Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-17, 04:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

That would be a sweet big break in the school year JO for about 23 days off not a thing wrong with that LOL any kiddo would love it!! Kiddo has like the 20th to Jan 4 also...have to double check those dates but they seem right for us here also.

Thanks for that link. never thought such a high temp. in cooking. I am gonna break me down on of my chickens soon and make it that way.

Way cool enough here to put the oven back on now

Hubby wants the beach for like Dec 26 to Jan 1. All about if I can get anything booked, working on it tho. Thing is our beaches will be CHILLY but hey I guess I can bring jeans instead of shorts BOO but hey it is still nice to get away, change of scenery of any kind is what I love but I sure love the high heat at the beach and not the cold winds....but will take it of course Trip is too short to try to get to Florida...not in the mood for a long travel time.

well off to mom's today, not much more happening, still playing catch up with stuff around here.

fine day all
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-17, 12:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,
How is everyone doing today?

Sorry I didn’t stop by yesterday got off work picked up Makayla and headed for doc appt. Doc 1 hour late but get through and get in car to head home won’t start! Lucky I
Have the 24 hours emergency road service because my battery was dead. They jump started me and I made it to dealer 2 hours later new battery and alternator and my pocket lighter by 150. Oh well have to drive no other mode of transportation!
Today is much more routine!

Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #138   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 04:23

BF:

ohhh Bernie sorry you got delayed like that. ugh I hate anything that screws up my day that long Glad it was just the battery and not something worse that would really hit the wallet hard!!

HI ALL
quickie
off to moms today. cancelled going yesterday cause kiddo tried to get out of school saying she was super tired and weirdo feeling So compromised, signed her out early so the day counted, called mom and will go today instead.

nothing much doing
still got alot on my plate

Hubby called into work sick. His back. He can barely walk right now at all. crazy stuff. Still working on making the numbers work but I believe I can get him retired by the end of this coming June. The money side is working out ok but I am triple checking everything to make sure this early retirement can go down safely and I think it can. I am one to triple and ga-zillionth check this type of thing LOL Before making a big move like this I must know I set it up correctly well working on it all still to be safe.

nothing much more
this and that...heck I remembered I got some food stuff in the RV fridge. Will get that handled when I get home from mom's today. little things having to get done and I find myself not wanting to do them

great day Warriors!
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 05:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Friday, 20 October 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

If you’re TIRED of starting over ~ STOP giving UP!
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Imma looking forward to the three-day w/e. One of my friends is getting married in another town tomorrow so I decided to take a personal day on Monday!

School next week is going to be interesting since Monday Imma off, Tuesday is Math/Reading Goals celebration Field trip which means a non-instructional day.

We have our first music concert of the school year Thursday evening! My guitar students are working hard and I can't wait to show off their blossoming talent!

Friday, we are out by 1 pm for Homecoming parade with our Honors' Assembly that morning which means another non-instructional day...

It's a wonder our students learn ANYTHING! Nothing I can do about it but take advantage of every minute I have with my kiddos! Anyhoo..

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
That would be a sweet big break in the school year JO for about 23 days off not a thing wrong with that LOL any kiddo would love it!! Kiddo has like the 20th to Jan 4 also...have to double check those dates but they seem right for us here also.
23 days off is GREAT, but only for those kiddos like your own brilliant DD who missing a couple of days isn't that big a deal... some of these kiddos can't afford to miss a day - PERIOD! KWIM???
Quote:
Thanks for that link. never thought such a high temp. in cooking. I am gonna break me down on of my chickens soon and make it that way.

Way cool enough here to put the oven back on now
Yeppers high temp and cut up that "way" is the secret. I even checked the internal temp the first time I made turkey and chicken that way to make sure 6 min/lb was enough time to properly cook the poultry and it WAS!

I haven't had my oven on since my Bday (late March) when I made myself a Spatchcocked Roasted Turkey! Auto cleaned it good and haven't had it on since!

Quote:
Hubby wants the beach for like Dec 26 to Jan 1. All about if I can get anything booked, working on it tho. Thing is our beaches will be CHILLY but hey I guess I can bring jeans instead of shorts BOO but hey it is still nice to get away, change of scenery of any kind is what I love but I sure love the high heat at the beach and not the cold winds....but will take it of course Trip is too short to try to get to Florida...not in the mood for a long travel time.
I think the beach even in that time frame would be lovely... granted you wouldn't be able to swim but like you said nice to get-away and the change of scenery will be amazing!

