Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#946   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 20:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Been out a few days due to the fact that they moved up my deadline on a few work projects, and even though I'd been working along on it, I really had to scram to get it ready to present yesterday. This effort kind of did me in, as my work mojo isn't what it was, but I got it done.

Have read back on what I've missed and just going to do personals on what caught my eye, too much to answer to fully when you miss just 2 days on this very alive, very hopping thread!

Trig---Wowza, $450 a month in health insurance for the three of you w/just a $1500 deductible?!?! Amazing. Know you're smart enough to have read the fine print. Assuming that, what a deal! Haven't heard of anything like it, even thru employer insurance. So happy for you that this adds to your word "freedom." And REALLY happy as it seems it will free the pork chop up from his physically demanding job.

Thanx so much for the reminder on Alfredo Sauce. I forget that one, and love it over shrimp.

Jaz---That paper you described sounded so challenging to me. Not sure I'd know where to begin, but you got right in there and did it, and from what I know, made wise choices. BRAVO for you. You like to write, and I think this sort of writing will add up to more in the end than any blog you've dreamed of starting---not that that can't be done too at some point.

And yes, I watched the Golden Globes, and it was inspiring. Oprah was amazing.

You do have Amazon channel, right? You have GOT to watch the Marvelous Mrs Maizel, which won many awards from the GG. Eager for you to watch it, as we'll have fun talking about it, as well as I look forward to that w/anyone here who watches it. So good.

Nic---My condolences on the teenager! My theory is that they are so busy trying to grow up and out, and find their own way, that it renders them yes, VERY self oriented. Also, they have just enough wind under their wings to think they know everything. The arrogance of teenagers is gob smacking! Good news is, once life takes over w/out parental guidance, parameters and support every minute of the day, they learn MUCH FASTER. One thing I came to realize was that at a point, we'd taught my son everything we could, time for life to take over. And it has, with good results.

HUGE CONGRATS on 5 pounds down. Yeah, those may be the easier pounds but they're also the most important pounds in many ways---A GOOD START. Curious about how you think LC interacts w/your hormones? Can you say a bit more about that?

Lori---Going to say something in opposition of what some here have said, in terms of a possible move up to MGR---although I think that's a very real possibility if you want it. But IMO, being a "MGR" in retail is for younger folks looking to grow their resume and move on to better positions. Otherwise, being a MGR in retail is a lot of headache for not much reward, IMO. Glad you got your "certification" but fear that might mean they'll simply ask you to close more, later hours, which might be fine w/you.

However, just remember, they need you more than you need them. Make it be what you want it to be. Use the fact that you are dependable, smart and a good learner, and get what YOU want out of it. I think you'll find them receptive, as they really DO NOT encounter all that many people like you. Hat tip to we seniors, and all the experience and responsibility to our jobs we bring right along with us. Too bad too many companies do not want to recognize this.

K-mom---I had to smile at your kind entreaty to not be judgmental of those in the south who go bat crap cray cray over an inch or two of snow, or a temp they're not used to, or any weather forecast that doesn't look like they think it should. You are a good heart. Me in this regard, not so much, LOL.

I think it's knee jerk reactions to small threats, and old habits. There are so many REAL natural disasters to worry about these days, but 2 inches of snow, Imo, should not stop the clock in schools and business. I think climate change is real, and everyone needs to expect the unexpected, and learn how to deal with it in the most efficient way, which is not calling off or delaying the world at the slightest weather threat. Forgive me, but couldn't help that rant.

Totally get you when you say without any accountability, your water would be down. Mine too, which is why I remain in the water hound challenge. And boy, it sure is a challenge for me.

Monday water, 3/3. Tuesday water, 3/3. Wednesday water 3/3. Holding steady at the bottom of requirements but w/out being a water hound, I think I would do worse. Again I always note, my one glass is 12 ounces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think I've pooped myself out w/my comments. Except to say, I made it 7 days on excellent plan, until last night, when we were invited to dinner by a good couple pal of ours. It was fab black bean soup and bread. I had some bread. I had...too much bread. But at least it was what would be my one treat night out of 6, although I had hoped to make it for 2 weeks w/out a treat night.

Didn't. But, hadn't had even 1 carb before dinner last night, and back on plan today. And the beat goes on. Still feeling very good for my efforts, and the bread didn't bloat me out today. Hopefully I'm back on for another week. Perhaps 2 perfect weeks is too much to ask right now. So I'll go back to my 6 days on, 1 day off plan.

