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 00:22
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrygirl
I know EXACTLY what you mean! Welcome!

I knew one of the ladies would!!

Thanks for the welcome both of you!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 06:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72/Atkins NANY
Stats: 267/162/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Welcome!

and I know just what you mean about being paranoid about "other boards"! This is only my second attempt at joining a forum like this. I joined another about 2 months ago and was amazed at how, "uppity and territorial" it was. To say that they were unkind and laughed at others is an understatement! Believe exactly what I believe or be forever harassed and/or shunned. I was (and still am) amazed by a select few that only wanted to fight and nobody seemed to want to stop them. lol I'm WAY too old for that kind of nonsense.

I studied on this site for a while before I joined up and I have to tell you, there doesn't seem to be anything but kindness and respect here.

I'm glad we both found our way here!

#6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 13:12
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiJane
Welcome!

and I know just what you mean about being paranoid about "other boards"! This is only my second attempt at joining a forum like this. I joined another about 2 months ago and was amazed at how, "uppity and territorial" it was. To say that they were unkind and laughed at others is an understatement! Believe exactly what I believe or be forever harassed and/or shunned. I was (and still am) amazed by a select few that only wanted to fight and nobody seemed to want to stop them. lol I'm WAY too old for that kind of nonsense.

I studied on this site for a while before I joined up and I have to tell you, there doesn't seem to be anything but kindness and respect here.

I'm glad we both found our way here!

So glad I found a great place.

Another board also major limitations on free speech basically....i had mentioned in a post about being blocked cause i made an honest mistake of making another account....AFTER I had tried and tried to recall my previous account details and could not....mostly because I no longer had access to the email addy I had used to register initially and could not for the life of me remember my old username and other info. I REALLY tried to register under my previous account. I was essentially blocked and then contacted about the double account, I then told them which account i would like to use and they made it hard for me to post (had to wait to be moderater approved and it went on for weeks) I asked them questions and never got answers so I took to the boards for answers and got a SWIFT reply from moderators saying they would not be allowing my post to go up and that I was not allowed to discuss forum rules with anyone via the boards or via private message. That the private messages were monitored too.

Im guite honestly scared of how do they know I had another account when i have a whole different email and computer and new name (got married) I can not figure out HOW they knew I had another account when I could not even figure it out! I ingormed the mods that i was not a terrorist, i was not a trouble maker, but i just wanted a place to come talk about my life style choices with others like me since i have no body in real life who does this or can relate. Its over a month later and Im still being moderated over there and my posts/responses dont go up for 24 hours or more sometimes, i have no ability to private message other users, post photos, or access my own profile because they are teaching me a lesson.......all for a mistake and voicing my concern....and not in a hostile way....just in a way that let them know i felt picked on by mods.

Dont get me wrong.....I believe in not allowing people to online bully others, but complete moderation of free speech........not ok.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 13:20
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Welcome! People are pretty nice here... been here for 8+ years!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 13:22
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Im guite honestly scared of how do they know I had another account when i have a whole different email and computer and new name (got married) I can not figure out HOW they knew I had another account when I could not even figure it out!

Same IP address? Did you have the same internet provider?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 13:51
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Same IP address? Did you have the same internet provider?

I guess that would be it. I believe we have the same internet service provider....i just thought IP address were assigned to individual computers.

I really wasn't trying to do anything bad
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 14:22

Plan: whole food
Stats: 178.2/155/149 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Water under the bridge - this is a great place, welcome and enjoy it!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 14:30
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
I guess that would be it. I believe we have the same internet service provider....i just thought IP address were assigned to individual computers.

I really wasn't trying to do anything bad

Inside your home, each PC has it's own address, but the rest of the world sees you as the IP address of your router. So yeah... that's how they knew it was you.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 14:34

Plan: Atkins- leaning Paleo
Stats: 182/154/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I have found this place to be decent, honest, and caring.
We don't sugarcoat, here... (it IS low carb, after all... ) but neither do we whip out the lash.

Civility reigns, and the hospitality is abundant.
Welcome.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 14:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72/Atkins NANY
Stats: 267/162/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Gotcha. My problem was the fact that if any new person asked a question or shared a thought it would bring out what I called, "the smug crew" who would snidely berate the poster as "believing everything they read on Facebook" or saying that the poster was not very bright. It dumbfounded me that these so-called adults would act so badly and clique-ish without anyone standing up for the innocent.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm dumber than a bag of hair but I would never have thought that asking an innocent question would bring out such mawkish behavior and that the moderators wouldn't have put a stop to it. Heck, some times it would be the moderators who would smart mouth the posters.
Trust me, I realize that the same questions are asked in a million different ways every single day here but I checked these forums out before joining and never saw even a hint of anything remotely condescending from the wonderful folks here.
lol I have to keep a little notebook by my computer to store all my passwords and sites in so I don't forget how to log in.

I don't do Facebook so I don't even know what that reference meant. But then again, I have that box of hair thang going on.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 16:17

Plan: Primal/Paleo Atkins
Stats: 197.5/126/132 Female 63
BF:19.4%
Progress: 109%

I've had some sad experiences myself "out there". It is particularly pathetic when nastiness comes from "moderators" (I use that term loosely, LOL). I've found people here to be very kind and helpful. Welcome!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-13, 17:17

Plan: Paleo-ish general LC
Stats: 151/119/118 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

I left "another board" many many years ago after I had the temerity to suggest that drinking epic amounts of water was not necessarily good for oneself and did not cure anything, and got a general sense of nastiness from the other members. With few rare exceptions, everyone here gets along, the mods let things roll and never much have to intervene, and there's always a lively discussion!