Quote:
off to moms today. cancelled going yesterday cause kiddo tried to get out of school saying she was super tired and weirdo feeling So compromised, signed her out early so the day counted, called mom and will go today instead.
Hope your DD isn't coming down with sumpin!
Quote:
nothing much doing
still got alot on my plate
How can there be nothing much doing if you still have a lot on your plate?? Or maybe it's you don't wanna do nothing...? Hey take the day off and call it good b/c you DON'T have to answer to anybody!

Quote:
Hubby called into work sick. His back. He can barely walk right now at all. crazy stuff.
Sorry to hear about Tony! Back problems are horrible and so chronic! Wish there was something they could do for him...
Quote:
Still working on making the numbers work but I believe I can get him retired by the end of this coming June. The money side is working out ok but I am triple checking everything to make sure this early retirement can go down safely and I think it can. I am one to triple and ga-zillionth check this type of thing LOL Before making a big move like this I must know I set it up correctly well working on it all still to be safe.
WOW, I didn't realize he was that close to retirement if you can crunch the numbers! That's like 8 months away... I hope everything works out and he can retire!
Quote:
little things having to get done and I find myself not wanting to do them
See my statement above !

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Sorry I didn’t stop by yesterday got off work picked up Makayla and headed for doc appt. Doc 1 hour late but get through and get in car to head home won’t start! Lucky I Have the 24 hours emergency road service because my battery was dead. They jump started me and I made it to dealer 2 hours later new battery and alternator and my pocket lighter by 150. Oh well have to drive no other mode of transportation!
Oh man, so sorry you had trouble with your car! Glad that everything worked out in the end even if your wallet was $150 lighter by the end of the experience! And like Karen said, it could've been more $$$$$!!!
Quote:
Today is much more routine!
Right ON!

De:
Hope you're having fun at the beach! We miss you here!

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Oct-20-17 at 05:13. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Oct-20-17, 06:02

BF:

JO it is 45 here this morning ugh, but for you it might take a bit to get that oven on still......we are changing fast into hard fall here. In a few days the HI is going to be like 59. 59! are ya kidding here LOL

Yea kiddo is coming down with 'I am sick of schoolitis' right now HA

I sure know what you mean some need that time. They say SO much is lost in learning over the summer holidays for many...and I sure believe that cause some need alot of repetition to hold onto some concepts they need to absorb.

Gave kiddo some dollars for school.
Today is buy big hunks of tape for fund raiser. It is pay to tape the Principal to the cafeteria wall today should be funny for the kids! Be nice if someone puts it over his mouth!! HAHA, nah he is a cool guy lol

JO, Tony will be 52 in January. I will be 56 in December. Yes I snatched him out of the cradle.

I have been working on setting US up for early retirement the day we got married. I KNEW point blank I didn't want to go into our older years working so hard, hence me being SO frugal actually got us into this early retirement space in our life. This was all planned by me and it seems I am gonna make it work ok

oh when I say nothing much doing but I am loaded it is stuid sh*t I am dealing with ya know...little things that have to be done and I got them piling up.

Ants are going insane here. All over the pasture and yard. Yesterday my pool hoses dropped off the fence where I got them put up for winter and I picked it up, got it settled, got the next and then BOOM....I was right in the middle of an ant pile, biting my ankles like crazy, all over my slip on shoe and up my pant leg...I went bonkers HA

SO now it is poison the yard to the max. No choice now.
Will have to watch doggie for sure. The pasture we will treat all the ant hill with individual poison cause of the goats. But the front and back yard I am taking back come hell or highwater...AND I got a giant ant colony in my front planter. Told hubby those planters across the front of the house are gone for good! have to get that done also...............so it is all this stupid stuff that is on the plate HA HA

stuff that annoys the heck out of ya, is work but not that bad, but has to get something done about it or the place is gonna fall apart around me LOL
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 05:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 21 October 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Note to Self: When I eat CRAP, I feel like CRAP!!
~ unknown

Nothing much happenin' here. Same ole ♫ song ♪ & dance with the dreaded w/e "to-do" list. Gonna try to get as much of it done as I can before I leave for the out-of-town wedding this afternoon.

Wedding starts at 5pm and will end at 10pm or thereabouts. Don't know how long I'll stay, it's a good 1.5 hr drive to and from. Imma driving and one of my besties is co-pilot on this adventure.

Won't eat before I leave b/c it's too early for me. Just might make it a 48 hour fast day... don't really know. I guess it depends how hungry I am when I get home.

WARNING: OFF PLAN Foods mentioned below ~ read at your own risk!