I don't really care what the scale says anymore, big metamorphosis for me. I care how my clothes feel, and how I feel. And for now, I don't feel the need to lose pounds, so much as I feel the need not to gain them, and to feel good and clear. My LC goals are changing.

Still, waiting for my word. Still thinking about it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jan-11-18 at 00:00.
Sponsored Links
  #947   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 21:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

So happy you posted Blue- and your post to KMOM was funnier than you know- being a north girl now in the south. They CANCELLED SCHOOL OVER RAIN- threat of sleet- never happened!

More tomorrow! YAY back!
  #948   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 05:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Slept in this morning. It is 6AM and I've only been up a few minutes. I was awake and kind of in that twilight sleep for the past hour or so....in and out, you know?

Blue...so good to see you post again. We missed you! Sounds like your work is going well and things are moving along nicely. You are so right about the retail manager thing. Let that to the younger people! I have zero desire to pursue that route. You are right that I will probably have a few more late nights closing the store, but I'm kind of getting used to it. That will actually work out during golf season as I typically play fairly early in the day. I WILL NOT work every weekend, and will make that clear in the next couple months.

My schedule next week is perfect. I work 4 days, but never go in earlier than 11 and the latest I am there is 5:30. Perfect! Tonight I go in at 4:30 and work till 9, then I'm off for the weekend again.

I'm fasting long today to try to make up for my food indiscretions yesterday. Black coffee & water only for me this morning.

Jaz...hope you're feeling better this morning.

Later!
  #949   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 05:30

BF:

Good Morning Ladies,

Lori- Are you at bootcamp this morning? I am interesting in how you are training. Are you finally getting some warm weather?

Trig- Had lip smacking rib last night! Thought of you. Why does your family eat ribs anymore? But yes they don't eat healthy?! That is confusing! Do you pack the kiddo's lunch everyday? Is she picking up any of your good habits?

Blue- You know that I was happy to see your post! Very good that you are under the gun to get your project and staying on plan! You aren't stress eating!
I did think your response to southern people in a twit over the weather was ROFL. But it is SO funny because it's TRUE! Let me add that they don't know how to DRIVE in it either!

Leeann- Funny discussion that was on the news this morning. To give kids allowance or not. I was wondering what you thought about that. You and Trig both- since you still have the kiddo at home!
It funny because my husband and I had differing thoughts regarding that- even 20 years ago!

Anymore weight loss? Are you getting back to goal or have you set a new one? Great job! Have you tried the "riced" califlower?

Kmom- Speaking of Cauliflower, as you still eating your "pizza"? I go though periods where I eat something over and over- then I stop for a while!
You get the SD this weekend right? Is she coming Friday? Is she in school?
--------------------------------------------
Hey all feeling even better than yesterday but extremely TIRED! I am going to work from home tomorrow. Then I get a 3 day weekend. I was thinking about taking Tue off as well to have 4 days off. But since I called in yesterday I might go in. I haven't decided.

I am fully ON plan. I get what you are saying Blue about let your clothes be a guide! Think is my favorite thing to wear is yoga pants and a tee shirt! HAHAHAHAH- when I am at work I wear skirts and heels. Skirts hide a multitude of "issues" HAHAHAH

Ok ladies- leftovers today. I will be house hunting a bit today- so far nothing new. I am thinking that maybe next month there will be more on the market! People are not thinking about moving just yet!
Think is I have started packing. Little stuff- but now I have boxes in the living room. Starting to stack up.

Great day all!
  #950   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 08:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- DS16 has band daily at school at zero period. This other band is something he was trying through the place he is taking music lessons. He isn't liking it but since he decided to do it, he is seeing it through and it ends mid February. He will be glad to be finished with it!

Allowance- we were very hit or miss on this one. Every now and again I would assign chores and pay accordingly. More often than not, they got nothing but seldom asked for money outside of field trips, birthday gifts for parties and the like. Once they were old enough to have a job (babysitting, or otherwise) then those things came out of their pockets. Christmas gifts come out of their pockets as well.

Lori- I hope your current shoes do work for you. But if you have any doubt, get thee to the shoe store that is 30 minutes away and get fitted! Running can be really hard on your feet and I have a number of friends who have plantar fasciitis right now and can't do squat!

