Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 20:12

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 203/196/193 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Genotype Diet book?

I was wondering if anyone has checked out the Genotype Diet book...

It is a spin off from the bloodtype diet, where Dadamo further refines his system into 6 different "types" - and some of it based on physical characteristics like bone length, jaw angle, and head shape.

I found it very interesting as I'm a total sucker for any bodytyping system, but I'm not sure which of two types I fit best. So I'm sticking with the Hunter/O-type which has similar lowcarb guidelines to the plan that I'm already following

Anyone else check out the book?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 08:07

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

lynnx
I do visit the website/forums on dadamo.com. I am a type O+
secretor. I waver between wether I am a hunter or a gatherer.
Both are pretty high protein. I lost more while eating cottage cheese with peaches or blueberries for breakfast, so I think I may be a gatherer. Yes I like the diet! Have you lost any on it?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 13:53
Dazed and Confused

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

I read the blood type book, but I was a bit skeptical. It does, however, explain my preference for veggies to meat as I am a type A. I haven't tried the diet though.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 14:58

Plan: Schwarzbein/gluten free
Stats: 148/146/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I guess I like it, because it does reflect healthier foods that agree with me. Interesting that you prefer veggies. That is type A!
His newer book would make you either a "warrior" or a "teacher". I think warriors have more of a tendency towards diabetes but I am not sure about teachers. I have A's in the family I came out of, but I haven't been able to type them. I think A's do well with fish though, and maybe soy. Do you like those foods? Here's another thing that I remember about warriors, they have a tendency to flush. One of my A brother's has always been that way. He's got
weight mostly in his waist now, and takes blood pressure meds. I tried to introduce the book when I was visiting. He listened, but I don't think he will
try it. I am not one to push, but I find it all very interesting.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 20:52
Dazed and Confused

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

My diabetes is autoimmune so I'm not sure if my blood type had anything to do with it. It happened after a bad infection when my immune system went haywire and attacked my pancreas.

Yes, I love fish! And there isn't a fruit or vegetable I don't like. I don't eat a lot of soy, but I love yogurt (which is more type B I suppose). I can eat pork sometimes, but I'm not as fond of beef or chicken. When I eat a mostly meat diet, I wind up not eating much of anything.