Wedding fare is gonna be NONE LC with pasta dishes like lasagna, pasta salad, shrimp alfredo etc.

My other bestie, the bride, told me that she's got like 8 different types of cakes b/c she didn't want traditional... Bride and groom are both mid 50s and this is the second marriage for both of 'em.

You guys know me well enough to know that I ain't gonna eat off-plan NO.MATTER.WHAT!! Seriously, why would I?

The bride and groom don't want any gifts at all ... but Imma giving one anyways! I made this for them over the summer:

Wedding Afghan

Karen:
Quote:
JO it is 45 here this morning ugh, but for you it might take a bit to get that oven on still......we are changing fast into hard fall here. In a few days the HI is going to be like 59. 59! are ya kidding here LOL
Our night temps are about the same as yours right now.

Our area (desert) is an interesting place to live b/c even in the HOT scorching summer months, our night time temp can fall 20-30 degrees or more.

Day time temps are predicted to be around mid 70s for the next 3-4 days, so very mild and pleasant for sure! Then it's gonna dip into the mid 60s...
Quote:
Yea kiddo is coming down with 'I am sick of schoolitis' right now HA
Tell her to hold on a bit b/c Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner in 4 weeks and then less than 4 weeks after that, BOOM! Christmas Break! Gosh, it will be here before we know it, huh??? Holy Hannah!!!!
Quote:
I sure know what you mean some need that time. They say SO much is lost in learning over the summer holidays for many...and I sure believe that cause some need alot of repetition to hold onto some concepts they need to absorb.
That's my thoughts as well.

I'd wish our school did "year-round". We'd still get the same amount of time OFF, but it would be 3.5 weeks off between quarters and we'd only have 6 weeks off during the summer instead of the 11 weeks off we have now.

I'd that b/c we (the teachers) are almost brain dead by the time the 4th quarter comes around... Having a nice break between quarters would truly rejuvenate both teachers and students!
Quote:
Gave kiddo some dollars for school.
Today is buy big hunks of tape for fund raiser. It is pay to tape the Principal to the cafeteria wall today should be funny for the kids! Be nice if someone puts it over his mouth!! HAHA, nah he is a cool guy lol
WOW! That's a cool fundraiser! Hey how much does it cost to buy the roll of tape? (Wondering if we could do that here... and I'd happily slap a piece of tape on my principal's mouth!)
Quote:
JO, Tony will be 52 in January. I will be 56 in December. Yes I snatched him out of the cradle.
OMG, you're a COUGAR!

Wow, he's still young isn't he? Has he decided what he'd do once he retired?

Quote:
I have been working on setting US up for early retirement the day we got married. I KNEW point blank I didn't want to go into our older years working so hard, hence me being SO frugal actually got us into this early retirement space in our life. This was all planned by me and it seems I am gonna make it work ok
at working on retirement plans since you got married! Having the end game in mind is terrific, IMHO!

I know lots of people that haven't socked away ANYTHING for their retirement... stupid really! And most of 'em live pay check to pay check b/c they have to have the latest Iphones, computer games, new car etc! It totally blows my mind b/c like you, Imma frugal too!
Quote:
oh when I say nothing much doing but I am loaded it is stuid sh*t I am dealing with ya know...little things that have to be done and I got them piling up.

Ants are going insane here. All over the pasture and yard. Yesterday my pool hoses dropped off the fence where I got them put up for winter and I picked it up, got it settled, got the next and then BOOM....I was right in the middle of an ant pile, biting my ankles like crazy, all over my slip on shoe and up my pant leg...I went bonkers HA

SO now it is poison the yard to the max. No choice now.
Will have to watch doggie for sure. The pasture we will treat all the ant hill with individual poison cause of the goats. But the front and back yard I am taking back come hell or highwater...AND I got a giant ant colony in my front planter. Told hubby those planters across the front of the house are gone for good! have to get that done also...............so it is all this stupid stuff that is on the plate HA HA

stuff that annoys the heck out of ya, is work but not that bad, but has to get something done about it or the place is gonna fall apart around me LOL
Sorry about all the ants... sounds like you've got a plan to eradicate them!

I totally get the "little things that gotta be done and no desire to do 'em" thingy!

Sometimes we just gotta bite the bullet and get 'er done!
  #142   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 05:55

BF:

JO you are good at doing a fast but also there is still ways to eat your A72 outside of your home But you just decide what you want to do. Either way you will come thru it with flying colors I know!!

