Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 07:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I just found this post. Kalamazoo area here! Nice to meet you all!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-06, 04:28
Registered Member

Stats: 154/164/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: -71%

Hi there, Nice to meet you. How's Kalamazoo? I have never been there.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-06, 16:45

It's a nice place to live for the most part. Have you heard about the Kalamazoo promise? It has been in the news since last spring. Every kid that goes to Kalamazoo public schools for at least 4 years qualifies for a free 4 year college at any school except it doesn't include trade schools. You could go to Western Michigan University for free! Too bad my kids don't qualify! How's it in Clinton? Where is it anyway??
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 03:59
Registered Member

Stats: 154/164/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: -71%

Wow, I have missed that! That is an awesome deal! My daughter is going to go to Wayne State in Detroit for Pharmacist (after another year or two in community college) she could have used that deal! lol Things are good in Clinton Township. I am working hard at my Atkin's thing. I have gained 10 lbs and have to deal with that. Yuck, right at the holidays time. I have to snap out of it before Thanksgiving. As you can see I never made it to my goal, but was ok with where I was for a few years. How about you? How do you do Atkins? What kind of foods do you eat?
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 16:44

I have always been a meat eater, so this is easy for me. I, too gained weight last year. I was under the influence of the "one bite won't matter" thinking. Well, it did matter, and in a big way. I re-started Atkins in January, and although it's slower this time, I am down to a size 8 or 10, and a size M sweater. I am very happy about that! I make sure that I eat breakfast every morning if I am hungry or not, lunch meat rolled up with a piece of cheese usually, sometimes an Atkins bar (I get up at 3:45 a.m. for work) and a snack at break time (9 a.m.)most of the time it is some cheese and pepperoni or half my lunch, then a good size lunch, usually a salad of some kind, at noon. Then home for supper around 5. I eat meat and maybe a small serving of veges. Snacks are macadamia nuts, or cream cheese mixed with some sugar free jelly or sugar free pudding (If I need a sweet fix) or some pork rinds. I don't snack as much as I did before Atkins. I gained my weight back last year with a bite of real cheese cake here and a bite of ice cream there, and of course, buttered popcorn at the movies. I won't let that happen again, I like the way I look now. Nothing beats being able to tuck in your shirt and not be self conscious about what people are saying about you!! My favorite cold weather low carb supper is cream soup. I boil chicken broth, mix in some spinach or broccoli and boil until done, then maybe some chunks of chicken, then heavy cream, and when that is all hot, melt some shredded cheese either in it or on top. It is wonderful! My son even eats it!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 19:39
Round 2

Plan: RNY & LowCarb
Stats: 270/180/160 Female 5'10
BF:sz 24/sz16/sz8
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shewolf8
It's a nice place to live for the most part. Have you heard about the Kalamazoo promise? It has been in the news since last spring. Every kid that goes to Kalamazoo public schools for at least 4 years qualifies for a free 4 year college at any school except it doesn't include trade schools. You could go to Western Michigan University for free! Too bad my kids don't qualify! How's it in Clinton? Where is it anyway??

I've heard rumors about that here in Holland, but nobody seemed to know the specifics, I think the last thing i was told was that the child had to be in Kazoo schools from k-12. If I could deal with the commute, it'd definately be something I'd be interested in (2 girls = 2 hefty tuition bills).

I did live in Kalamazoo back in the late '80s when I went to KVCC, nasty neighborhood though (3 other roommates and school, go figure), over past Borgess Hospital. That lasted 2 semesters..

Anyhoo, like I said above..I'm in Holland, and grew up in Saugatuck..hi girls
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-27-06, 17:50

Plan: Atkins/Keto/Volek/Phinney
Stats: 153/144.6/125 Female 63.5 inches
BF:27.4%
Progress: 30%

Hey, neighbors...another West Michigander, here. I'm about 20 minutes north of Muskegon.

k