Your schedule for next week sounds wonderful! I do agree that you are in the power position here as to what you want to do and how much you want to work. They are lucky to have you!

Blue- Curious as to what your thoughts are on the concept of Oprah2020. I heard that being bandied about/ discussed on various news channels on XM yesterday. And feel free to dismiss, but curious anyway.

You asked about LC and Hormones. For me they are VERY tightly linked. I have PCOS (fairly mildly, IMO) diagnosed as a teenager. Being on LC has made me more regular than I have been in my entire life. Being off for quite some time last year, I think being back on was re-regulating things through induction. I have had several days of light staining and that is only reason I can think of.
Many women with PCOS find LC to be the best way to naturally regulate their hormones and other symptoms.

Girl, I think you are doing so well and perfectly fine on your plan. You can choose to do 6/7 on your plan, but just because you went 6 days this time doesn't mean you have to change plans. If you want to, do it. If it makes it easier to say 6/7 for each week and then decide weekly if you want that meal off or not, do that! The beauty of this is that it is always up to you! IMO you have been beautifully, remarkably on track and consistent for a long time!

•••••••••••••••••••••••

So I had an opportunity to practice not having a crappy mood yesterday over my Costco tire experience. I had made an appointment and took my car over to have the tires balanced and rotated. I had shopping to do so it was all going to be fine. They told me an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, which kind of surprised me since I had an appointment, but I was okay with that as Costco is a great place to be stranded. Do my shopping, read some in a chair somewhere that is for sale, then grab my cold stuff when they are ready. So I hung out for a while, then was getting ready to finish up when I get a call from them- Costco: "your glove box won't open."
Me: "what do you mean?"
Costco: "We think it might be locked."
Me: "Ok, well, then can you just unlock it? You have the key."
Costco: "Well, I guess we could go out there and try it again.."

A few minutes later, my phone rings again.

Costco: "We can't get your glove box open. And you brought your car in too soon for the balance and rotation. You'll have to bring it back another time."
Me, irritated: "FINE. I'll come and get it after I check out."

Apparently there is a time frame for balance and rotation, even though I had to ask three people to find out what it was. Then I went out and easily opened the glove box by inserting the key and turning it. Sigh. And these people change tires but can't open a glove box??

So I was pretty ticked at first. Then I thought about it- I was going to Costco that day anyway. I got gas, got my purchases, flipped through a cookbook. I spend maybe an extra half hour total beyond what I would have anyway. Such a first world "problem!" So I quit whining!

I used my Sous Vide for the second time yesterday and made pork chops. I *hate* making pork chops because I suck at it. Well, these were so tender and juicy. Both the boys thought so too. I was really pleased with it. And easy! The next thing I will be using it for is steaks, in a couple of days. I know that will go well!

Today I am waiting on a dishwasher delivery. Ours is leaking somewhere and causing the floorboards to warp, so we have been hand washing for the past week.

My movie pass came in the mail yesterday and Rob's should be coming soon. Movie time!! I am interested to see how often I use mine. Looking forward to trying it!

Dropping slowly and not so worried about it. 20 by the wedding (September) is plenty of time and eases off the road of perfection. So far, so good.
  #951   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 10:55

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 4/5
Tuesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 6/5, KMom 5/5
Wednesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 2/5

OK...I am on this today! Yesterday I was gone for most of the day and water was not made a priority. But I plan to have MORE days that ARE a priority than are not!

Jaz: I am pretty confused. I saw your water for Sunday and then the post that said "yesterday" said your water for "yesterday" was 6/5. So yesterday was Wednesday so I assume when you wrote "yesterday" you meant Tuesday.

It helps so much to write the DAY in front of the water amount.

THANKS!!!
  #952   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 10:59

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Not much to say today. Back is still achy. I brought SD to doctor yesterday and since her doctor is my doctor also, I asked her briefly about my back. She said to make an appointment asap. Sometimes it is OK, but other times, it really it is the kind of pain where you wince.

Treadmill is calling my name. Knee is quite a bit better, but now my back could not tolerate walking on that. But the day will come and I am anxious for it.

Plan to use my Fitbit and have a goal in mind for everyday and just keep getting on the treadmill until I reach it!