48 Hr? Are ya staying overnight? being 1.5 drive you are driving home after the wedding right? You should be ok, one thing you can always come home and eat later if needed LOL

Pasta and cake has no draw for me. Never a pasta fan and never a cake fan. The shrimp alfredo would be a draw and I would eat that if needed. I am safe on shrimp alfredo for sure, but of course it would be having all those noodles in it, the way I make it is pure shrimp and little sauce

Kiddo said they raised near $150 yesterday for the fund raiser. She also said they were told they could not tape over his face HAHA but they had a good time taping him to the wall any way LOL

Hubby is gonna take time off and decide if he wants to work part time or not etc. I am sure he will find himself an easy job to work cause it isn't like we are retired to truly run around free yet, with kiddo in school I think he mentioned he might work a job from like Jan. to June and take the rest of the year off. I don't know, he has something in his mind to keep him occupied I know I need him out of my hair sometimes cause too much togetherness isn't always a good thing either HAHA It is more he wants out of this job he has done for over 23 yrs now cause it is a backbreaker job and he will look around and either work some or not or ?? It is kinda up to him, he will fall into something I am sure...he is a worker type. I can't see him doing nothing for too long, would drive him nutso.

Yea one thing Dad always said from day one was be in NO debt and sock away money for when ya need it when you are older and we have done just that.

Thing is older I get the less I want. I hate 'stuff' anymore. Always a minimalist type but I could spend money back in the day but I was never one to want a ton of crap and I hate cell phones etc so I save money definitely in those situations. I always thought I would rather buy my freedom earlier than the older retirement age then buy junk to fill the house LOL

Many can't manage money at all, I so hear you on that. But so many have bad circumstances that nailed them to the wall also, like family medical situations or big financial troubles that slapped them down. He told his buddy at work he was planning early retirement situation and the guy said he would be lucky if he pays off his house by 75! His divorce cost him dearly and has set him back into the negatives mostly and the poor guy said he will be working forever to get over it. One thing I told hubby is we are SO fortunate to be in our position at this point and while being grateful we can do this type of thing financially we best be very frugal while doing it and watch how we handle this freedom LOL This is all about getting him out of this job cause of his back troubles. Anything he decides to do in the future will be an easier type work situation if he wants.

at this point will go with the flow on it all shake things up a bit around here HA

Today is off to the festival with Barbara. Hubby said take kiddo and I said nope, this is me and Barb day, besides Barb wants NO kids around.....she basically has her grandson so much since her son got divorced and any time she gets away she wants to be kid free LOL...I get her on that HAHA She is older than me, about 63 now and we are going alone for a bit to this festival and just chill out thru the day...small festival. Will eat before I go and be fine thru it. I can now be out and about around junk to eat and not be tempted like the older days! I mean warrior style has gotten me this far and it will continue to do so I won't let that change!!

great day all
  #143   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 06:08

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Jo... Have a fantastic time at the wedding with you bestie. I usually eat before wedding and parties or bring my low carb bowl in my cooler and eat after if I stay over.

Karen.... Wow you sure have this life thing planned out right. Save when you are young to enjoy golden years. My dad always told me to save and not kill myself when young. He always said you have to be healthy for retirement! Sometimes our parents words ring so true! Especially lately since I never thought they would be all gone. My parents yes I knew my past was gone when I list them but my brother I figured there was time. Just thankful I have my kiddos and extended family!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself today!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 05:05

BF:

So true what your Dad said Bernie.....some of the experiences they learned are sure coming true for us as we age hey, we listened tho!! Be healthy for retirement....your Dad was super smart on that statement cause we are dealing with that with hubby now on the back troubles and I think a lifestyle change has to happen or true retirement age is gonna be a total health mess for him and then I get dragged into that situation also....hey we can not plan what medical stuff happens to us but we can try prevention and changes when we do have something happening...best we can do I guess!

HEY ALL!

our festival was fun. thank goodness we went super early. we did only 2 hrs. you know one of those small town things.....we walked easily down the streets and when we started to come back up from the other end the crowd was increasing. nice day, around 11 and it was super packed and no space to hardly walk...and those zillion damn baby strollers! Don't get me started HAHA Barb got nothing but I bought 3 tye dye Tshirts, one for each of us. That was it but it was nice to stroll and then we got the heck out of there LOL

today is some chores and such.
hubby still not moving good at all...yikes
kiddo and I might do a doggie hike, will see when she gets up later....other than that simple day

everyone have a fine sunday
  #145   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 10:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 22 October 2017

Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always our CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

I don’t feel DEPRIVED when I turn down carb-laden foods.
I feel EMPOWERED that I make HEALTHY CHOICES every single time!

