Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-09, 23:19
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 174/150/125 Female 5 foot 3
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default so stalled, please help me

Maybe I can get some insight. Here is my background info female 25 yrs old, 155 lbs 5'3. According to charts I am almost obese and definitely overweight. I started back on Atkins about 2 months ago at a weight of 165. I also went to a weight loss clinic and I take a px for appetite. In the first 2/3 weeks I got down to 155, my appetite was non existent, but after about 3 weeks in my weight stopped, and it hasn't moved in the past 5 weeks either. My 1st thought was to up my calories BC I figured starvation mode, a week went by and nothing, then I heard to mix up my workout routine, so I added aerobics & weights instead of my usual treadmill & pilates, 5 hrs a week. Still nothing. So I tried a refeed, gained 2 lbs of water weight. Then I decided to try intermittent fasting so I alternated a day of 3 protein shakes w/ a day of regular eating- around 1100 to 1200 cal and 20g carbs. I been doing this for a week with no results. I'm so mad and upset, I have some important events in Nov, I'm going to be on the red carpet, and I can't bear the thought of being seen so heavy, my goal is 125. I feel like at this point, even if I ate water & nothing else till Nov. I still won't hit my goal. What gives? I'm healthy,I take vitamins and omegas. I should be loosing! And a sidenote, I am not becoming a heavy muscle woman, I wouldn't complain if that was the case.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-14-09, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/General Low Carb
Stats: 188/148/120 Female 5  4
BF:really/fat/oink
Progress: 59%

Me personally I would cut out anything but cardio for now.Eat a day of whatever food 2000 or more calories to surprise your body then go to STRICT low carb,not to much dairy.. and LOTS of water.Has worked for my stalls.Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-09, 07:05

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Your profile says you are doing Atkins.... what kind of foods are you eating? Are you eating some of the "high fat" items in Atkins like bacon, heavy cream, etc. If so, nix them now! Add lots of fresh veggies to your daily intake and good proteins such as eggs and some cheese (limited amount) and meat (fish, chicken). Eat 3 meals a day, no snacking and see if that helps.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-09, 11:59
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna post a typical days menu, for you guys to look at, and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Breakfast- 2 eggs, usually scrambled w/ either a morningstar soy sausage( 1 g carb) I do 2 pieces of bacon one a week, about once a week I have a omellete w/ spinach, mushrooms and cheese, or about 3 days a week I have a protein shake for breakfast, occasionally I do the flax meal muffin. So I don't do eggs everyday & I get the organic omega ones. Lunch is usually a eas protein shake w/ 1 carb. Sometimes a trader joes lowfat cheese stick 90 Cal and a 100 cal pack of almonds. I am not really hungry at lunch so I would consider my lunch meal more of like a snack. Dinner, really depends, most days, its somewhere along the lines of a baked chicken breast w a veg like a salad with a little Italian dressing or spinach, garlic and mushrooms sauteed with a bit of olive oil. We go out about 2 times a week, I usually get either a salad or steak and veg, more steak around my period cause I crave it more. So there it is, I hope someone can tell me where I'm going wrong, tia/-
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-09, 12:04
Registered Member

BF:

I forgot to add that I drink 5 bottles a day of water, the bottles r 23.7 oz, maybe 6 of em on the days I workout. I don't do aspartame but I have one splenda in my coffee, its never stalled me in the past. I know my profile says Atkins but I would say I'm more just generally low carb.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-09, 12:27
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 315/307/200 Female 70
BF:44.0
Progress: 7%

1100-1200 cals per day AND working out? Are you measuring yourself? You might be accumulating muscle, and you might not be eating enough calories.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-09, 12:48
Registered Member

BF:

I can't say I have been measuring myself, I will try that, thanks! I think the reason my cals r low is bc the phentermine, I take it every other day, the days I don't take it, I eat a little more portion wise. Ok going to buy a tape measure, does anyone know if its possible to be a size 5, at my height and have a higher weight like 140 or 145? My goal is 125, when I was that size I was a size 5/6, but I would totally be happy at a higher weight if I was still that size-

Last edited by MariJaneTN : Tue, Sep-15-09 at 13:15.