I am pretty good at setting goals (small ones) and reaching them. I like to make a chart everyday with boxes. I get great joy checking off my boxes. Maybe I need chart/box therapy?!?!?!

Hope everyone has a great day on plan. I have been quite stellar lately.

K-Mom 10x4
  #953   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 17:41

BF:

Hey ladies quick check in !

Leeann- Yah Yah Yah I know we are spoiled. You didn't get your tired done, we in the world view that is nothing. But dam I would have been irritated. Time is well precious. They couldn't open a frekin glove box. ......... You did better than I would have. I know don't sweat the small stuff. But incompetence drives me crazy!
Especially if time is premium.

You are a better woman than me!!!!!!!!!
You of all people could easy 20 20 by Sept! No worries! Are you thinking about dresses? What are their colors?

KMOM- my apologies - so Wed I was 3 I think or 4 I think just 3. Not a good day.
Today/Thurs- 3/5- And I feel dehydrated. And my pee color is dark. so I ask what is so hard about water.
We have it so good!

What up with your back? I love your way of setting small goals! Or as I say one stitch at a time! Over time it makes for a lovely quilt! You GO my friend!
So is SD with you through the weekend now?

Lori- We cross posted again! I agree- get you the shoes that work!!!!!

Blue tell us about your day!

Trig- Left over ribs- what did you have? Have you gotten outside at all before the temp changes again?
----------------------------------------
Ladies I am bone drop tired
8 hours in a meeting- I am not kidding. I am going to hit the sack early. No energy to post other than - on plan- tired and so happy home for next couple days! I NEED it

Off to Netflix binge
  #954   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 19:15

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Lori---Love your "perfect hours." That's what I'd like too if I ever take on a part time job. You don't have to get up and going early and home in time for dinner. Do you have a "work money kitty" for Key West?

Nic---Am I reading it right that you want to be down 20 by Sept, the wedding? Think you'll do that relatively easily. One thing I know about you, when you set your hat on this woe, you drop surely and steadily, like clock work.

I too am curious about what you're thinking of wearing for the wedding. Know you hate to wear dresses, although I could really see you looking so pretty in a sleek and elegant dress. Nothing fussy of course. Wish I lived close, would love to go with you to find something. I love doing that kind of thing with pals.

Jaz---OMG, meetings are such time and energy sucks. I don't mind the small meetings over projects w/colleagues, which can be fun, but the all around the table thing for hours is exhausting. Keeping your game face on is exhausting when you're thinking, "did she/he really just say that?"

Love that you have the next days off. Will you be real estate hunting? If so, do share! You said you're going to live in a hotel if you have to. Is it one of those residential hotels that are more reasonable and have a kitchenette? Any chance you could save yourself some money and store your stuff in say, your mom's garage for a month or so?

Trigger----

K-mom---Cozy weather today, huh? Didn't put a toe out of the house. But we have many windows, and it was so pretty to look out at the snow while being warm and toasty inside. We're supposed to go into a deep freeze again over the weekend. I really don't like that, particularly if the wind is up. If it's not and one bundles up, it's doable. But one thing I actually like about winter is how life slows down a bit and it's all about nesting well.

Glad to hear your knee is doing better, but then there goes the back. Isn't that the way these days. I have different aches and pains all the time. Which I keep telling myself is a good reason to get back to some exercise---might as well be sore for a good reason! I agree, a chart can really help---so fun to get your "gold star" for the day, and can be quite motivating.

Thursday water: 3/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after a few very productive days, I let myself laze around today. Snow storm outside begged me to get on my sofa and read my book and let the world turn without me riding it hard.

On plan. Nothing but a shake so far today. Hubby and I are both feeling lazy, so we're going to do a frozen pizza, and I'll be scrapping off the toppings. Not particularly hungry, so that should be just fine. Don't do this often, but we're into easy tonight, and then we'll be watching the re-start of "This is Us." And maybe then, start season 2 of "The crown." I love that historical stuff!

Tomorrow I've got to get back to checking some things off my list, but for today all is calm and peaceful.
  #955   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 06:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I had a nice, long lie-in this morning. 6:30!! So much for boot camp this morning. Oh well, my hips are so sore this morning it will probably do me good to take the morning off.

Rainy, warm day here. 56 degrees.....like a Spring morning. Reality will be back this weekend with temps down in the 20's.