~ me 03.19.2017

Wedding Update:

The wedding was spectacular! The bride was beautiful beyond description and the groom as handsome as can be. The weather could not have been better. It can be dicey here in October...

It wasn't a stuffy up-tight affair probably more due to the fact that this wasn't young people getting married. And my bestie wasn't a bride-zilla! The guests were dressed in an eclectic variation of styles and modes. Anywhere from long dresses, slacks to jeans for the women, suits and ties for men as well as polo shirts, casual slacks and jeans. I wore a black and white print dress a little below the knee with a black sweater.

The venue was at a new golf course and apparently the food was top-notch. Of course I didn't partake since none of it was LC. I played around with a small portion of pasta that I pushed around my plate and never ate! (Oh and I didn't do a 48 hr fast... I was starving when I got home so I ate at around 12:30 am. So that's a 30 hr fast! )

One of my friends said, "this is a special occasion you should enjoy yourself and splurge." Told her I was enjoying myself and we can find a reason every.single.day to splurge and she said, wow that's so true!

Free mimosas, champagne, fancy beers and wines were available as well as sweet tea and water. I drank water all evening long...

Since I brought my camera along, whilst the bride and groom were being toasted with mimosas and champagne, I took lots and lots of pictures!

When the cutting of the cakes happened, I was still taking pictures so "Fat Jo" was never tempted!

We danced so much that I got almost 14,000 steps in!

A great time was had by all, IMHO and I got a ton of wonderful pics (over 350!) that I will share with the bride and groom as soon as I look 'em over and Photoshop©, crop, adjust color etc for those that need it!

The wedding ceremony was held at one of the "holes". Not a golfer, so I have no idea which...but it was in front of a water hazard... is that what it's called? The setting was beautiful with the Organ mountains as a backdrop. Here's one of the pics I took of the backdrop:

Organ Mountains, NM

Karen:
Quote:
JO you are good at doing a fast but also there is still ways to eat your A72 outside of your home But you just decide what you want to do. Either way you will come thru it with flying colors I know!!
I know! But Imma paranoid about food I don't prepare myself...KWIM? Esp. food that's made in bulk b/c they add more crap to it to stretch it out and make more $$$!
Quote:
48 Hr? Are ya staying overnight? being 1.5 drive you are driving home after the wedding right? You should be ok, one thing you can always come home and eat later if needed LOL
Got home around midnight... and was starving...so I ate! I'll eat at my usual time today after 5 pm.... so today will be one of those unheard of less than 24hr fast days, but it can't be helped. Actually it will be around 18 hrs and I ain't beatin' myself up about it one iota!
Quote:
Pasta and cake has no draw for me. Never a pasta fan and never a cake fan. The shrimp alfredo would be a draw and I would eat that if needed. I am safe on shrimp alfredo for sure, but of course it would be having all those noodles in it, the way I make it is pure shrimp and little sauce
That's what I was pushing around my plate.... a measly couple of shrimp that I didn't even eat... and OMG the amount of sauce was ridiculous!
Quote:
Kiddo said they raised near $150 yesterday for the fund raiser. She also said they were told they could not tape over his face HAHA but they had a good time taping him to the wall any way LOL
$150, that's cool!
Quote:
Hubby is gonna take time off and decide if he wants to work part time or not etc. I am sure he will find himself an easy job to work cause it isn't like we are retired to truly run around free yet, with kiddo in school I think he mentioned he might work a job from like Jan. to June and take the rest of the year off. I don't know, he has something in his mind to keep him occupied I know I need him out of my hair sometimes cause too much togetherness isn't always a good thing either HAHA It is more he wants out of this job he has done for over 23 yrs now cause it is a backbreaker job and he will look around and either work some or not or ?? It is kinda up to him, he will fall into something I am sure...he is a worker type. I can't see him doing nothing for too long, would drive him nutso.
Yeah, he needs to be out of your hair some when he retires!

He could always volunteer somewhere too... if he's so inclined. That would get him out of the house too!
Quote:
Yea one thing Dad always said from day one was be in NO debt and sock away money for when ya need it when you are older and we have done just that.
Yeppers, I agree with your dad! That's how I've always been... save $$ for a rainy day no matter how "poor" we were b/c the military didn't pay that much but we NEVER had any debt and I still don't...well except for my mortgage and my ex is paying that with what he owes me on my double wide until Jan of 2020 and I'll pay the rest off then!

