Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 10:37

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Ta ta's too big! Heck, mine are little deflated sacks now!

Do you think they will shrink more now that I have no more estrogen machines in me?

Time for a nap.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 12:58

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

The wings should be fine as they were not breaded and I chose the ones that I was pretty sure would be LC. I guess we will see if there is any damage come Saturday.

I want to apologize for not responding to individual posts and/or to individual people. I simply don't have the time and pop on here when I can to just update on my day. I do enjoy reading everyone's posts, so I hope you don't mind. Even though I may not comment on everything know that I am thinking of you.

Thanks.
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 13:53
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

LIANNE.. no problem. We see that you respond to queries and want to participate! Busy is busy. Not to harp on anything and certainly not on you..this is gerneral statement brought to mind by your eating out..
I ask what foods are made with. I order wings plain if I do not get a good answer.
Lianne.. I know you do not rack at all or weigh in and that amazes me. It just does. If this works for you, G-D BLESS

Like PAULETTE, I HAVE to know what is going in, in order to make certain I am following the plan(s) correctly. WE have been doing this for a very long time;have come far and I already slid back even while on plan! SO, no more time to waste.

TaTa, are looking like the cartoon Maxine!! Only I don't smoke Mine shrunk.. like a pancake! LOL...

DUSTI... you mean you have no clue what you desire??? LOL... all I can say is buy half what you thnk you are havong and plan to freeze for next CN what you STILL don't want!
Still planning on spike one with Lucky Charms.. #2 with farina and #3 more cereal.. maybe oatmeal and the desserts from last week that I did not touch!!!
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 16:59

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Yep, no idea what I want on CN. I am seriously considering bumping it up by one day and having my CN on Friday instead of Saturday so that I can stay at home and get through it alone. Craig is supportive, but I we always have dinner with his ffamily on Saturday nights and I don't want them watching what i eat. Yes - I have psychological food issues! If I'm alone I think it will be easier, less guilt ridden (even though I know there is nothing to be guilty about) and I won't hold back as much as I would around Craig. What do you guys think????

I haven't lost much in the ta-ta area. Craig tells me they are too big and kill my golf game. Hee hee. That's the only time he complains.

Anyhoo, I'm leaving work in a bit and headed to Kohl's to get a new skillet, a veggetti and a memory foam mattress then off to school. My bed is killing me!

Have a good night!
  #155   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 18:08
Registered Member

BF:

Hi DUSTI... you have to have 10 days in F&P and the CN..really is mandatory so you could always delay it until Sunday or Monday. Jodi will be arount day 13 I think.
If you did not psychological problems around food, you would not be normal.From what I can tell you are just the average gal around here MAYBE more together than some I have met recenlty LMAO!
Plan your day to enjoy not be stressed! Everyone has food issues here.ANd when a person say 'I am an emotional eater' I wasnt to tear out my hair and then theirs! We are all that!! The entire WORLD has been taught to be emotional eaters. We eat happy or sad.. celebrate weddings or funerals the same foods.. just that we have broken metabolisms ( I am still strong with the Atkins philosophy) and we are carb sensitive. Now we can have that 6-8 hr bing of fun and spikes and get back on the wagon..we can control oursleves and franlky, after that 8 hrs, I did not WANT to look at a sugary anything or anything considered off plan!!

JODI is so scared about not losing. She keeps asking how everyone else does.. well, I lose slowly, Paulette had surgery, LIANNE does not weigh at you have not done it yet The CN site has many victories and long term losses. All I could tell her was THEN... just stay on induction for the month! She has such a hard tme doing that which is why this plan would be perfect for her. She will just have to give it a week and see.

NOW>>>> what classes are you taking and for what?? curious minds want to know oh...BTW.. go into yout USER CP and look at the areas.. you must have clicked refuse private messages or something.. PAULETTE is the computer guru for me so maybe she knows ( I BET)
  #156   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 20:36

BF:

Here is a sample of what my weight history has been like since I restarted on January 3, 2016:

01/03/16 - 241.8
01/16/16 - 233.2
01/23/16 - 230.4
02/06/16 - 229.2
02/13/16 - 227.6
02/20/16 - 226.8

For supper tonight I had cheese crisps (cheese melted in the microwave and then rest to harden) and some meatballs from Costco.
  #157   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 20:38

BF:

Dusti, I would hold off (if you can) until a night when I was alone or with people that I felt comfortable with. My immediate family is used to my Carb Nites, but if my siblings or parents saw the way I eat I think they would be very surprised, and perhaps judgmental.
  #158   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 21:07
Registered Member