Jaz...hope you're enjoying the start of your nice long weekend off work. Also hope you're feeling better and the crud has left you.

Nic...I, too, would love to help you dress shop! I'm sure you'll find something lovely.

KMom..hope your back is feeling better. Back pain is the worst.

Trig...what's up girl? Hope the weather has warmed up for you.

Blue...I need to watch my DVR'd "This Is Us" from Tuesday night too. Possibly later this morning. I actually forgot that it had restarted this week until I saw something on FB about it. "The Crown" sounds like a show I'd like too. I think I can get that on my Amazon Prime video.

Lazy day ahead for me and then we're going to our fav restaurant for dinner. Filet & Scallops here I come! Yum...!

Bye!
  #956   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 07:39

BF:

Happy TGIF!!!!

Lori- You are most likely up and about. We have been cross posting lately! How IS bootcamp going for you? Are you feeling better? I really like the idea of a training schedule. Very good use of your time! Plus small daily goals! Did you fine it online? Did you find some shoes?
Good for you they cut your hours a bit! You were working a full time week!

KMOM- Thur- water 4/5. - Any fun plans with the SD this weekend? How are you feeling? Back issues are no fun. Did you pull or twist funny?
Glad you are getting your treadmill! I have treadmill envy! But saving my pennies right now!

Blue- OMG, you are more right about the meeting drain! I laughed when I read your line"did she REALLY SAY THAT?"- Because I really did say that!!!!! You know in a class or meeting or a situation you are forced into sit with a group of people, there is alway's "that person" - that dominates and WANTS TO BE HEARD. Times that by 8 hours. My head hurt by the time I got home. She wasn't even the speaker. But she kept interrupting and was so disruptive. Nobody told her to be quite either.
But trust me- we were all staring at her to shut up!!!!! Sorry- you got me riled on that one.
But I am sure you have had your share of those kinds of meetings!

Good on you to get some rest time after putting in your work! Nothing like a cozy couch and a great book! What is on your reading list right now?
I will answer your moving question in a second!

Leeann- I will join you on the goal of 20- although I have 2times that to lose! Are you up 20 from goal? Or are you wanting a new goal? I too am interested in what you might wear!

I have car issues to deal with myself tomorrow. I have to get an emission test before I can renew my license. Plus I need a oil change and it needs a bath and detailed. I will wait until the rain stops to do that. I still have SAND in my car from my Florida vacay last year. It just makes me HAPPY to see it. So it was never a rush to sweep it away.
---------------------------------------------------
I am souped out! I was given pork chops and fresh sausage as a gift. I am thawing the pork chops for tonight.

Working from home today- So glad too. Terrible weather day out. Rain, thunderstorms, and fog. Then the temp is supposed to drop

So Blue you ask the question about a hotel. So I have decided rather than grab something for the sake of grabbing ANYTHING- I will wait until I feel I have found what I want.
So there is a NICE Hilton- 2 blocks from where I work that has an executive suite. I am thinking about just as you said. Putting my stuff in storage and camping out there until I find what I want.

It will not save me money - as it is rather $$. I am not going to a dive extended stay. But I would be able to hang there until am ready to buy. They have already rented my place. So I gotta go.

I am hopeful that something will come up before- but that is my plan B.

I am enjoying this weeks studies. It is on time management- and developing healthy and workable habits. It goes EXACTLY along with my work. Purposeful!
Time is the one thing we can't get back, buy more of or negotiate. But we can use it wisely and not squander it.
So in that context- I want to share something with you. I read it and it was very profound.

WHO AM I:
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you downward to failure.
I AM completely at your command.
Half the things you do mights as well run over to me and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly.

I am easily managed- but you must be FIRM with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done and after a few lessons I will just do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great individuals and alas of all failures as well.
Those who are great I MADE THEM GREAT.
Those who are Failures, I HAVE MADE FAILURES

I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human.
You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin- it makes no difference to me.

Take me, train me, but you must be FIRM with me, and I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy and lax with me and I will destroy you.

WHO AM I?

----------YOUR HABIT-------------

On that I will let you chew on that. I found it profound.

Yes Lori- feeling great again! Crud gone
  #957   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 09:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz same here for days. rain fog and storms and nasty and warmer, but icky...at least this is all NOT an ice storm we so get in winter time LOL shuts down our cities totally on the ice storms

KM...thanks for the info on the medicare. I have like 9 yrs to go til I can hit it but waiting for changes to it LOL but I will know exactly what to do with it cause I am one of those control freaks in life and I will be sure to cover all bases...thanks!!