And I've always wanted/needed to be able to take care of myself financially! B/c NO one was gonna take care of me but me!
Quote:
Thing is older I get the less I want. I hate 'stuff' anymore. Always a minimalist type but I could spend money back in the day but I was never one to want a ton of crap and I hate cell phones etc so I save money definitely in those situations. I always thought I would rather buy my freedom earlier than the older retirement age then buy junk to fill the house LOL
Imma of the same mind!
Quote:
Many can't manage money at all, I so hear you on that. But so many have bad circumstances that nailed them to the wall also, like family medical situations or big financial troubles that slapped them down. He told his buddy at work he was planning early retirement situation and the guy said he would be lucky if he pays off his house by 75! His divorce cost him dearly and has set him back into the negatives mostly and the poor guy said he will be working forever to get over it. One thing I told hubby is we are SO fortunate to be in our position at this point and while being grateful we can do this type of thing financially we best be very frugal while doing it and watch how we handle this freedom LOL This is all about getting him out of this job cause of his back troubles. Anything he decides to do in the future will be an easier type work situation if he wants.
Medical situation debts are out of our hands, KWIM??? I totally hate the idea that a catastrophic medical issue could potentially wipe us out completely even when we have health insurance! Sure is something VERY WRONG with that...

My twin bro owes close to 1 million $$$ b/c his son had life-saving kidney transplant about 10 years ago... he dutifully pays $50 a month so they can't bitch about that and mess up his credit, etc...
Quote:
Today is off to the festival with Barbara. Hubby said take kiddo and I said nope, this is me and Barb day, besides Barb wants NO kids around.....she basically has her grandson so much since her son got divorced and any time she gets away she wants to be kid free LOL...I get her on that HAHA She is older than me, about 63 now and we are going alone for a bit to this festival and just chill out thru the day...small festival. Will eat before I go and be fine thru it. I can now be out and about around junk to eat and not be tempted like the older days! I mean warrior style has gotten me this far and it will continue to do so I won't let that change!!
Nice that you and Barb went "kid-free" to the festival! I totally get that she wants time away from kids to spend with her bestie!

Hope you guys had a great time!

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... Have a fantastic time at the wedding with you bestie. I usually eat before wedding and parties or bring my low carb bowl in my cooler and eat after if I stay over.
I had a fab-tastic time!

Yeah I know you're always rockin' our LC WOE NO MATTER the situation or event! That's why you're a Warrior Member of Team 5%! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
He always said you have to be healthy for retirement! Sometimes our parents words ring so true! Especially lately since I never thought they would be all gone. My parents yes I knew my past was gone when I list them but my brother I figured there was time. Just thankful I have my kiddos and extended family!
I know what you mean, my friend... We've gotta always take advantage of every single day we have with our loved ones and not take that time for granted b/c we never know what will happen in the future...
  #146   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 11:11

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Jo... I am so glad the wedding was fabulous! 14,000 steps you were a dancing 💃 girl. Luv to dance at those wedding. I do all the dances slide, chicken, YMCA. You name it I will dance it. Heck I even can do a polka!
Jo I made an almost zero carb salsa took the jalapeño peppers and added chopped cucumbers added a little cilantro. Yummy on my leafy greens. Oh they had the large jars this weekend I grabbed two!
Karen..... I am so glad you and barb got to go through the fair before the crowd! That is how I like to do it get there early and check it out. Then go back buy something if I Luv it and it unique and outta there before the crowds!
My dear neighbors husband is dying from stage 4 pancreas cancer. She has been walking with me when I take magnum out. I just let her talk, cry or get angry. She says it feels so good just to take a break walk and get it out! I told her anytime she is welcome to hit the trails! Don’t know the right thing to do or say but sometimes just being there without judgement and just listening maybe can provide comfort in a difficult situation!

Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself today!
  #147   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 17:03

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I'm home, had a great beach vacation! My brother and sis-in-law joined us for a night and went to the beach with us and taught us a new card game that we played for hours. The dogs really enjoyed their time on the beach too.

Pray for me, my DH is attempting to cook our dinner tonight. Hope it's edible!

Daughter-in-law had her baby shower and that went well, we got back just in time. I am tired and taking it easy this evening.

Jo, the wedding sounds fun, I always eat something before events, seems to work better for me to do that.

Bernie, I can't dance...lucky you!