BF:

LIANNE~~ Thank you for sharing! You have done well and nice and steady! Happy to see weights here from you so we can guage our losses to some extent
What kind of cheese do you use? Sounds like a nice nibble YUM

I get frozen meatballs too. Now I can find a better selection with the net carbs to use...still it is amazing how mnay things are made with corn syrup in them

Isn't it sad how we let other people interfer with our well being! Yes you are so right about them being judgemental.. but I think they would be more of a support than negative. That I would think would be there if a person just ate ( even normally)... for some reason, fat people are not allowed to eat or enoy foods. BUT HECK>>>> CARB NITE IS REALLY not great to share when still a bit awya from goal.. yes they would be negative!!!! SOme do not like to eat with family when following any plan.People do not understand at all.

I weigh what I did when I went on my 1st CN so I hope I am less by Thursday when it would be the 2nd if i kept that night... will see.

Storm is coming big time and it is not a goood one at all. TORNADOS west of us..we are ready all the time to bug out to the shelter in the back but not a happy thought!

BE well, stay warm and dry!
See you in the morning at some point.. crazy day planned... HUGS
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 22:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Here is a sample of what my weight history has been like since I restarted on January 3, 2016:

01/03/16 - 241.8
01/16/16 - 233.2
01/23/16 - 230.4
02/06/16 - 229.2
02/13/16 - 227.6
02/20/16 - 226.8

For supper tonight I had cheese crisps (cheese melted in the microwave and then rest to harden) and some meatballs from Costco.

Great results, Lianne. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to look for those meatballs at costco. How are they carb wise? Do they put a bread crumbs in them?
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-16, 23:55

BF:

Cricket - I have no idea about the messaging. I do have the box checked to receive private messages. I tried pming you and got a message that I didn't have permissions. I'm guessing I have to post a certain number of times before I can PM. Probably keeps the scammers at bay.

So......I should confess that I'm a little bit of a rebel. What I read in CNS was that our bodies need about seven days f&p days prior to our first carb night, but that Keifer recommends 9 (cn on the 10th day) for good measure. I'm still considering bumping up a day. If I don't, I won't have another chance until the following Friday because I am not alone on the weekends and I work all day and then go straight to school until 9pm M-Th. If I had just started low carb I would worry more about it, but I've been (mostly) vlc for two years. I still have a few more days to decide what to do. You and Lianne both are right about the judgement of other people. I didn't realize that's what I was stressing about, but you hit the nail on the head.

Tell Jodi I feel her pain. In a way this feels like a last ditched effort since what has worked in the past is no longer working. If this doesn't work, then what? I'm sure she'll do great though and I believe there is real validity to this plan.

I am working on a Psychology degree. The classes I'm taking this semester are biology, algebra and the sociology of deviant behavior. I'm also taking a weekend class in March about relationships. Spring break is in a month and can't get here soon enough! I'm beat.

I need to hit the sheets. I got a new mattress today so can't wait! Good night all.
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 06:43

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6
3.....2/21/16: 208.4
4.....2/22/16: 207.6 (surgery day)
5.....2/23/16: 212.4
6.....2/24/16: 211.8

Down .6 today. I am still quite swollen. And I am very curious how much I would actually weigh if I never had the surgery! I am certain that I would be lower than I was the morning of my last CN.

Tomorrow is my 2nd CN and I am still thinking of the Spaghetti & Meatballs. I will be making my own meatballs with ground beef, breadcrumbs, parmesan and onion. No corn syrup there!

I have made my own carb-free meatballs in the past using crushed pork rinds. They are drier than the breadcrumb variety, but still very delicious. I add a lot of parmesan cheese for "body" and taste, but leave out the onion.

I need to go to the store today to buy ingredients for my lemon bars. I want to make only a 1/2 batch, so I don't have so many to freeze. I know Ed will have only one. He is one of those that can only eat one, then has no desire for more. So a whole pan of bars will sit and rot if I make too many. And for some reason, leftover frozen lemon bars do not sound good. I am sure next week I will not even want them. So it is best to make a little pan, eat my fill, and hope Ed eats the rest.

This is so weird, doing Carb Nites. I am still not used to the thought of it. Actually planning on eating sweets desserts is still so alien to me! But as I know it is imperative that I do so on a consistent weekly basis, I will try to enjoy it. I am so happy that this plan did NOT set me over the edge into carb oblivion. That was a major fear of mine! But it did NOT. It was natural for me to go back to my normal ULC style.