Hey guys I am in sinus shutdown as usual when low pressure systems come. a few days of head in total fog here, eyeball gonna pressure out like a bullet, stabbing pain up the neck as usual and just a general crazy head thing. ALL normal for me with sinus LOL but there is NO WAY I AM ever going for that 'clean out' sinus surgery thing they do to people...so many down here do it and ALL I hear is the 'hell no I would never do it again' type info so at this point I am waiting til I 'friggin' move' to where my head is clear. Oh yea in the North I never had this in my life....at the beach I never have it....just the inner states seem to bloom and storm way too darn much and kill me so I will just muddle thru it all..............but I get so 'swimmy headed' that I can't think clearly so heck I lost all info on what I was gonna reply to posts, etc.

so starting fresh from this point and chatting from here.

Jazz, pork chops with cajun seasoning is just oh so darn good, I eat 3 chops if the thin ones, only 2 if the thicker.

ok it stinks here
warmer yes but rainy icky and temps are to 'plummet' soon and oh I hate that word plummet in winter

Did I say I was gonna do the treadmill? I lied like a dog on that one. Not one step on it. No 'walk away the lbs' tape cause I could care less about any of it.

whatever

It just is what it is. My mood/head clog will flip and into real life I go again, so I just wait for it.

My mind is on San Antonio. Can't wait now

Buying a Onan 4000 Generator for RV. They will install and putting a new MaxiAir Remote Control ceiling fan into the master bedroom in the RV.....crap out like 6K on this but who cares, this means I am 1000% self sufficient in the RV now with the genny....we always got RVs with gennys but this one we bought without it and knew we would put it in, so now is the time.

always something going down tho ya know.
never 'just live' and 'be quiet' and I hate that.

Was watching 'the Boonies' tv show on cable (bought streaming cable thru Charter cause it was massive super cheap, as cheap as Netflix per month and I got to get it for a 2 yr set price which is fab--works thru my Roku!)----but the Boonies people live off grid. Bucking the system of course which I what I kinda want to do Anyway, this guy and wife lives in a treehouse they build on the land. He was sawing a tree with a saw and he said..........the reason I don't have a chainsaw is because that chainsaw will take ya right up to a mortgage again........and I so TOTALLY get what he is saying on this the rat race keeps one in the rat lifestyle of pay to play....I am so over pay to play. Just wish hubby would go as radical as I want to go and I got a 12 yr old kid that ain't into it at all HA HA so I dream on things and how I would live now if I didn't have baggage (and yes baggage is family that don't go there in thinking with me) LOL Just baggage on that kinda thing, other than that I would lay down my life for them eh, ya get me guys

ok off I go, druggied out on sinus meds, head foggy and who knows what the heck I am saying!!

tuna/mayo and cajun chicken today
  #958   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 09:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, wow that is profound! I agree with you. I will have to mull that one over for quite some time.

Re: the Hilton near your work.. that seems like it would get pretty darn pricey, pretty darn fast! I could be wrong, but especially when you allow time for closing that could add 30 days just from when you find a place! How about a airbnb type option? That might be cheaper. Don't know and obviously it is your call. And you've probably already looked at the costs involved.

KMom- Yay for being "stellar!" Love that word!! I am sorry your back is bothering you and hope you can get it settled down fairly quickly.

Blue- Your lazy day sounds absolutely wonderful- to read, be warm, and look out to see snow-- just lovely!! I am surprised that ANY frozen pizza has enough toppings to pull off to be satisfying, but maybe some are more topping-heavy than I remember. We have a place here called Pie Five that I will go and get completely loaded up (it is a personal pizza place, ready in five minutes, to order) and I can get two meals out of it, toppings only!

Lori- Glad you had a lie-in. Probably good to let your body rest some too, to prevent injury. We are warm and rainy here today too. Nice to not have it be so cold, although the INSIDE of my house feels much colder because the heat isn't coming on so often.