Warrior on....
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 06:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 23 October 2017

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally marvelous day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

DISCIPLINE: Is doing what NEEDS to be done even if you don’t WANT to do it!
~ unknown

Imma off today since I decided I needed a mental health to myself! Anyhoo...

Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 8 months, 1 week and counting...

Wt = 114 lbs!

I don't take being in maintenance for granted. I work hard every single day to ensure that I stay 100% OP ~ No EXCUSES ever!

I don't put myself in situations where "Fat Jo" can rear her ugly FAT head and get tempted by off-plan foods. I know that one of the keys to my maintenance success are all the strategies I have in place that helps keep me on track and on-plan.

The quote below by Dr. Atkins has really resonated with me after all the years I failed at "trying" to do A '72.
Quote:
Diet Revolution page 261

THE MAIN CHANGE THAT HAS TO BE MADE IS IN YOUR HEAD.

Success in maintaining your trim figure and your zest for living is guaranteed if you can achieve this radical change in your thinking.

If you have a chronic weight problem it is essential to totally accept, fully understand that your fat is one symptom of a lifetime disease. Your metabolizing processes are and always will be abnormal. Yes, even if you get slim and stay slim!

Many medical studies have shown that the biochemical responses of a formerly overweight person, such as the excessive insulin release when carbohydrates are eaten, are still quite different from a never-over weight person. In other words, you cannot eat what normal people eat and expect to stay thin.

So say to yourself over and over until you've got it through your rebellious head:

"My tendency to be overweight is one sign of a chronic metabolic disorder. My physiology doesn't handle certain kinds of foods as slim physiologies do. I mustn't try to compare my eating habits to those of a person who has never had a weight problem. Not now. Not ever."

"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!"

Basic to controlling it is to understand that it is a permanent condition...about which you can do a great deal. Controlling it isn't all that difficult.
Now I KNOW I wasn't ready to accept responsibility for my own eating and acknowledging that I was a carb addict with a chronic carb metabolic processing disorder.

It took a lot of soul searching to finally reach that point in my life. To truly say to myself that if I wanted to lose the weight and keep it off, I'd have to give up those "bad" carbs forever! Yeah, it took me a good long while to be able to face those demons and purge them from my life!

As you guys know, I motivational sayings, quotes etc and I have many of them posted on my friggie. I also have this Pros/Cons list that I've generated over time:

Pros for Eating Off-plan:
1. Can eat whatever I want

Cons:
1. Makes me feel like a failure
2. I hate myself for being so out of control
3. I am less confident, have less self-esteem
4. I have to shop in the women's/plus size section of stores
5. I hate how I look
6. I hate how clothes fit on me
7. I eat so much that I physically hurt
8. Would have go out to buy the off-plan food since I don't keep any in my house
9. Spend $$ on food I shouldn't be eating in the first place
10. Gain weight
11. Have to now work to lose the EXTRA lbs!
12. Eating OFF-PLAN foods is a very very TEMPORARY FIX & pleasure!
13. Not being able to wear my clothes
14. Weeks of endless cravings for off-plan foods!
15. It’s not good for my health
16. I feel less social, less willing to draw attention to myself
17. Back to yo-yo dieting that has been the bane of my adult life (how many
pounds have I literally lost over the years b/c of this???)

Pros for Staying 100% OP:

1. I am HEALTHIER!
2. I have more self-confidence (Since I feel better about myself, do
people treat me differently? Or is that just my perception?)
3. I feel like I am more out-going
4. I can go to the store and buy “normal” size clothing
5. I like the compliments people give me about the amount of weight I
have lost and how good I look
6. I feel like a normal person
7. I am a control freak. I control everything else in my life including my
eating & exercising now!
8. I feel good about my body -- better self-image

Cons:
1. I cannot eat everything in sight and must stay vigilant about what I do eat (which isn't a problem since I've figured out what truly works for me!)

My life and soul-changing journey continues...

Another couple of details about the wedding: The bride didn't have any bride's maids and the groom only had his best man (his twin bro).

Bride and Groom

And on the wedding cake wasn't the usual bride and groom plastic figures. It was a glittery cut-out with the saying: "Shit just got real!" Here's a pic of the wedding cake. She had like 8 other cakes and all the guests were given a very healthy portion of which ever cake they wanted.

Wedding Cake

Topic Change: I've got more pics to share with all of you... these are all the baby sweaters I've knitted this month! Imma knitting fool!

Navy/Light Blue Baby Sweater

Rasberries/Aran Baby Sweater

Petal Pink/Variegated Pastels Baby Sweater

Wildflowers/Aran Striped Baby Sweater

Imma almost finished with a Red & Aran one. I just need to knit the sleeves!

