Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-14, 07:56

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Another pair of pants...dead

So....just starting back out and I am still over weight enough that my thighs rub together....badly. My jeans are wearing out but I really do not want to buy more as I know I will be losing down to a smaller size soon. Any suggestions for how to prolong the life of these jeans until I can get down a size and not feel *quite* as bad about replacing them?

Also...does anyone else ever have this issue? I feel so embarrased and it happens with every pair of jeans I buy, almost feel like crying it is just so frustrating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-14, 10:09

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Sure have. Over the years i have had a few pants wear through the thigh section in addition to popping the front button and splitting the seams in the rear.

Then have to waddle shamelessly and sweating to the big man store to spend $$$$ for bigger pairs. That past is part of the "fire" to keep moving forward in my weight loss journey.

Last edited by Maori : Sun, Mar-02-14 at 10:22.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-14, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/154/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Also...does anyone else ever have this issue? I feel so embarrased and it happens with every pair of jeans I buy, almost feel like crying it is just so frustrating.
I have had that happen too and it is very embarrassing and always made me feel even worse about myself.

On the good side, since I've been eating this way I have had trouble staying in the same size very long. So don't despair - just stick to your guns and you'll see a change soon I'm sure!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-14, 11:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:

Not that one, but back seems ripping when I bend over. At school. Had to crab walk sideways until my husband could bring me a new pair. Yeesh. I don't know how you can prolong your current ones, but it should be pretty quick that you can get into the next size down!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-14, 10:24

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

To keep this from happening, put iron on patches on the INSIDE of your pants where your thighs rub together. It has to be done BEFORE the fabric starts to wear out. It's a preventative measure not a remedy

Make sure you get a fairly decent size patch so that they hold up better. Use as hot of an iron as you can for the pants fabric. Colour doesn't really matter as the patches are on the inside (unless white pants then black might show thru for example). They help to reinforce the fabric where it continuously rubs.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-14, 23:12

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:

Thanks for the idea msmum and thanks everyone for the support. I now have patches inside what a strange feeling haha. Feeling a bit better today as the scale budged down size 22 here I come...hopefully soon. (although would love to wait to buy pants until size 20)
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-14, 10:08

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Ya that's the rub (PARDON THE PUN LOL) - it does feel a bit strange on your leg, but really does help. I have to do this on my little boy's right pant leg at the knee. If not, he rips through them. Don't know if that side is extra bony or what but he never rips through the left side
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-14, 18:23

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

I don't commit to pricey jeans because I know I'll be changing sizes. I just get a few at the thrift store as I'm losing and don't feel bad about donating them back either! Keep up the great loss!!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-14, 21:28

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

Yeah happens to me too.

I usually sew patches on the inside once they start wearing out. Msmum is right, it's not a permanent fix because they will continue to fray around the edges of the patches eventually.
Never thought of doing them as a preventative measure, but they do work as a temporary fix. As long as you put them on early enough they can buy you 4-8 more weeks of decent use.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-14, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Balancing
Stats: 313/250/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

I don't know if I have been lucky or just never noticed, but that hasn't happened to me yet (*furiously knocking on wood*) since I have been heavy. However, when I was about 20, and only weighed about 195lbs, I blew out the back of a pair of pants when I was helping a friend lift a motorcycle engine off of a pallet. He thought I passed gas it was so loud.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 20:51
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

My wife loves yard sales and thrift stores. She finds me more 'good as new' clothing items than I can wear. I finally had to tell her to stop. Big people cloths take up a lot of space. I'll be throwing some away very soon.