•••••••••••••

Wedding clothes- I am so just not even ready to think about this yet. I freaking hate dress up events. Now, obviously, I am not going to hate my daughter's wedding, and quite honestly I am REALLY looking forward to the reception. We know how to have fun in our family (plus aunts, uncles and cousins) and we will be dancing (and drinking) fools! So yes, looking forward to it. But I *really* need to wear something that lets me feel comfortable in my skin, and I am admittedly very picky in that area. I have all kinds of sensory issues in regards to clothes, plus personal comfort issues as well. I would go so far as to say that how something FEELS on my body is at least as important as how it looks. An outfit that feels uncomfortable makes me miserable.

So, I'm avoiding the whole thing at the moment. Still time!

So, two cooking discoveries to share:

1) I HATE scrambled eggs. I can choke it down with cheese but literally force myself. Well, I recently read that cooking them low and slow, over like 15 minutes time, made for really creamy eggs. I finally decided to try it and YUM. These are actually good! They don't even need cheese or anything, just salt and pepper. 2 TB of butter in a small pot, two eggs, cook low and slow, stirring occasionally. YUM!

2) Super good chicken wings- my family of four demolished four pounds of these last night in about ten minutes and were looking around for more. Complaints that it was not enough!

Preheat oven to 425 (I used convection bake)-

Mix: 2 TB baking powder, 1 t salt, 1/2 t onion powder, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t paprika, 1/4 t pepper in a ramekin.

Take 3 lbs wings (I had 4 lb) and pat dry as best you can. Put them in a ziplock bag, shake seasoning mix in and seal, then shake to cover wings.

Lay wings out on baking sheets. I used two baking sheets with a silpat on each. He recommends using a wire rack to elevate them. The last time I did this it was AWFUL to clean the rack. These wings were just as crispy without using the rack, so I don't recommend it.

Put wings in for 20 minutes.

Take them out, flip them, rotate pans.

20 more minutes, repeat.

20 more minutes, repeat.

Be prepared for some wing goodness because these were awesome!

I then got a large bowl and put in several TB of melted butter, garlic powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. I tossed half the wings in that and then added fresh grated parmesan. The other ones were meant for people to eat plain or with buffalo sauce but instead we kept adding more wings to the butter mixture in the bowl. The boys each had like 8 wings, and I had 6, and Dh had like 6. We were all looking for more! Give it a try.

I rejoined the Y to make steps toward trying yoga and doing some strength training/toning in preparation for September (and also for health and travel.) No initiation fee and 53 dollars per month, month to month. I'm going to go by today and do my first baby strength training.

Tonight is steaks in the sous vide. I feel less intimidated now and more curious, after the pork chops were such a hit!

Have a great day!

Last edited by niccofive : Fri, Jan-12-18 at 15:52.
  #959   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 10:02

BF:

Leeann- I have 4 pound bag in my freezer of drumletts. I could make them tomorrow. Do you think the baking powder made them crispy? Mine are just a plain bag from Krogers. Were your frozen or thawed?
I will need to pull them out today then.

No I had not thought about the airbnb type option. Can you give me a link or more info in my email?
THANKS
  #960   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-18, 15:23

BF:

Ok - I am being "that person" that won't shut up while we all eyeroll.

But I just have to share-
I made SUFFED PEPPER that are THAT GOOD!

It will be a staple:

1 pound ground meat- I used turkey
1 pound of ground sausage (I like spicy- you can do mild)
1 package Birdseye calirice
small can of tomato past
1/4 cup Rao (save rest for topping)
seasonings- garlic, hot peppers, pepper, onion powder, dash aminos or wostershire sues- I use dash of both.

cook all above - combine in big bowl- season to taste
Organic green pepper
I just use 2- had tons of meat mixture left over
I cut in half- stuff with mixture- more mixture- heaping. Top with left over RAO- add little bit of water in pan

bake 350 for 30 minutes- then turn up to 425 for 15 minutes-
top with cheese if you can have it- or eat as is.
Carbs about 6 total carbs for each half. I added extra meat mixture- minus the pepper.

it sounds like work- promise - not. 4-5 servings depending on how many peppers you use.

Ok- Just had to share- good day

KMOM- I am hanging head- not even one full glass today.

Oh last thing- so I went to get couple things at grocery for weekend. So I was walking out and had exactly 2 bucks in my purse. I NEVER have cash, but today I did.
For the hell of it- I passed a lotto machine and bought 1 ticket. Won 50 bucks! Took my my spoils and ran outta there! I know when to quit. Big time gambler!
Closed Thread