I knitting these b/c it's so fun to come up with the cable stitch designs and the color changes plus they knit up really quickly and don't take a lot of yarn!

Wow I wrote a whole lot today... I guess it's good for my mental health!

Berni:
Quote:
Jo... I am so glad the wedding was fabulous! 14,000 steps you were a dancing 💃 girl. Luv to dance at those wedding. I do all the dances slide, chicken, YMCA. You name it I will dance it. Heck I even can do a polka!
I can do all those too, not well, but heck, I have fun and that's all that matters!
Quote:
Jo I made an almost zero carb salsa took the jalapeño peppers and added chopped cucumbers added a little cilantro. Yummy on my leafy greens.
Wow your jalapeño salsa sounds de-lish!
Quote:
Oh they had the large jars this weekend I grabbed two!
Right ON!
Quote:
My dear neighbors husband is dying from stage 4 pancreas cancer. She has been walking with me when I take magnum out. I just let her talk, cry or get angry. She says it feels so good just to take a break walk and get it out! I told her anytime she is welcome to hit the trails! Don’t know the right thing to do or say but sometimes just being there without judgement and just listening maybe can provide comfort in a difficult situation!
So sorry to hear about your neighbor's DH. But you're absolutely right, sometimes all we have to do is be there to listen without comment or judgement and that's enough!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I'm home, had a great beach vacation! My brother and sis-in-law joined us for a night and went to the beach with us and taught us a new card game that we played for hours. The dogs really enjoyed their time on the beach too.
Welcome back, my friend! I've missed ya!

Sounds like you had a super duper time at the beach. How cool that your bro & SIL came to visit for a day!

I love playing card games. What's the name of this new one you learned?
Quote:
Pray for me, my DH is attempting to cook our dinner tonight. Hope it's edible!
Quote:
Daughter-in-law had her baby shower and that went well, we got back just in time. I am tired and taking it easy this evening.
Nice that you guys made it home in time for the baby shower!
Quote:
Jo, the wedding sounds fun, I always eat something before events, seems to work better for me to do that.
That's why you've been über successful at maintaining your weight loss.

We WARRIORS know what it takes to succeed at our incredible LC WOE. Wish more people understood that b/c they'd be successful at losing the weight and keeping it off too!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Oct-23-17 at 06:26. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 06:24

BF:

DE, sounds like a wonderful time

I hope your hubby does well and you can rely on him more and more to cook, hey a break is well enjoyed. My hubby cooks horrible...omg so horrible, he puts in weirdo combo of tastes into everything he does and I never eat anything he makes....well if he grills meat I am good to go but I hate to make sure he doesn't 'do anything' to mine!!

Bernie, ahhh, sorry about your neighbor and her hubby's situation. So sad to go thru the end of life situation as we all know. It is nice you let her get crap off her chest!

Nothing at that little festival caught my eye except for the Tshirts. Alot of nice things that handmade artisan christmas things I liked but don't want or need I am sure alot of stuff was sold that day lol

JO, so cool on your wedding. Sounds like a very nice time.
I absolutely hate the 'special occasion it is ok to splurge this time' comment...ugh...they don't get it and never will! Only thing you can say in your mind is you don't have my food issues so you have no idea how horrible that sounds to me
But you got thru fab and glad you ate when ya needed! All that dancing made you hungry

HI ALL
rainy, icky, nasty here
inside chores, this and that.
usual
kiddo at school
hubby in sleeping, last of his days off, work tomorrow but not sure, he is not walking well and says his back is bad still...hmmm omg we might have to start Drs again!! We did so many MRIs already and no help on it. I think the only thing is go to DUKE Uni. and get complete workup if he really wants to know what is going on at this point. I bet it is a few things, old fracture to his back, his hip?, sciatic nerve has trouble, his neck is twisted up and his shoulder has some burr thing in it....put that all together and you get a big mess on your hands LOL
I tell ya....

everyone have a fab day
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-17, 12:36

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors...

The card game we played is called hand & foot and is played with 4 or 5 decks of cards. Really a fun game!

Our dinner last night was edible but not as good as I would have fixed it oh well, he tried! He left a huge mess in the kitchen, ack...I left it to see if he'd clean up after himself, but so far he hasn't. How long will I be able to leave the mess? I don't know....

Nothing much going on right now. Just hanging out. Need to go do some clothes shopping this week to get ready for my next trip. I expect it to be cold & rainy.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!