Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 05:14

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leicester
...I think cheese contains a fair amount of protein...

Nonplussed, what a great word leicester You might also be nonplussed to find out that cheese has about 1g of protein per 28g (1 oz)

Also, there's a good site to figure out what's in most foods you might run across here https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

It's nice because you can use 100g and sort of do the easy math, especially as I see that you are measuring what you eat.

Now you know
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 05:57

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

That's more like carbs per ounce of cheese. Protein is more like the 6-8 grams protein range, similar to meats.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 06:17

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
That's more like carbs per ounce of cheese. Protein is more like the 6-8 grams protein range, similar to meats.

Haha! NOW I KNOW thanks teaser.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 11:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/147.8/135 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 71%

Im with a couple of the others here. You are eating alot of cheese and very little veggies. Here is a sample of my daily intake on the induction phase still, Im just now reaching within my 20 lb goal so will be moving up.

Breakfast: Country ham, bacon 2 slices, 3 sausage links, or smoked ham ( mind you this does carry a carb or 2) 2 eggs with cauliflower hashbrown ( half cup grated cauliflower , part of an egg and cheese 1/4 cup)
or I will make a sandwich bacon and egg sometimes ounce of cheese or less on cloud bread

I find mid morning snack hard unless I know I will not be home to eat lunch till late

Lunch: Left over Chicken, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup cucumbers with peel on

Snack: pepperoni slices ounce of cheese only if i didnt have any with breakfast. or wisconsin turkey bites

Dinner : 3 to 5 oz protien of what ever we cook , 1/2 cup kale steamed, broccoli and depending on amount of carbs I have available I may up the sizes of veggies or add another like okra.

Snack at night I do a sugar free jello cup.

Keep up the good work and dont give up. There are times you will stop loosing weight but during them times you will be seeing your clothes become looser as you are loosing inches vs lbs. I rather love the loosing inches
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 16:30

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEm
The milk protein (casein) in cheese causes me troubles, and I gain weight on cheese.

Me, too. I had never heard of being allergic to the protein in dairy & it took years to figure it out.

When I was having a great deal of difficulty, someone suggested that I eat more at breakfast, particularly fatty fish. Found out I LOVE sardines, so often have them with a couple of my home-grown eggs. I often toss in cauliflower, radishes, greens, or whatever. That, plus eating only 2 meals & fasting in the evening has helped me a lot.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 01:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/168/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

I haven't listed the quantities of vegetables as I have so much that I suppose I think it goes without saying. We don't go by cups over here but rather we say 'most of the plate' or 'three quarters of the plate' and 'piled high' - at least in common parlance anyway.
Thanks everyone for your continued interest. I really appreciate it.