This plan has also opened me up to new foods and allowed me a greater variety of foods. Now that I am watching NET carbs, I am not as carbophobic as I used to be while following induction-style total carbs Atkins. The addition of these few extra carbs in the form of fiber has not effected my ketosis at all, and I am slowly learning that I CAN eat a few veggies now & then without detriment. I had my first MIM yesterday and liked it! I am going to have one this morning too.

HW - I agree that having your first CN alone is the best. You can then pay attention to what you are eating and really enjoy it. No one needs to feel self conscious about eating. It is terrible how those of us with lifelong weight problems have always felt that way. I LOVE Psychology and Sociology! Have fun with it! Those were my 2 favorite classes in college.

LIANNE - OMG! You are losing a LOT of weight quickly!!!! Congrats!!!! I hope your trend keeps up for you for many months to come!
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 08:37
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWGA2016
Cricket - I have no idea about the messaging. I do have the box checked to receive private messages. I tried pming you and got a message that I didn't have permissions. I'm guessing I have to post a certain number of times before I can PM. Probably keeps the scammers at bay..

hi Dusti

You're correct .. the PM function isn't enabled until the day after a new member's 25th post. Yes, it's to thwart scammers and spammers .. and also to encourage newbies to participate with the group rather than just soliciting private advice from a single person.

So keep posting; you'll be there before you know it
  #163   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 09:07
Registered Member

BF:

DOREEN T... THANK YOU for answering this! I never knew that and I am certain most do not. Is it acturally written someplace? Those things would be helpful

DUSTI~~~ PSYCH.. ahhh my world..well one of two worlds Sociology..ugh.. depends upon the prof.. the one at my Univ. was horrendous self important puff adder. I CLEPED it. much easier and faster.
Like Paulette said.. have fun!

PAULETTIE>>> you are doing really well and will keep dropping I am sure. I am so nervous that I will not be lower than starting th CN. I am at a crawl.I have today and tomorrow and today's weigh in is going to be later when I return and tomorrow early morning. ENJOY those lemon bars and smart YOU for only making them for CN! If I did not have the freezer and other fridge/freezer in the hangar, I would be in trouble. At least I can keep the stuff away from me.
WIsh I was on track for Thurs. My brain is there now!

I made home made meatballs before and now just happy to get the frozen. I usually just have them naked and heated up. I never was a pasta fan. I'll have those Green Giant niblets on the cobs that I got last last week. Large bag so there are leftovers.

We have deicded to stay overnight about 4 hrs from home and have breakfast out. fried Eggs,Canadian bacon and reg bacon.
This is the clean breakfast.When we get home we might have a snack of a protein drink/hc and then start the spike foods.
My brain is not here yet completely and does not help when Jodi will not read one page and depends on me to lead her step by step. She has her dail F&P days down so far and has tracked them ( I have tracked them for her) to make sure she is on target.

My GI ststem is all over the place lately...wish it would get up in the morning when I DO!
  #164   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 09:10
Registered Member

BF:

HMMM.... are POSTS considered one a day? I ask since DUSTI has shown 21 posts for many of them. DOES not make sense that way.. does not compute Just thinking out loud here.
  #165   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 09:54

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

Dragging myself in here quick. I swear I must be unlucky since surgery. I went back to work and instantly caught the nasty cold going around. Monday afternoon started feeling a bit off. BY Monday night ugh! Finally quit that awful nonsense and now just have the body aches and fever today. I work tomorrow so it best be gone! Cancelled some meetings last night and today.

I'll give you my big menu for yesterday and today. Yesterday 7 up and diet power-aid. No carbs were absorbed for sure as they would need to stay in the tummy I think. Today a few sips of 7 up and a few crackers. So far so good!!!

So until stuff stays down the menu is crackers and 7 up! Carbs be damned.

Dusti I've only done the dairy kefir. People do judge but I figure that's their issue not mine.

Paulette hope you are feeling better!

Cricket have a safe trip. Hope the storms stay away from you.

Lianne, I'm right there with you on not worrying about much tracking. It seems to work well for you.

Speaking of daily weighing and extreme tracking. All it does is set me up to fail personally. Its amazing how we are all so different. I'm glad we are though. Clothes tell me what I need to know. Dh asked my why the heck I bought such tall undies recently. I didnt buy tall undies! I just have more to pull up LOL.

Sorry to be brief. I just skimmed briefly. All the food talk is seriously making me gag. I'll pop on later when the urge to gag subsides

Last edited by **Chelle : Wed, Feb-24-16 at 10:02.
Closed Thread